Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > TV/Movie/Musical (live action)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #91
DragonKeeper
Sexta Espada No.6

Well better late to this party than never. I noticed towards the beginning of this thread about people looking for Sherlock's coat. Well the other night I was browsing ebay and I came upon a seller that sells his coat. It looks pretty legit, but I haven't sat and did an indepth comparison between that and the original from the show. Nonetheless, here it is http://www.ebay.com/itm/BBC-Sherlock...item3f26a4be9b

I hope to cosplay Sherlock in the near future, just in California (northern spefically) it's currently way too freaking hot to cosplay wool on top of a jacket on top of a shirt with a scarf if you know what I mean. I need a John in my life lol. I'd feel naked cosplaying Sherlock without a John, in or out of cosplay. xD
DragonKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #92
imurvillain
Alex

Are there any meet-ups for Sherlock at Dragon*Con 2013? I know saw pics from one last year and wondered if anything was taking place at the con this month.
imurvillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #93
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

Just dropping in with an update. I went to the Bay Area Sherlock Con as Kitty and had a blast. I took a lot of photos, but only have a few of myself. I'm the Kitty on the left, and I did not take this picture, but instead this person did.

I'm considering different shoes for the future. I've worn black flats for her nearly every time, but they make my legs look much shorter and more muscly than I'd like them to. Should I go with something like short heels that are still modest and comfortable?

Also, does anyone have a color recommendation? I'm getting a new wig for Kitty, one with a part, since I'm doing her seriously (and it's kinda crazy that I am) and I'm hoping to buy from Arda. I want red-orange-brownish but nothing too colorful or extreme.

2013: Dean Winchester/Castiel/Sherlock/Kitty Riley/Rainbow Dash/Spike/Timmy Turner/Canada/Fai/Kraehe

My Cosplays +++ My Cosplay DeviantArt +++ My Art DeviantArt +++ My Marketplace Ads
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #94
Sokmunki
Snow Guardian

I'm working on a Sherlock Cosplay!! I have the jacket, and I'm adding the stripes to the scarf... I have the pants and the shirt and the shoes, aaaaand my natural hair is actually exactly like his

Complete:

Tintin
Belphagor from KHR
11th Doctor
Jack Frost
Sherlock (BBC)
Sokmunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #95
Kelley
Devil of Details

I've accidentally started to put together a Watson costume, but unfortunately I don't know if anything will ever come of it since no one is so far willing to be convinced to be Sherlock ("between all of us we basically have everything for a possibly-slightly-above-mediocre closet cosplay - you'd just need the scarf and wig" - but nope so far). I managed to not pick a recognisable costume of his, too, so pretty much not sure why I did this except I just really wanted that jacket anyway.

I'm so impressed with people making some of the less "iconic" costumes recognisable and interesting variants that work really well ! A bit of every aspect of the process really has to come together for something that's regular clothes to be recognisable and I'm not sure I've got what it takes to pull that off, but o well I really like this jacket.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #96
thee_starry_one

John Watson jacket?

Hi folks!

So I'm on the hunt for a good quality John jacket - not for cosplay but just for casual every day wear! Does anyone know if the one at hellocosplay is any good? Or would you recommend the ones on ebay? Or does anyone know someone that would make it on commission?

It needs to be durable and look the part, on a budget of £100 or under ideally. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
thee_starry_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:24 PM   #97
Kelley
Devil of Details

I saw your post a while ago, but the problem is if you want something wearable and not "costume-y" I don't know if you'll find it with that budget. You could MAKE one for that much, most likely - but it's a lot of work, a lot of hours because of all the detail - thus why a good replica is going to cost a bit.

If it's not for a costume that budget could likely get you a "somewhat similar" jacket - in the same general style and wearable as clothing, but not just like the one on the show. The actual jacket was ridiculously $700-ish dollars (I say that due to character's income level) - a that point I can't say a clothing quality replica would save much unless you made it yourself.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #98
RynaWren
Hi

My and my friends are doing a group for Sherlock. Me as Molly, and some of my friends as Sherlock, John, Irene and Moriarty. Can't come soon enough!
Molly Hooper - BBC Sherlock
RynaWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #99
MatoMiku
Deducing Detective

Heyoo Guys! It's been really nice looking at your cosplays! They're all really good

I'm planning to cosplay my favourite versions of Sherlock for different occasions (and one just for fun). I'm planning to cosplay Normal Sherlock (Coat, Scarf, etc), Reichenbach Sherlock for Halloween and finally the Restaurant Sherlock (TEH)

Anyone got any tips for how to do the blood on the face? That's the thing I'm going to have the most problems with :/ Oh- and my coat as well since I'm wanting to find one that is durable enough so you can actually wear it during Winter every now and then (since Winter is coming soon here in Australia)...

Sherlock Holmes (BBC)
Delsin Rowe (inFAMOUS: Second Son)

CONVENTIONS

Anime at Abbotsford BBQ
EB Expo (Saturday- Delsin Rowe)
Anime At Abbotsford BBQ
MatoMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #100
diceguy
Sherlocked 5ever

I'm going to rock the upturned coat collar this Sakura Con. Might do Waiter-Lock in case the coat proves to be too hot at the con!

At home, I wear a blue and black striped sweater close to the one John Watson wears in A Scandal in Belgravia at breakfast in 221B.

Attending Sakura-Con 2014 as BBC Sherlock, SPN Castiel and maybe the Tenth Doctor.
diceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2014, 10:39 PM   #101
rorschack

I will be going to Zenkaicon this week, and I had a purely academic question. Does anyone know what jacket John is wearing in episode one before he meets Sherlock? It's the grey one with shoulder straps and patch pockets. He's got it on when he's in the park having coffee with his friend on the bench.

Any help is appreciated because the black shooter's jacket is all that I can find reference to.
rorschack is offline   Reply With Quote