Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Otakon

Unread 07-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

bump,

also not sure if anyone has diddy kong racing for the ds but I will probably have my copy me
Friday: Reese (Animal Crossing)
Saturday: Mario(Sisters Rendition)
koharuxoxowuv is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Oh man, I will totally try to make it. Not even for the real games, but you know those new Mii Plaza games they just released? My army is already literally 100 times the size of anyone else I've tagged so far in Warrior's Way, and I look forward to increasing it even further. XD.

...Okay, and also growing pretty flowers in Flower Town. I may be a bloodthirsty megalomaniac, but I like plants too. XD
Unread 07-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #18
onsenmark
ONORE DIKEIDO.

I'll make it if I can; I'll have Animal Crossing, Mario Kart 7, and the new StreetPass games. Maybe a copy of Theatrythm, if I can swing it...

Usual con retinue: Katsucon, Otakon, Nekocon.
onsenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Ooh, Theatrhythm. That was half the reason I got a 3DS, and I haven't touched it for a few months. (Busy with Animal Crossing and the Zero Escape series - and I think it's a good thing Zero Escape doesn't involve multiplayer or it might result in real life murders. XD) At any rate, I generally have Theatrhythm and AC with me, but I seriously suspect I'll just spend the whole con playing Mii Force or something anyway...
Unread 07-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
Duelistbluerose
awww yiss

So..... are those new Mii plaza games worth buying? I wanted to wait and hear good things about them before spending 'real' money. Now Im thinking that maybe I should buy them now so I have them before Otakon since I dont get many street passes outside of a con.

Can you play those new games with only street passes or can you buy soldiers with play coins like with Find Mii?

http://dreadfullydyed.tumblr.com

Duelistbluerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #21
onsenmark
ONORE DIKEIDO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelistbluerose View Post
So..... are those new Mii plaza games worth buying? I wanted to wait and hear good things about them before spending 'real' money. Now Im thinking that maybe I should buy them now so I have them before Otakon since I dont get many street passes outside of a con.

Can you play those new games with only street passes or can you buy soldiers with play coins like with Find Mii?
Are the games worth it?: By and large, YES. Get the bundle, though -- it ends up being "buy three games, get the fourth free".

Are the games like FindMii, in which you can spend coins?: I'm pretty sure they are.

Usual con retinue: Katsucon, Otakon, Nekocon.
onsenmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #22
emmisu
King of Toast

I plan to be there with my sister and our 3Ds's and you guys are gonna help me get SO MANY HATS.

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelistbluerose View Post

I think they're worth it. The only this is that it can take some time to shuffle through all the street passes going through all 6 games(that count including puzzle swap and Find Mii). For example Saturday I went to the LOZ concert in Baltimore and I got a TON of street passes but I decided to only use them with puzzle swap and Warrior's Way because with puzzle swap I could quickly get a puzzle piece and with Warrior's way I could just add everyone else’s army to my own. Everytime I went into Flower Town the guy(I'm so sorry I cannot remember his name) kept talking to me about stuff and it prolonged the process, even though I really wanted to play so I could get my plants watered. All the new games are fun though in my opinion and I would say get em Also it gives you the opportunity to get tickets which you can use to get new hats like an Isabelle hat

I really wish we were allowed more than 10 Miis at a time though ~
Unread 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM   #24
0The0Midget0

I'll swing by! And I'll drag my boyfriend along to as he just got his 3DS so it'll be his first time using street pass.
0The0Midget0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #25
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

Woo~ This is going to be fun. Can't wait to meet everyone
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
NatureMade
Entity of Insanity

Well I just got Animal Crossing, and MAN is it fun. I've actually just finished making my cosplay for my little character, so me and him will be wearing the same thing when we show up xD
Unread 08-01-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Hahah, my girlfriend can't go to Otakon with me this year, but has asked me to take her 3DS so she'll get a million tags and grow her Warrior's Way army. XD (I'm at almost 250,000 now, she's still kind of stuck around 30,000...)

Regarding the new games, they're definitely worth it if you get tags on a regular basis, or don't mind spending (and earning) play coins. All of them do allow you to hire randoms, or to re-hire people you've tagged previously, with play coins, so you can play even if you don't normally get tags. Regarding the time it takes to run through the tags... Flower Town does start out awfully slow with all the explanations and such. But after you've made enough progress, you pretty much just start it up, Mr. Mendel is like "I see you have company!" and then you have the option of processing your tags immediately, or switching out which plant you're working on before doing so. Monster Manor is pretty quick no matter what unless you want to spend some time on it. Warrior's Way is processed quickly unless you've been tagged by a bunch of people who are also playing it and you CHOOSE to fight them rather than greeting them peacefully. Mii Force probably takes the longest, because, well, auto-scrolling shooter in which you get three tries to beat whatever level you choose. Some are longer than others, and some are easier than others, so you might die fast three times, or you might go all the way through the level and die on the boss twice before beating it on the third try and getting a short congratulatory cut scene. That's the one you really will probably want to skip running if you're pressed for time.

And NatureMade, that's awesome. XD Now I'm kind of tempted to try to do likewise... Someday I totally want to cosplay Kapp'n, though, and make up ridiculous songs to sing to congoers as I'm walking around.
Unread 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #28
koharuxoxowuv
Endoshima Don~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMade View Post
Well I just got Animal Crossing, and MAN is it fun. I've actually just finished making my cosplay for my little character, so me and him will be wearing the same thing when we show up xD
Aw man, that is such a cute idea(゜▼゜*) !!! I think I will try to make a cosplay for my character too!
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #29
Duelistbluerose
awww yiss

Andrea, that's a lot of good advice about the new games so thank you ^_^ It'll best suit my interests to just buy one and Warrior's Way seems up my alley. That way at Otakon, or any con, I am playing with Miis through 3 games instead of 6 (if you count the puzzles and Find Mii)

Also, does it make sense to maybe bring a makeshift sign that says "3DS meetup" and leave it at the location? I'm thinking that people will be popping in and out at different times and you can just leave the sign there all day. I dont think the hotel staff will mess with it cause they'll be busy with other things

http://dreadfullydyed.tumblr.com

Duelistbluerose is offline   Reply With Quote