Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 08-14-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Smile New and ready to work.

Hey there

I am new to the cosplaying scene and I would love to Be a part of it. If you have any tips suggestions links or helpful things or just wanna say hey drop me a line. Lets introduce ourselves shall we

I am 6 ft 4 in blue eyes brown hair and average build. I am 21 love anime, cosplay, role playing and I am almost finished with school to become a chef. Cosplaying is something else I would like to do because it seems like a super cool way to express myself and become more confident.

Nice to meet you and you are?
Takinam is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #2
Blackrose71398

Hello back. Welcome to coscom. My name is Jess and I too just started cosplaying. It looks so fun, I wanted to try it out myself.

I too love anime, cosplaying, I just started RP and funny I am almost done with my degree in Culinary arts as well. I am currently cosplaying Hetalia, which I love. And I am starting a Hetalia group online.

I have a question for u: who do u want to cosplay as?
Blackrose71398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Well I would like to cos play some league of legends characters to start I honestly just need to look around more and get my feet wet with more ideas. If you have seen twisted fate, Shen, tryndamere they all have a look I enjoy. I should watch hetalia I hear its good.

What are going for with your culinary arts degree
Hey there. My names takinam and my goal is to create full cos play costumes from scratch. If you have a tutorial or know something about how to fabricate said items its always appreciated for you to tell me. I'm quite friendly so if you just feel like talk'n that's fine to
Unread 08-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
TheTrueInuzuka
Inuzuka Cosplay Head

Welcome to the forums! The name's Kiba. If you ever want any displaying tips for just starting out, feel free to ask!

"It's not the body that matters or the costume you make, it's the confidence you show."
TheTrueInuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Blackrose71398

I am getting my bakers degree to work in a bakery.
Unread 08-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Awesome blackrose. I plan to get my general degree to become a chef and I plan to hopefully do catering, a food truck, and perhaps some fine dinning. I would consider setting up and running a restaurant but you gotta have money for that to start.

I am very interested in creating my own costumes from scratch but the problem with that it seems is that for the down to the core basics that I need to learn its more of an artists question than a cos player. But if i can find one who knows that would be fantastic.

The areas I hope to learn and grown in(you can always learn more of course)are: Wood working, clay working, Light metal working, How to paint and how to detail, make-up, styling, fabrication, design

Its a lot to work on but I have a drive that is never sated until I find what I am looking for =3
Hey there. My names takinam and my goal is to create full cos play costumes from scratch. If you have a tutorial or know something about how to fabricate said items its always appreciated for you to tell me. I'm quite friendly so if you just feel like talk'n that's fine to
Unread 08-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Blackrose71398

Oh cool. thats awesome. I wish u good luck on that!

Oh about makin ur costumes, I believe there is a forum on here called commissions for hire. They make costumes. Maybe u can get advice from them.

Oh those r pretty cool things to learn. And maybe u can sell some of ur stuff because cosplaying isn't cheap and it would really help.

I wish u luck and good for u for not giving up
Unread 08-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Well thank you. You know actually like you said about selling your stuff online. That idea had just dawned on me just today and your right. If I can get the tools ready and make it all I can sell it.

So do you plan on cosplaying some hetalia then I assume? Do you plan to just straight up buy stuff to cosplay in?
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #9
Blackrose71398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takinam View Post
Well thank you. You know actually like you said about selling your stuff online. That idea had just dawned on me just today and your right. If I can get the tools ready and make it all I can sell it.

So do you plan on cosplaying some hetalia then I assume? Do you plan to just straight up buy stuff to cosplay in?
Ya, pretty much. One should be getting here any time soon. But hey it was only 140 for both costumes complete with everything. so I guess its worth it.

So do u plan on making ur costumes? And so which ones?
Unread 08-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #10
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Yeah that's not bad because you now have two separate things to cos play as that you really enjoy I plan to make my costumes from scratch as much as possible because I find it the most interesting. I plan to cos play as

First up is Flynn rider from the Disney movie tangled http://images5.fanpop.com/image/phot...-1920-1200.jpg

Second I hope is kamina from gurren laggen http://beneaththetangles.files.wordp.../03/kamina.jpg

And I'm sure ill think of some. More that are good to hone my skills

My dream cos play ATM is daemon blade tryndamere from league of legends http://beneaththetangles.files.wordp.../03/kamina.jpg

It will take some much time and effort to make O.O. It's been great to talk to you. I hope to talk some more in the future for sure (not that this convo has to end)

So my question for you is...what's your dream cos play
Unread 08-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #11
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Sorry this is the picture for demon blade tryndamere http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...nbladeSkin.jpg
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #12
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

My cos plays

That's great and I'm glad you got 2 for that price which always means more to cos play over more time which is nice. I plan to make all mine from scratch as much as possible.

I wanted to link pictures but it didn't let me last time.

ATM I'm working on Flynn rider from tangled the thief

Next up is kamina from gurren laggen

And my dream cosplay is demon tryndamere from league of legends

What's your dream cosplay
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:47 PM   #13
NameMeansAll

Hello nice to meet you.

I see you are want to be a Chef? That's wonderful. Cooking is a good way to show your talents or your creations. Also for the love of food I think. Good luck with that. Nice to have you here as well. Being confident and expressing yourself though Cosplay is awesome as I am doing that as well in my Cosplay. As your likes I must say I like Anime and Role Playing too.

I'm Jess Though I know there Probably a lot of Jessica's on here so call me Name if you like. Hope to see you around, Have a wonderful rest of today. :3
NameMeansAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
Takinam
I wanna be the very best

Well thank you very much for your post Jess. I love role playing and anime so I bet we will get along and everyone has to eat . So tell me Jess who do you cos play, who would you like to cosplay, and what is your dream cosplay
Unread 08-30-2013, 04:22 PM   #15
Blackrose71398

Hey! ya sorry i haven't replayed. Been a bit busy. Oh those r really cool dream cosplay. uh i don't have a dream cosplay, but if I could i would play Raven from teen titans.

So ya. its been a while, so how far has ur cosplaying journey taken ye? I felt like talkin like a pirate, sorry!