Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 07-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
blackspike2710

Body Shapers Under Leotard

Hi guys! First post and first time crossplaying. Looking for a few tips on what type of waist cincher or body shaper works best for the Raven from Teen Titans costume I'm putting together. I'm 5'10" and 135lbs so there is not much to work with but I guess I have a good blank slate.
blackspike2710 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
Ironman7317

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackspike2710 View Post
Hi guys! First post and first time crossplaying. Looking for a few tips on what type of waist cincher or body shaper works best for the Raven from Teen Titans costume I'm putting together. I'm 5'10" and 135lbs so there is not much to work with but I guess I have a good blank slate.
Wow! That's such a great idea, I'll also be crossplaying as Raven. But I don't think you will need any body shaper. In fact you might need extra padding for the hips and breasts.
I don't know if this will help any but at least I tried.
Ironman7317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Kelley
Devil of Details

Padding is really essential. You can use it with a "corset" type garnet, but the padding is even more important. Even with the most amazing corset you'll need padding in the hips/butt.

Since you sound rather thin, you might probably don't need a corset at all. They are very expensive and they are difficult to make. In order to really shape the body you can't buy a cheap one, you're looking at $300+.

If I was you I would start with padding and evaluate after that.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

I actually have some experience with this, as I make all my significant others cosplays, and they most recent one was Morrigan from Darkstalkers. We found the best way to get the hourglass shape under a leotard is by wearing a full body shaper to slim down the waist, then hip pads on top of that, under nude control top pantyhose. Then for her, since her body shaper was black and showed through the nude hose, we layered black tights, and then Morrigan's purple bat tights, then the leotard. For Raven, you could easily buy any type of full body shaper, as her leotard has a lot of coverage, and you wouldn't have to worry about the straps showing. We were more limited, having to go strapless (which I would advise against, it makes your forms sag). Look for one with firm control, and boning in the waist area.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote