Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
Sailor Moon
Sinful Innocence

She-Venom ... recognizable?

So next year I'm thinking about making She-Venom (aka The Bride of Venom) and I was wondering if people would actually know who I am, or do you think people would just assume I'm doing a genderbend of Venom?

I know Venom is a well known character, but I have no idea how well known She-Venom is. Thoughts?

Upcoming Conventions

A-kon
Friday: Manga Sailor Moon Saturday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Sunday: Pink Fujiko (Lupin III)

AnimeFEST
Friday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Saturday: Manga Sailor Moon
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

Dallas Comic-con Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sailor Moon is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
PrinceRobotIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
So next year I'm thinking about making She-Venom (aka The Bride of Venom) and I was wondering if people would actually know who I am, or do you think people would just assume I'm doing a genderbend of Venom?

I know Venom is a well known character, but I have no idea how well known She-Venom is. Thoughts?
Well I didn't know she was a character until reading your post haha. I'm fairly new to comics though only been reading the last five years. I think there would probably be an abundance of people mistaking you for a genderbend Venom, but I'm sure there would be those few who would recognize you and it would make those moments just that more awesome. I cosplay as Prince Robot IV from Saga and while some what popular it's still not really mainstream so I've been mistaken for characters from the anime Fooly Cooly or have had people have no clue who I am, but enjoy the look of the costume anyway. Then of course when you do get recognized for who you actually are it makes each experience special and the people who recognize you actually appreciate your costume that much more because it isn't often seen.
PrinceRobotIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #3
Sailor Moon
Sinful Innocence

That's a very good point =) Thanks for your input! I just wanted to get some sort of idea on what to expect, haha.

Upcoming Conventions

A-kon
Friday: Manga Sailor Moon Saturday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Sunday: Pink Fujiko (Lupin III)

AnimeFEST
Friday: Eva (Record of Agarest War 2) Saturday: Manga Sailor Moon
Sunday: Nico Robin (One Piece) Monday: Original Design Moon Dress

Dallas Comic-con Fan Days
Friday: Engineer (Star Trek) Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

+2 (maybe 3) more later this year
Sailor Moon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
BDWentz80

I went to comic-con Chicago this past weekend as Officer Parker from the Earth-X series. I had a lot of people say "Oh, I didn't know spider-man had ever been a cop" BUT the people who did know the reference and recognize the character loved it. So yeah, people will mistake or make assumptions, but those who recognize it will do so instantly, and that'll be a nice pay off.
BDWentz80 is offline   Reply With Quote