Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 381 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #16381
Sokmunki
Snow Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAngie View Post
Hi I am currently working on my chorme dukuro cosplay,but i have to improvise on her jacket..><' I think I know how acutally,well wish me luck c:
Good luck!!!!!!! Chrome is such an awesome character

Complete:

Tintin
Belphagor from KHR
11th Doctor
Jack Frost
Sherlock (BBC)
Sokmunki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #16382
MissLunatic
Someone

@MissAngie:
Sorry I read this but had not much time to post before -.-.
I wish you as much luck as a I can. Happy to hear that you finally work at this cosplay and that Reborn! seems not to become extinct. I'm very much looking forward to your Chrome cosplay.^^

@all:
I don't really like to advertise, so plz don't get me wrong: I just want to state that I somehow ended up with a huge Reborn! upload here on this site and somehow it looks as if I'm still more often thinking about cosplaying Gokudera than even originally planned o.O''.
Favourite character still afterall... ^^''...
Just wore two new versions last weekend at AnimagiC and at the con before another and I still fancy to cosplay the casual version of the TYL colore artwork this year maybe ^^''....

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Ling Yao (Gluttony's Belly) (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #16383
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Oh gosh I seriously need to start working on my Chrome cosplay again.

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/457942/
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]
Fem!Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Military Akira [Togainu no Chi]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #16384
MissLunatic
Someone

@Noize:
Then I'm looking forward to see the finished cos .
Really like your eyepatch so far and your reason xD. Sometimes a short sentence can tell everything^^.

Besides I'm kinda flashed today ^^'' possibly just cause I actually should do other stuff ... but somehow I ended up rewatching some of my favourite scenes (e.g. Yamamoto's and Gokudera's first battle against Gamma and the one when Tsuna arrives in the future). And I somehow feel really like cosplaying Gokudera TYL right now ^^''.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)

Last edited by MissLunatic : 10-04-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Unread 10-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #16385
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

@MissLunatic: The TYL versions of the characters are some of my favorites. Those are the looks I wanna do for several of the characters like Gokudera and my friend for Lambo. Dino is still one I could pull off at his regular age, so it wouldn't matter with him. I really need to buckle down and make the rest of the stuff for the characters so my friend and I can do some real good KHR cosplay.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #16386
MissLunatic
Someone

@Mehdia: Yes, I remember . Still looking forward to your cosplay(s)^^. I like them quite a lot as well cause it is a very different feeling that goes with them. Although you can cosplay the same character, he/she's kinda different as a grown up.
So you are thinking about age and looks as well? Regarding this I sometimes wonder if I'm not actually too old to cosplay one of the young ones. But it's just too much fun as well ^^''. And somehow I think Dino still suits me less than young Gokudera. But possibly that's just a personality reason.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #16387
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I don't know if my age really is a factor because I'm constantly told I look much younger than I am (recently my mom was showing some pictures to people she works with and they guessed my age from between 18 and 25 when I'm actually 30). I think I just really like how they all look grown up and a little more serious...and I'm a sucker for a hot guy in a good suit, so maybe that's what drew me to the TYL versions^^ That and I just wanna look like a badass...
Unread 10-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #16388
MissLunatic
Someone

Oh, Ok. That's a good, healthy reason to my mind.^^ And yes, they are more awesome as grown-ups of course. I also like that there is quite some freedom to interpret their characters in the future.
But I also like the imperfection of the youngsters. (Somehow I have a soft spot for characters with flaws^^.) Their mistakes and the hints which are sometimes shown of the person they might become in the future.

(And sorry, maybe I shouldn't have brought up the topic of age ^^''. Although I believe at once that most ppl think that you are younger. I just wondered once and took a look at your blog or what it was... just cause I'm used to ppl who look younger than their actual age.
Besides I just turned 28 last month and well... I think most ppl don't guess that either. Guess I can still easily go for early twenties.)

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 10-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #16389
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLunatic View Post
@Noize:
Then I'm looking forward to see the finished cos .
Really like your eyepatch so far and your reason xD. Sometimes a short sentence can tell everything^^.

Besides I'm kinda flashed today ^^'' possibly just cause I actually should do other stuff ... but somehow I ended up rewatching some of my favourite scenes (e.g. Yamamoto's and Gokudera's first battle against Gamma and the one when Tsuna arrives in the future). And I somehow feel really like cosplaying Gokudera TYL right now ^^''.
Thank you! Oh and even more good news, I went down to my storage and found nearly 3 yards of green fabric! Finally I can make my costume. I guess I will be starting with the skirt. I also will need to find a decent wig.
Guo Jia [Dynasty Warrior 8]
Fem!Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Military Akira [Togainu no Chi]

Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2013, 04:26 AM   #16390
MissLunatic
Someone

Very cool I'm looking forward to the outcome!

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:26 PM   #16391
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Been a while since I've stopped by the thread, but I finally have something to share again! I've started my Reborn costume and so far have the shirt finished except for the buttonholes and buttons. Once all my suit fabric gets here I can get started on it and hopefully finish it by the end of next week so I can wear it at a one day convention here.
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #16392
ginacrash

Wow that looks great!!
ginacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #16393
ginacrash

I wish reborn would come back on the air the fandom is being way too quiet!!
ginacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 04:29 AM   #16394
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Been a while since I've stopped by the thread, but I finally have something to share again! I've started my Reborn costume and so far have the shirt finished except for the buttonholes and buttons. Once all my suit fabric gets here I can get started on it and hopefully finish it by the end of next week so I can wear it at a one day convention here.
Wow! That's good news. The thread had become awfully quiet.
You are really sewing it yourself? Looks very neat (just as bought actually o.O) up till now! Looking forward to see your selfmade suit as well.

Besides I could show something as well... I'm quite behind with uploading here cause I still have to edit pictures taken last August -.-''' and set myself the condition not to upload anything anywhere else before I'm finished with last years photos.
But... I finally cosplayed the TYL Colore Artwork version of Gokudera in December at a birthday of a friend. The pics aren't the very greatest, but I already love the costume a lot:
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/cosp...er_3_0/452809/
It was fun to do batik on the shirt and to dirty up the jeans xD.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #16395
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLunatic View Post
Wow! That's good news. The thread had become awfully quiet.
You are really sewing it yourself? Looks very neat (just as bought actually o.O) up till now! Looking forward to see your selfmade suit as well.

Besides I could show something as well... I'm quite behind with uploading here cause I still have to edit pictures taken last August -.-''' and set myself the condition not to upload anything anywhere else before I'm finished with last years photos.
But... I finally cosplayed the TYL Colore Artwork version of Gokudera in December at a birthday of a friend. The pics aren't the very greatest, but I already love the costume a lot:
http://animexx.onlinewelten.com/cosp...er_3_0/452809/
It was fun to do batik on the shirt and to dirty up the jeans xD.
Yeah, I decided that finding a shirt in the right color was too much of a hassle, so I made my shirt and because I'm a woman, fitting a store bought man's suit would be a pain, so I'm going to make my own based off mens patterns. I hope it turns out like I'm seeing it in my head. My fabric needs to get here so I can hopefully get at least the pants and jacket made by Saturday. If not, Reborn will just make his debut at a con in June. I also plan to use the suit for Gokudera and Dino just by changing the shirt, wig, and accessories. I love that it will be multitaskable. I'm also going to make a suit for my friend for her Lambo and Tsuna costumes.

And I LOVE your Gokudera. Every version of him you've done is awesome, and the new one is no different. You really pull off his character well. I can't wait to see more pictures.