Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Props/Accessories/Armor

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
littl3red

Vi Gauntlets

Hello all! I'm going to be working on a Vi cosplay for PAX next year and I need some help with how to create the gauntlets. For anyone who doesn't know Vi from League of Legends, here is a picture:

I've come up with a way to create the gauntlets so that each finger can move individually, allowing for things like a thumbs up, pointing my finger, and, of course, making a fist for punching. The only things I can't quite figure out are materials. This will be the first cosplay I have ever made that didn't involve sewing/stuffing exclusively, so I have no experience building things like this.

For the insides, the material needs to be somewhat strong. I thought about using metal for the joints and wood for the "bones" (so to speak) so that it would be somewhat lighter than using exclusively metal (not to mention easier to work with.)

But the outside decorative part completely baffles me. I thought maybe I could use a compass for the gauge thing, but I have no idea what to use for the body.

I also am not sure what to use for the armor on her legs/shoulders/torso, but I have heard craft foam is light and versatile.
littl3red is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-30-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

I've seen a lot of people make Vi, and it looks like a relatively straightforward project when I have helped friends do it.

The arms can be done with PVC foam (Komatex / Sintra) and using the principles in the Attack on Titan 3DMG, by creating boxes and geometry using super glue and PVC you can create lightweight and rigid structures quickly and easily using nothing more than a box cutter and a ruler.

As for the armor I'd also use PVC foam as I did for Tryndamere.

Lastly our friend Vensy has Vi goggles for sale and if you tell her Johnny & Junkers sent you I'm sure she'd fill the order pretty quick lol. http://www.vensy.net/

GL Happy Cosplay!

http://junkerscosplay.blogspot.com/2...r-christa.html

http://junkerscosplay.blogspot.com/2...nime-2013.html

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
littl3red

Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to get back, while I was waiting for this to post I forgot about it for a while. ._. That cosplay is amazing looking, thanks! The less special tools I need, the better, because I'm a poor college student... That's part of the reason why I'm starting so early, I'll have a whole year's worth of funding.
littl3red is offline   Reply With Quote