Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 08-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant

Adventure Time! Dragon*Con 2013

(I think that the previous thread was deleted, and as the convention draws nearer, I believe that it would be wise to resurrect it.)

What time is it? Dragon*Con time!

Hey there everyone, Doktor Lee here. As you may be aware, the trio of Jeremy Shada (Finn), John DiMaggio (Jake), and Olivia Olson (Marceline) will be featured as Kaleidoscope guests this year! Thus, I think that a proper meeting of fans is in order, so why not all of us celebrate together?

As I will be attending the Adventure Time panel both Saturday and Sunday, I believe it is best for us to come together on Saturday evening, but where would you all recommend to hold it? Any ideas?

Here is the schedule if need be (the panels will be held at the Marriott Marquis, Atrium Level, Room 708):
Saturday - Adventure Time Trio @ 11:30 a.m., planned meetup afterwards.
Sunday - Adventure Time Trio @ 10:00 a.m., Olivia Olson meet @ 7 p.m.
Monday - Jeremy Shada meet @ 11:30 a.m.

Completed
Discworld - Inspector A.E. Pessimal

Retired
Adventure Time - Simon Petrikov
Team Fortress 2 - RED Team Medic (Genderbend)
Doctor Who - The Eighth Doctor
Doktor Lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-11-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
astralrayn

I'll be cosplaying Huntress Wizard on Saturday for as long as I can. (the outfit hurt me last time for some reason and I had to take it off.)

I was wondering if we have a parade group? I was planning to march in the parade, one of my friends got wristbands, but I don't know if there is a specific group for Adventure Time.
astralrayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Rock Biologist
Scientist/Rock Star

Thanks so much for the info - I'm late to the game as far as Adventure Time goes, so no costume, but I'd love to check out one of these panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Lee View Post
(I think that the previous thread was deleted, and as the convention draws nearer, I believe that it would be wise to resurrect it.)

What time is it? Dragon*Con time!

Hey there everyone, Doktor Lee here. As you may be aware, the trio of Jeremy Shada (Finn), John DiMaggio (Jake), and Olivia Olson (Marceline) will be featured as Kaleidoscope guests this year! Thus, I think that a proper meeting of fans is in order, so why not all of us celebrate together?

As I will be attending the Adventure Time panel both Saturday and Sunday, I believe it is best for us to come together on Saturday evening, but where would you all recommend to hold it? Any ideas?

Here is the schedule if need be (the panels will be held at the Marriott Marquis, Atrium Level, Room 708):
Saturday - Adventure Time Trio @ 11:30 a.m., planned meetup afterwards.
Sunday - Adventure Time Trio @ 10:00 a.m., Olivia Olson meet @ 7 p.m.
Monday - Jeremy Shada meet @ 11:30 a.m.
Rock Biologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralrayn View Post
I'll be cosplaying Huntress Wizard on Saturday for as long as I can. (the outfit hurt me last time for some reason and I had to take it off.)

I was wondering if we have a parade group? I was planning to march in the parade, one of my friends got wristbands, but I don't know if there is a specific group for Adventure Time.
The Kaleidoscope track will all be decked out in full Adventure Time costumes, so definitely feel free to join us if you wish!

Completed

Retired
Unread 08-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #5
ellisbelle

I plan on being at the panel on Saturday in my Lumpy Space Princess costume. Is the meet up in the same room as the panel?
ellisbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
moonjelly

Another LSP representing!
moonjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:14 AM   #7
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbelle View Post
I plan on being at the panel on Saturday in my Lumpy Space Princess costume. Is the meet up in the same room as the panel?
I don't think that we can actually have the meet inside the Kaleidoscope track room, but I don't see any harm in finding a place in the Marriott free of con traffic, after the panel is said and done that Saturday afternoon. I'd have to check and see.

Completed

Retired
Unread 08-20-2013, 06:05 AM   #8
Ushi_chan

Yay! I'm going to be LSP as well. This is my first cosplay/con evar! I'm so excited. I want to try and get as many pictures as possible with AT characters. Especially the LSPs. I'm so glad that this was posted. Now I know where to find everyone. Thanks, Doktor Lee!
Ushi_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
Doktor Lee
Bon Vivant

Panel Update!

The Adventure Time Righteous Hour panel has been moved over to the Hilton's Grand Ballroom East, yet the time remains the same at 11:30 a.m. If anyone wishes to attend the panel after the parade has ended, feel free to accompany me on my way there.

Another A.T.-related panel, Two Righteous Bros., will be held on Sunday in the same ballroom, at 10 a.m. I'll be seeing you there!

Completed

Retired

Last edited by Doktor Lee : 08-20-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
oblivious_

I'd be very interested in a meet up! This is my first con, but I've got a Doctor Princess costume ready to go. Planning on wearing it Saturday as long as I can (it's a warm costume...)
oblivious_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
oblivious_

Ahhh! can't figure out how to edit... noob issues.... Anywho, 11:30 Saturday sounds mathematical! See y'all there!
oblivious_ is offline   Reply With Quote