Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
ProjectMatrix

So sad.....i was #9000 as soon as I got in the que right on time. I thought there were like 20,000 of these things. I don't know, should I be freaking out and crying right about now?

Current Cosplay:
Infested Kerrigan (Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm)

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
ProjectMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #32
Fireshark
Craft Foam Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectMatrix View Post
So sad.....i was #9000 as soon as I got in the que right on time. I thought there were like 20,000 of these things. I don't know, should I be freaking out and crying right about now?
Don't cry yet; try again on Saturday!!
People may have already given the advice on how to get them, but this was our method:

3 of us camped (for 3 tickets), spamming f5 (refresh) on the page at about 6:58. Don't change quantity on that screen, just click the button to buy the instant it appears.
Later, after the queue, in the orange box "Change Quantity" on the right just before you confirm purchase in the process, you can change the amount to the ticket # you need.

I hope this helps somebody.

Last edited by Fireshark : 04-24-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #33
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

I GOT MY TICKETS TOOO!!! so exciting!!

general tips... my BF got about 1000 and I got about 2600 in que...

1) have good internet connection-- we have fios at home, if you or one of your friends has it, recruit them to help! also SHUT DOWN ANY PROGRAMS USING THE INTERNETS!! you dont want any slowness!!

2) Use a fast browser! I use google chrome with no crazy addons!!

3) use CTRL-F5 for a complete refresh! normal F5 might not cut it!

4) The image to order will be right where the "not currently available" message is... position your mouse there and DO NOT PICK QUANTITY! do it later!

In other news............... I have no idea what my cosplay will be...... :\ I want something elaborate for the cosplay contest, but I live in NY so it has to be small enough to pack or ship :\ my current thoughts are inflatable baneling or pandaren mage/priest D: but I wont start it until july.
Irarenovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:22 PM   #34
ProjectMatrix

Thanks soooo much for the tips guys! thanks to that, I got my tickets! Myself and my better half will be attending Blizzcon this year! Such a dream come true to meet all of yall (I'm from Texas, saying yall is a habit) ! My heart nearly sunk when I realized I didn't have my credit card on me, so I ran outside in my PJs to get it out of my car! lolz, I must have looked like a crazy person. See yall at the show

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
Pyoska
WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Woot! My husband and I got our tickets, too!!!! Gonna start working on our cosplays soon, prepare to be bombed by pics! Can't wait to see you all there!!!!

Aura Cosplay on Facebook!
Pyoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
Psycho Sukafu
Rhetti~

Well that was disappointing. Got in at 6000 and missed. My counter when up at one point. Sigh~

PS Did anyone have there counter jump up? At one point I was at 3000 or so but then went back up to 4600. Very annoying.

Last edited by Psycho Sukafu : 04-27-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Psycho Sukafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #37
Aerlyn

My husband and I got our tickets today! Can't wait to go. We're going to try for the charity dinner on Thursday night. Anyone else thinking about going?
Aerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
ProjectMatrix

So now that the costume contest rules are up, I'm a little worried about size requirement...no wider than 4 feet, I wonder what that means for my wings D: glad I haven't made them yet but I wonder if I'd be disqualified if I opened them on stage then retracted them before I exited the stage

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #39
Shaylyn

As long as they can naturally fold back down to under 4 feet wide they're allowed!

Vengeful Gladiator's Battlegear (World of Warcraft) - Blizzcon '13
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) - Launch Party March '13
Shaylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #40
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

yeah I was leaning toward baneling when I saw STAIRS ... my heart weeps but I might try it anyway. -.-; as long as I can lift my costume I could do stairs... I was planning on getting into it that way anyway...... but that also means smaller legs.. hmmmmmmm crap
Unread 07-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #41
Aerlyn

I'm concerned about the stairs as well. I know I can manage them with my suit but I would feel way more comfortable with handrails going up. Also, I wonder if they're going to add a rail to the bottom of ramp where it turns so we don't have a repeat of mine craft paladin.

Safety first!
Unread 07-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #42
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

yeah with my moonkin i could see my feet thru the hole in the mouth... with baneling i was going to make the bottom completely open so I could see everything.

just taped out the dimensions on the floor, I think I could do 2ft wide with 1 ft legs and not look stupid >_>

When I saw you could enter the same costume again I was almost tempted to re-do moonkin.. but idk.

that 4ft rule though... I almost hope they change it to 5.. I'm just thinking about the SHOULDERS on the WoW cosplays... making it proportional will already break that rule I think... hope there's no orc cosplay this year! X_x
Unread 07-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #43
ProjectMatrix

Honestly I wish they would just go back to a FLAT stage. Have a flat stage, people come out 3 at a time one stage left, one center, and one stage right, have them cycle through each of the spots to give the cosplayer a chance to calm down so they don't come on and run off stage, gives photographers plenty of chance to take pictures of them and just announce the person in the center. And even the three at a time isn't necessary, just when done right works really well. I feel so bad when I see people struggle with the ramp/stairs and there is nothing they could have done to their costume to help, it's just the nature of the design.

Current Cosplay:

Up Next:
Traveler (Journey)
Unread 07-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #44
Irarenovo
cheesecake!

true. I didnt see the point of having that small ramp to go down right when you came out.. everyone had to watch their step! kind of kills the aura when everyone leans over to look ahead haha. I kind of wish they had better direction too.. I didnt realize I should wave at that final camera :0 i was trying to find the dark cave to go back in lol
Unread 07-27-2013, 01:43 PM   #45
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Heh I made a thread in the "Others" Convention section a while back

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=314689

I got my ticket, my hotel, and Megabus tickets to/from San Francisco to LA for $1 each way!

It'll be my first time there, so I'm really excited! What a way to end my 2013 year of conventions!
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote