Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 08-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
ladykaoswolfe

Meow! ^.^

Hey ya'll, new girl from Arizona, checking in.

I've been browsing this site for a good long while now, just never bothered to join. I didn't think I had the time for cosplay anymore. (I'm a Marine, so I don't get a lot of free time). I've always been big into theatre productions years ago in school, and I grew up at a Renn Faire so costume making was nothing new to me. (Although then it was more of historically accurate vs. can I make that piece of armor look like's its floating or glowing... hmmm...).

I've done a bunch of quickie cosplays, but that's because I wasn't in an area with access to any cons. I did a rave-style cheshire cat a few years back. And I do a lot of personal characters (a half dark elf assassin, queen of spades for an ABC party, and a mafia enforcer).

I'm looking to get into the more serious character recreation rather than personal characters. It's been an experience, I'll tell you. Hopefully I'll fit in alright here, and hoping to find some cons that I can actually get to to show off my new costumes I'm planning.