Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 08-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Zp33dfir3

just want to know...

hello to everyone!

you may found this awkward but this is the first time i ever registered to a cosplay forum. i'll start by saying that i too like anime but as time goes by i'm starting to lose interest on it and i never did cosplay. pls do not take this thread as a joke or an insult, that's not why i'm here.
i only want to make a simple question for a simple answer.
i understand there are out there many anime fans and probably some of you won't like or will feel uneasy for what i'm about to ask but again i'm not here to insult. i'm just curious.
and what i want to know is, why the fascination about making cosplay?

another thing, pls do not think of me as a psychiatre -.-
Zp33dfir3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Zp33dfir3

i see i may have started with the wrong foot... and i'll take the silence has a no answer.

no problem i'm just here to understand and see what's about cosplay, cuz who knows maybe i'll like it and start doing
Unread 08-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
Zp33dfir3

Here's a little introduction about me... Well like i said i've watched some animes and in my point of view they were quite interesting. I never did cosplay cuz i was never encourage to and i never found a character which i could identify myself. In few words i'm the noob of the newbest xDD

Anyway i still find interesting and sometimes i get really amazed by the way some cosplayers dress themselves, it's really awesome. Besides that i love RPG and MMORPG games like lineage2, blade&soul, finalfantasy, MHFU, asura's wrath and dark souls. I would like to try out more games but i'm having hard time to play my own and sometimes i don't have time at all.

Well besides this i don't know what to say more. I hope i caught the attention of some of you.

Waiting for a reply :P
Unread 08-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zp33dfir3 View Post
i see i may have started with the wrong foot... and i'll take the silence has a no answer.

no problem i'm just here to understand and see what's about cosplay, cuz who knows maybe i'll like it and start doing

Oh Oo! I'll write something here. It takes a while for people to see forums, but I'll gladly be first.

Ok so the reason y I wanted to start cosplaying is because I watched many videos of other people cosplaying and I thought to myself "Hey I want to do that too" And since it was a lot of Hetalia cosplay, I wanted to cosplay Hetalia. I still haven't found a group in my area, but I am in three global, Skype ones with people in other states. And I guess playing as someone ur not or someone different is really fun. And that is wut its more about. Having fun!

Did that help with ur question. Any other question, just ask and someone will answer sooner or later
Blackrose71398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Zp33dfir3

Yes it did help and thank you

If you don't mind me asking, what does hetalia mean? I'm completly new on this...
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:19 AM   #6
CarrotEater

What I enjoy about cosplay is the technical process of rendering a 2D image into a 3D one. I find the technical side of making the clothes, wigs, makeup, etc interesting. I would say I enjoy the process of cosplaying a character more than I enjoy the series they're from usually...plus I like looking like a completely different person to the point which not even family recognises me.

Hetalia is an anime in which each character represents a country (Germany, America, Italy, etc). Each characters personality is based on the the county's stereotypes, for example, America arrogant and thinks he's the best. It's really funny!
CarrotEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
Zp33dfir3

I never thought hetalia could be that. I'm starting to notice that cosplay is more than just getting fancy dresses and make-ups. I've no idea what kind of stereotype is my country... lol.

Anyway can anyone tell me what happens during the events of cosplay? I see a lot of people taking pictures but is it all that? If anyone can tell me i would appreciate it =)
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #8
Blackrose71398

Ya wut she said. Its funny and u either love or hate it. Which I love it!!!
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
Zp33dfir3

i see but still i'm not confindent enough to turn myself into someone who i'm not. I admit in my country when there's the carnival i buy sometimes a wig or paint my face but that's only it. I see cosplay is much deeper than that and i don't have the tools neither the imagination still i love to see others dressing themselves.... Damn some of the cosplayers i saw have really taste of what they do
Unread 08-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Zp33dfir3

lol my post from before is kinda messy i didn't sleep well
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #11
Blackrose71398

Ya it can be a little uninspiring to cosplay a whole different person, but later on u get used to it and it is actually fun. Especially if u got others to cosplay with. So don't be afraid to try it. U might like it!