Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
Shirley<3Lulu

VidCon

I know it's not a cosplay event but I was curious if anyone was planning to attend. c:
Shirley<3Lulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #2
Link584
Lover of Pugs and Zelda!

I know it's been a couple months since you posted this, but I am definitely going! (for the 4th year in a row actually)

Will it be your first time?
Link584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #3
Shirley<3Lulu

Yeah, it will! Can you tell me what I should be expecting from VidCon? c:
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
Link584
Lover of Pugs and Zelda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirley<3Lulu View Post
Yeah, it will! Can you tell me what I should be expecting from VidCon? c:
Vidcon has gotten bigger every year, and so has the level of craziness, but it's not that bad. It's very well organized, but your experience will only be as good as you plan. In a couple months the full itinerary should be posted onto the Vidcon website so you can know exactly what panels are occurring and where they will be.

I don't know if you've ever been to the convention center before or not, but the ground floor consists or two primary purposes. The first being the stores and sponsors section, filled with lots of great merchants, prizes, and more. It's a great place to spend hours hanging out and meeting new people. In fact, the larger Youtubers usually do their signings and meetups there! (lines can be a couple hours long depending on who you meet, but sometimes you can catch them walking around like I do. Unless it's one particular person you REALLY want to meet, you'll probably catch them at some point later on anyways).

The second purpose is the Main Stage, which is down a hall and is a big circular room, sorta like a hockey ring. That is where content by big and medium Youtubers are done live nearly all day long (that will also be on the website. The website will be like your tv guide).

Lastly for now, Vidcon has a couple more floors used for all the panels. Personally I would chart out where you want to be all day long and roughly follow it. I personally find it best to commit to a couple must have panels, and then feel out the rest accordingly. Most of my best experiences happened just walking around and meeting people! If Youtube celebs are your thing, I managed to meet several big Youtubers every year, in most cases just walking around and finding a smaller crowd of people around them. Now most know me as they are not pressured to make me leave so the next person in line can talk to them. As a video creator, I focused less on autographs and pictures with them, but instead had certain questions I asked each different Youtuber. They appreciated it a lot, and now they know me.

It's all relative to what you want to do while you are there, and I have a different answer for each experience, but I feel strong about what I said here. Just know that if meeting any Big Youtuber is on your list, make sure that if you catch them walking around with a couple people that appear to be friends, they are probably heading somewhere specific (like the bathroom) so it's best to let them be. Other then that, it's an amazing place, and I could go on and on about it. That's actually where we got our channel partnered last year! It's a magical place.

Also, bring a backpack and a couple snacks and water. It helps a ton. Plus you get so much free stuff so quickly you don't know hat to do with it (I think I got about 10 free shirts last year. That helps pay the bill!).

TehMonitor.com
Thats my website with my significant other, Foisko! From Lets Plays, to original programming.
We hope to see you there!
Unread 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Shirley<3Lulu

Thank you so much, this was very helpful and reassuring to my decision to attend this year. c: Honestly, I've met a few big time youtubers before, and I wanted to ask them questions to help with my own videos. I admit, when actually meeting them my mind seemed to go blank, though I managed to ask a few polite questions. They were extremely friendly and warm, and when I politely asked if I could have a photo of them they were more than willing. I would prefer the more friendly approach for VidCon. There are quite a few people I'm excited to meet. c:
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #6
Link584
Lover of Pugs and Zelda!

You sound a lot like me. You realize that they are just really cool people to meet, who happen to make great content that millions appreciate! Maybe we will see ya there! I'll be the one in the purple hat (at least for a while of it, see my photos).

Have you considered the industry track at all? I dunno what your level of interest in video creation is.

TehMonitor.com
Thats my website with my significant other, Foisko! From Lets Plays, to original programming.
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:15 AM   #7
Shirley<3Lulu

Well, I haven't been posting solid videos for too long. Before I would just post random footage I took at conventions, the occasional skit, CMV, and whatnot. As of right now I'm in the process of having a friend join me, we hope to one day comfortably create videos in a "Whose Line Is It Anyway" theme. I would love to be making videos, for the long run. To be honest I'm not sure where I'll end up with it, so I'm kind of fumbling at the moment. Trying to come up with ideas I feel is "YouTube worthy", if you catch my drift.
Unread 04-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #8
k_peek_2000
The Watcher On The Walls

There were cosplayers at VidCon last year. I remember seeing lots of people dressed as Shane Dawson's characters and dressed as like internet memes, sexy sax guy, anything really related to videos.
Anime Expo
San Diego Comic-Con
Disney D23
k_peek_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:03 AM   #9
Link584
Lover of Pugs and Zelda!

"Trying to come up with ideas I feel is "YouTube worthy", if you catch my drift."

When working own my own channel, TehMonitor, it took a long time to make content past Lets Plays. I tried to think of things to add that were original, so we made a podcast... which isn't original at all. Then after two years, we thought of new ideas and we had content on our channel already and some followers, so they have been great so far (VG Tales and Gaming Chat). Now we have 3 new ideas to launch next year hopefully (one is all about cosplaying, but I need to find volunteers). It's an always evolving process, so I hope it works out for you! If you ever need help or have any questions or anything video related, just pm me, or contact BusterSenshi on Youtube (he's my best friend). I'm sure you will do just fine!

TehMonitor.com
Unread 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #10
Shirley<3Lulu

Thank you so much, I greatly appreciate it. c:
Unread 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #11
Shirley<3Lulu

Bringing this thread back to life since VidCon is only two weeks away! Who's going? :]
Unread 07-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #12
Link584
Lover of Pugs and Zelda!

Quote:
Bringing this thread back to life since VidCon is only two weeks away! Who's going? :]
Time flies doesn't it! I can't believe it's so close. Only 9 more days! I really hope more people from here are coming!

TehMonitor.com
Unread 07-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #13
Shirley<3Lulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link584 View Post
Time flies doesn't it! I can't believe it's so close. Only 9 more days! I really hope more people from here are coming!
I agree, it'd be fun to see coms cosplayers there. Haha, did you get my message? :]
Unread 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #14
Link584
Lover of Pugs and Zelda!

Quote:
Quote:
I agree, it'd be fun to see coms cosplayers there. Haha, did you get my message? :]
Message? Oh! Now I see it, I shall respond to it right now!

TehMonitor.com