Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #16
TrotFox

I just did this very outfit for Akon 19. With much help from friends my wife and I assembled a rough outfit in 3 days that many people recognized with screams of, "IT'S DAVID BOWIE!!!"

The big question is, has anyone seen a photo of it? I can't find any yet and it's killing me that I didn't take any of my own. I have a friend who took several but he hasn't gotten them off his camera yet.

Oh yeah, learn to contact juggle. That's a big help. } ; ]

Trot, the questionably fashionable, fox...
TrotFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2008, 04:17 AM   #17
libragoddess04

Thanks to everyone!

I found this post online when I went about researching how to create my own Jareth costume, and I thought I'd come back after it was complete to tell everyone thanks for the suggestions and tips! I hope you enjoy it (see attachment) and I'd love to see how some more of your Jareth costumes turned out, if more are willing to share them! I'm going to be doing a real photoshoot soon so I might be back with much better pics. This was just to demonstrate the costume. :P
-Desiree
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jarethcostume.jpg (120.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg jarethcostume2edit.jpg (102.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by libragoddess04 : 07-13-2008 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Added attachment
libragoddess04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #18
feefie

That looks great!! One thing though...

Whar crotch bulge?
feefie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #19
feefie

Blah double post ._.
Unread 07-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #20
libragoddess04

Quote:
Originally Posted by feefie View Post
That looks great!! One thing though...

Whar crotch bulge?
Haha, you know i actually went to an adult toy store and bought a plastic penis to throw in my pants so it looked really... *cough* explicit. Haha, like ALL parts exposed.. ridge and everything.. but I chickened out in these pics. Maye I'll throw it in my pants for the real upcoming photoshoot...
libragoddess04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2008, 10:12 PM   #21
feefie

Well all you really gotta do is get a ball of socks in there, no need for actual anatomy I think... it's just, sadly, one of the first things I noticed about his costume in the movie XD
Unread 07-15-2008, 08:05 AM   #22
Lucifer

When I cosplayed Jareth, I knew very well (being female), I lacked in that general region. I instead made a pouch out of stetch cotton. Stuffed it with basic stuffing and pinned it to my stockings (which I tend to wear under any tight pants). It gave the illusion of being well endowed but not so obsene that it'd distract from the entire costume.

I don't bite. Ok, that's a lie. I totally bite.
Lucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2008, 08:54 AM   #23
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
When I cosplayed Jareth, I knew very well (being female), I lacked in that general region. I instead made a pouch out of stetch cotton. Stuffed it with basic stuffing and pinned it to my stockings (which I tend to wear under any tight pants). It gave the illusion of being well endowed but not so obsene that it'd distract from the entire costume.
I'm planning a Jareth costume for early next year. Thats for the tips. Particurally for the crotch area. As I'm female I wasn't sure how best to go about it but needed something. I'm doing his entrence costume with the high collar and armour.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #24
11thDoctorsLady

*hopes grave digging isn't a crime on here*

For anyone who runs across this, like I did, looking for info on how to make this Amazing character/man I had to add this: As for the 'bulge' The best way to do this is to go to a FTM site (female to male transgender) and buy a 'packer' or the like. It looks JUST like the real thing and feels similar that way the bulge has the right amount of give as you walk and doesn't seem 'fake' or obscene. I hope that helps!
11thDoctorsLady is offline   Reply With Quote