Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Italolita

cosplay007's ebay store, worth buying from?

I'm thinking of getting a dress from cosplay007's store on ebay and was just wondering if anyone has bought from them before and how good the quality was. They have pretty good feedback but the dresses (at least the ones I'm looking at) are a bit expensive so I wanna make I sure I get my moneys worth especially since I'm considering getting one for my senior prom which the theme is Victorian ball
Italolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-19-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
celticfreefall

No. Your first tip is that they have cosplay in the name. All of their photos are stolen stock pictures of brand (from other true lolita companies) or even other e-bay stores, and in reality they make cheap, cosplay (shit) quality replicas of the dresses pictured. A high rating means nothing on e-bay, how do you know if any of those buyers know if they're receiving a quality dress when they don't even know how to distinguish real brand from obviously stolen stock photos? Pro-tip for buying lolita: E-bay is a worthless resource unless you're buying shoes or second hand brand dresses for lolita. Actually, in terms of lolita, their prices are ridiculously inexpensive. But even for that price, you could get a certified in quality lolita dress from any number of reputable sources.

From another thread because I'm lazy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticfreefall View Post
Blasphemina's Closet
La Dauphine
Sweet Rococo
Fan Plus Friend(though shop with an eye open as not everything labeled lolita is appropriate)

E-bay and any other auction site, unless you're buying second hand brand clothing, are generally worthless and a terrible place to shop. Lots of sellers who use stolen brand photos or are just plain hawking sub-quality and unacceptable items at ridiculous markups. The basic rule is that if it doesn't cater specifically to lolita, it's probably not going to have what you're looking for in terms of a skirt, OP (one piece, or dress with sleeves), or JSK (jumperskirt, dress with straps). You can buy everything else off brand, blouse, head decoration, shoes, but your base piece being your dress is generally going to need to come from either a lolita brand, lolita domestic brand, or quality seamstress.

Last edited by celticfreefall : 03-19-2009 at 01:06 AM.
celticfreefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #3
Lucrezea

One quick search on the forums yielded these results:

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...ght=cosplay007
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...#post 2454176
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.ph...#post 2262537

Followed by a search of the EGL LJ:

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0038155...8&q=cosplay007

Really, it was quite easy to search and find information about this business. To tell the truth, you'll get far more information searching around online than relying on people to answer in a cosplay forum. Contrary to my statement, relying on people to answer on a cosplay forum just got you all these links, so I suppose it worked, no?

Judging by what I've read (and I haven't even looked at their product); I doubt it would prove worth it to purchase from them, especially with a business name like "cosplay007" .
Unread 10-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
NamelessLove

Actually, depending on the outfit, I think you'll do okay.
Because I can't sew, I do buy my lolita clothing from Ebay and Cosplay007 is my favorite of most favorites. I've purchased several dresses from her and all have been of great quality and I've never had problems with the sizes.
You may also want to send her a few messages, asking about how many pieces a dress or outfit is. She is very honest and will tell you. Also, she will let you know about patterns she can do and cannot.

You may also want to keep in mind if you purchase from this ebay store, that the pictures shown are not her own work, but the results come pretty dang close!!

Although I know this thread was made a while ago and you've probably moved on since then, I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who might want to take a chance on this ebayer!
NamelessLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #5
nyunyuelf

I'm gonna buy a dress from her and find out. I don't care if it's a reputable lolita-brand seller because I'm bigger than what "lolita stores" like Sweet Rococo and Angelic Pretty cater too. What about REAL woman with REAL sizes? I have two kids and a "mother's pouch" to contend with so I'm gonna go with someone who can custom size for me...however, if anyone knows of a reputable "lolita" seller that can do custom sizes, please let me know. I know Lolita is a lifestyle for some and props to those people. Some of us want to have fun, be it just one day a year, and that's me. Love yer faces
nyunyuelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #6
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Way to go reviving a mega dead thread.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
Celcia
Revolutionary Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyunyuelf View Post
I'm gonna buy a dress from her and find out. I don't care if it's a reputable lolita-brand seller because I'm bigger than what "lolita stores" like Sweet Rococo and Angelic Pretty cater too. What about REAL woman with REAL sizes? I have two kids and a "mother's pouch" to contend with so I'm gonna go with someone who can custom size for me...however, if anyone knows of a reputable "lolita" seller that can do custom sizes, please let me know. I know Lolita is a lifestyle for some and props to those people. Some of us want to have fun, be it just one day a year, and that's me. Love yer faces
Body shaming other women and a necro in the same thread--two for one! Get a *#%$ing grip.

If you're concerned about finding lolita clothing that caters to larger sizes, there's always Bodyline and Taobao.

deviantArt account

Last edited by Celcia : 05-31-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Celcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2013, 04:55 AM   #8
Nonoe
Peridot in the rough

Nyunyuelf--Without bringing up sizes, I'd just like to give some support for cosplay007 ebay store. I have also bought many lolita style dresses from her, and they are made cheaper than other stores I have seen with the same styles, even those that were later sold at con. They are custom made for you, though the quality is not always the most durable, if you just wear the dress once a year or so, for that special occasion, it's more than suitable. I hope you enjoy whatever dress you decide upon.
Planned costumes:
-Robo-Ky<red/white coloration> (guilty gear) -Agnes Oblige <white mage> (bravely default) -Super Bass (Megaman) -Princess Hilda (Zelda) -Ahriman (ffxiv)

Lineup: ALA 14- Anime Conji 14- AX 14-
Nonoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
nyunyuelf

I really don't care if it's a dead thread, the interest was relevant to me/for me, so I responded. As for body shaming, I agree, I didn't word it quite the best way, and for that, I'm sorry. I didn't intend to body shame anyone. Also, I love the dress I got from cosplay007's store..I didn't quite like the lace they used on the sleeves (as compared to the rest of the dress), per say, but you get what you pay for. As for Bodyline, I'm a bit of an awkward size for them, so they don't fit me, either, but I must say, they have nice shoes
nyunyuelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #10
Touya no miko
TnM

If you want to go for better quality custom-made Lolita, I'd recommend Fanplusfriend. While a lot of their dresses wouldn't really classify as lolita, they do use their own stock photos and they have decent quality. Give them a shot if you're just looking for a dress to wear for fun.

Seras Victoria-Blood version
Mulan
Touya no miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #11
AJisEverywhere
Musical Assassin

Old thread is old, but I've bought one dress from Cosplay007 and honestly wasn't impressed. Material was thin and cut/shape was awkward... Looks nice on a hanger, but I don't think I'll order from her again. :/

For comparison, my Milanoo dress was fantastic... not to open an even bigger can of worms... >_<
AJisEverywhere is offline   Reply With Quote