Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #5731
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

In Shin Megami Tensei IV, I'm quite far in Tokyo now, and things have picked up. I have a lot more demons that I can use to fuse now, and exploring the post apocalyptic world is eerily beautiful. This must be where Atlus's budget went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
I'm having such a hard time with demon negotiations. I'm saving frequently and reloading if I fail, but I have no idea what some of these demons want.
I'm not that good at it either, but I tend to give the demons a few of the items they request, then use either the deny or cheat option. But it's good that this game lets you try and scout the same demon in the same battle, unlike previous SMT games.

Also, if you try to scout a demon that's already in your party, they'll automatically like you and end the battle, plus maybe give you money or an item.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/...emi-tensei-iv/

Last edited by UNIT0918 : 07-22-2013 at 06:52 PM.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #5732
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Just Platinum'd Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #5733
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiryuux View Post
Just Platinum'd Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Just in time to watch Dangan Ronpa: the Animation, which was written by the same team as the Zero Escape games/visual novels.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #5734
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Installed Sonic Racing Transformed or whatever the fresh hell it's called for Steam. Played for like 15 minutes, and Mario Kart can REALLY take a page from SEGA in terms of KART racing. Huge cast w/ unlockables, impressive track designs, fun to play w/o it being too easy. Good stuff.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #5735
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Finished Borderlands 2 - twice. Once as Gaige and once as Maya. I preferred Maya, but IMO she's a tougher character for single player. Liked it SO much better than the first one. Environments were more varied, NPCs were better, story was better. And it was much much funnier. Only negative for me is that I would have liked a longer time between respawns. I like to poke around in every nook and cranny and there's a lot to explore in each area - especially if you want to look for some of the challenge items. I got tired of having to clear out an area multiple times. Similarly, I thought there was too much back-tracking for side quests.

Started Remember Me. It has its problems, but mostly it seems to me like a big budget idea that didn't have a big budget. Which, you know, if you're a new developer and you don't have a big budget, you probably shouldn't try to make a game that requires a big budget. Just my opinion. And whatever budget they did have, they probably spent most of it on the art direction, because the design is gorgeous. I don't think the combat mechanics are as bad as some of the reviews make them out to be. It works better in some fights than in others. There was a pretty steep learning curve for me and I'm still not really great at it. I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for something a little different - maybe not at full price though. Aside from its negatives, it's also a fairly short game. I just started it yesterday and I'm in chapter 4 of 8.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #5736
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

I put maybe 2 hours into BL2 this past weekend. No regrets, but yeah, Maya works a lot better when you have support.

I picked up Injustice:GAU on the cheap and man, I'm torn. Mechanically, this game is sweet. Visually, it's mixed. Story mode is a hot mess, and yo, kinda messed up in a bad way. Like there's a bit where you fight Raven and Green Lantern, and after he wins, he adjusts his ring and literally say "Looks like I won't be getting any more lip from her", which yo....yo.....that ain't cool.

Sonic Vroom Vroom Transforming Racing remains a delight, and I managed to get my hands on a N64 this past weekend. Goldeneye has NOT aged well.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 07-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #5737
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Almost done Shadowrun Returns, then I have to wait for all those creative DM people to make new scenarios I can try.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #5738
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Beat Story mode for Injustice. Short story was short, and also kinda whack at times. S.T.A.R. labs mode is fun though, so there's that.

Unread 07-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #5739
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Finally blasted through story mode of Saints Row the Third with my fianc last night and beat the game. Feels good to finish something as Animal Crossing takes up like, all my game time. Occasionally I switch over to Fire Emblem, but all I've been doing there is grinding and marrying my characters off. Hrm.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: Anime Los Angeles (January 9-11)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #5740
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi View Post
Finally blasted through story mode of Saints Row the Third with my fianc last night and beat the game. Feels good to finish something as Animal Crossing takes up like, all my game time. Occasionally I switch over to Fire Emblem, but all I've been doing there is grinding and marrying my characters off. Hrm.
Just in time for Saints Row the 4 to drop in a few weeks!

Wanted to mess around w/ some of the new BSI DLC last night, BUT the servers were too busy to install it properly or some such. THANKS GABE-BAMA. Did some BL2 instead.

Unread 07-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #5741
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

The more I play Remember Me the more I like it. It's rough around the edges but most of my gripes are for what it doesn't do. Mostly, I just really really want it to be open world. That, and have skipable cut scenes. I have to think that the reviewers who complained about the fighting didn't really give it a chance. If you try to just punch and kick your way to victory - yeah, it's pretty dull. If you use all the tools the game gives you, it's a lot of fun. Part of what I like is that you have to dodge frequently which is how I like to play anyway. And it makes sense for the character - you're a scrawny girl trying to fight giant dudes and robots. Several times I've thought, "Man, this fight is stupid!" and then realized - no, I am the one who is stupid. I was just using the completely wrong strategy.

Last edited by The Hag : 07-31-2013 at 10:07 AM.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 01:28 PM   #5742
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

- Close to beating Saint's Row The Third. Just finishing up the Saintsbook portion before I head into the endgame.
- Started up Uncharted Golden Abyss and Wipeout 2048

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:29 PM   #5743
diminishinghope
mnishng Hp

Super Metroid
diminishinghope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #5744
MeiChama
Mahou Shoujo★MeiMei

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West. I played it on an emulator for the longest time but had to stop due to a puzzle being literally unsolvable on that type of thing.
Freddy Fazbear [Genderbend Gijinka] - Five Nights at Freddy's
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Hatsune Miku [Racing Queen 2015] - Vocaloid
Alvin [Genderbend] - Tales of Xillia
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #5745
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

-Borderland 2 co-op with has been fun.
-Hit the 31 hour mark in Project X Zone.
- Not Bioshock Infinite because it's borked and I need a patch >:/