Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1151 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #12751
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Aurora- thank you, I got my customs charge letter through the mail today for my wings, and paid them off. They're gonna be delivered on Tuesday, I'm now totally broke as I had to pay the same amount of custom fees, as the shipping cost me! Ah well, I have a yet another new therapist on Tuesday that I'm meeting, so my wings turning up will give me something positive to think about.

Unread 08-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #12752
kitty17794
the Disney Princess

Quick question! Do any of you have suggestions for a Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday pattern? I looked through the books at Joanns yesterday but nothing really popped out at me...
kitty17794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #12753
auuudriana

Anyone have a good tutorial they recommend for a skirt for Briar Rose? I can't seem to find any that I like. Thanks.
auuudriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #12754
yuki cookie

hi all ive cosplayed as alice in wonderland,snow white my dream disney cosplay i would love to do is bellle in her yellow dress from beauty and the beast ^^
Unread 08-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #12755
aimee
it's a sparkly!

couple more photos of my Kiss the Girl Ariel

aimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #12756
nessabutterfly

Aimee-- your costume is beautiful, as always. Love the water background.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:38 AM   #12757
StarsCASSiOPEiA
Crazy name CAPiTALiZATiON

Aimee-- That location is gorgeous, so perfect for Ariel! I love the blue fabric you chose too, so pretty.
  • Emperor Lelouch (Code Geass): 2% (Planning) Katsucon 2015
  • Hilda, Player Character (Pokemon Black): 18% (Sewing) ?????
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook
StarsCASSiOPEiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #12758
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

wow.. I started watching the "Heroes of Cosplay" series on SyFy - they are very serious about the competitions.. Now, I'm really glad I don't attend conventions.. Don't have the time, money, or nerve.. LoL.

Anyways, I really have nothing going on right now.. My hot-glue gun (my main tool) is worn out, so I gotta get a new one.. Because of that, I've been bored for the past several days..

And I like to take yarn and make wigs with it using a simple method of tying the yarn to a head-band.. It's much better than the way I used to make them.. I have a few cosplays in mind that require a wig..
well, that's all for now, BBL!

Last edited by alice4ck : 08-22-2013 at 09:39 AM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM   #12759
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

MY WINGS TURNED UP!!!!!!!!!!! But my photobucket is being a douche so I can't show any pictures =(
Unread 08-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #12760
nessabutterfly

Alice-- I don't have cable, so I haven't watched Heros of Cosplay, but all my friends are talking about it. It is NOT accurate at all. Conventions and contests are FUN!! Some of them are high stress if you're REALLY competing for a prize, but if you're just doing it for fun, then it's FUN! Smaller cons tend to have really pleasant judges. Yes, sometimes you'll get Yaya or someone like her, but I've also judged contests, and have been judged at MANY. I've never felt intimidated by the judging. The worst of it was always nerves right before I got on stage, but I got over my stage fright after a few contests and even started doing community theater.
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #12761
yuki cookie

wow love seing other peoples costumes theve made its amazing but i love buying cosplays online and dressing up as my fav disney characters and others but would love to find a friend who would make costumes for me heres my snow white and alice in wonderland dress up photos^^

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #12762
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

Ah, I see.. Heroes of Cosplay does make the judges sound really strict about the cosplay competitions.. But thank you for the information. The judging does sound very intense on HOC. For me, if I were to try a convention, then it would be for fun. I have no desire to win anything from it, honestly. As poor as my skills are, I wouldn't win anything anyways.. LoL. Yet, if the costumes is for a Con, then I would do my best to make it look good. And congrats on getting over stage fright - not easy to do at times. :/
Unread 08-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #12763
luckikitten
Nutella Dipper

Aimee~OMG!! I love your Ariel cosplay! I especially love the corset! XD

Animazement 2014:

Friday: Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
Saturday: Machi (Hunter x Hunter)
Sunday: Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony; Friendship Is Magic)
luckikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:09 PM   #12764
Benihime78
The Fun-Sized One

kitty17794- I think you'd be able to use just about any long-sleeved, high-collared shirt pattern that zips up the back. Just add lace to the front. For a lot of cosplay patterns, I know I have to settle with close enough and adapt it to my own needs.

auuudriana- Have you thought about using a circle skirt? That's what I went with and it had a lot of flow.

alice- Heroes of Cosplay is just another reason I'm glad I don't have cable. I'll actually be judging at a local con in a few weeks and I really hope I don't come across as mean or elitist.

On my front, I've been working on a Merida dress. I'll be wearing it to my friend Sasha's wedding tomorrow since she's encouraging fantasy/renaissance attire:

All I need now is a new wig, which brings me to my next subject....has anyone hear ever ordered from Amphigory? I plan on ordering their Diana 3 wig in fire red, but I've never bought from them before and I want to make sure I'm making a good decision. Someone told me that they have poor customer service.
Nessa, I know you have. How was your experience?

Next Con: ?????

My deviantArt
(feel free to add- I love seeing other people's work).
Disney Cosplay Tumblr-Follow and post!

Benihime78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #12765
nessabutterfly

Amphigory is kinda slow, but I haven't had any problems with their customer service. I've gotten close to half of my wigs from them. They give you the option to put a date in that you need the wig by, and if they can't make that date, they'll let you know and won't charge your card. It can sometimes take a day or so to hear back from them though.

Some of their wigs aren't in their warehouse and they have to order them in, so that can slow things down. I'm pretty sure it will let you know when you go to add it to your cart though. I've never waited more than a month for anything, but it's often comparable to waiting for a wig from Hong Kong. Quality is excellent though.