Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 85 votes, 4.91 average.
Unread 07-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #391
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikawaii View Post
I hope I'm doing this right XD I'm trying to perfect one of my newest costumes, Karuta from Inu x Boku ss. But I can't seem to find a pair of contacts. I need them in a perscription(-3.00 to be exact I believe). But the color is what's bothering me. Can anyone help direct me to a pair of contacts?

Reference pictures:
http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/200H...ya-d4rvnjf.jpg
http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/ch...s/6/164673.jpg
https://yande.re/post/show?md5=1d35d...3b9f8fa1ac4472

Thank you in advance
There are some recommendations to consider at the beginning of the thread for some pink lenses.
http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...17&postcount=2
I think the most popular suggestion for pink lenses tends to be Super Crystal Pink, on coscom at least. Vassen Sweet Eye Pink would also look pretty for that character if you wanted a smaller lens diameter effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Surrection View Post
Does anyone make white mesh lenses with prescriptions built in? My vision is quite poor without my prescription lenses.

I asked my optometrist and they said theirs (from Crazy Eyes or something) are prescription-less, unfortunately.
I have not come across any that were in prescription either. Sadly, it is a very small niche market for them so they seem to exist solely as "costume" non-powered lenses. The only thing I have seen that comes close and is available in prescription would be like 9mmsfx's cataract lens. Not really the same effect as mesh lenses either. I have not come across any "manson-style" or white-out lenses that come in prescription either. Is the character someone you could wear mesh lenses with and put glasses on for navigation or is that no kosher?

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-15-2013, 04:18 PM   #392
Rex Surrection
Scott Oma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post

I have not come across any that were in prescription either. Sadly, it is a very small niche market for them so they seem to exist solely as "costume" non-powered lenses. The only thing I have seen that comes close and is available in prescription would be like 9mmsfx's cataract lens. Not really the same effect as mesh lenses either. I have not come across any "manson-style" or white-out lenses that come in prescription either. Is the character someone you could wear mesh lenses with and put glasses on for navigation or is that no kosher?
Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of using the white contacts for a Vegan-edge Todd Ingram (Scott Pilgrim) or even for my Kung Lao (why do ninjas get all the cool eyes). Glasses could be done if I went for the hipster angle, hahah! Thanks again.
Rex Surrection is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #393
Angelophile

I got some white-out prescription lenses from HoneyColor.com, which were dirt cheap, if you don't mind a wait for them to arrive from Malaysia. They do a greater range of prescriptions than most, too. My eyes are -5.50 and they still went up that high, while most effect lenses end at -4.00.
Angelophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 02:01 AM   #394
Jassinta
Has Hugged Bradley James

Hi, I'm trying to find some contacts to replicate WoW Death knight eyes for my costume.
Reference:

If none with the full eye can be found, then I'd even settle for any regular contacts in that colour/even icier blue.

Really hope you guys can help, otherwise I might have to buy ones that look like Selene from Underworld and hope they look even remotely similar
Jassinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #395
AliceinIvory
Alice Addison

Hi guys! I'd love any input or advice given for this character idea I'm doing! I'm putting together a Monsters University cheerleader outfit, which will consist of light/royal blue cheer costume, with a funky looking grape-colored wig, light purple body paint, and some scaly makeup effects. I was initially looking at complete black-out, full-eye black contacts and then would add a second pair of fake eyes above it, kind of spider-like! But $100 for a single contact is a bit too expensive for me. I was wondering what you would suggest (doesn't have to be black or anything!) that would look really cool with this ensemble. Let me know!

ALSO, they'd have to be PRESCRIPTION-friendly contacts, since I'm blind as a bat...
Unread 08-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #396
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassinta View Post
Hi, I'm trying to find some contacts to replicate WoW Death knight eyes for my costume.
This is a situation where Photoshooping your pictures afterward will save a lot of money and effort. There are these Athena lenses from Eyesbright, but the only way to have a solid blue eye look is getting custom sclera lenses in that blue shade from a place like 9mmsfx. However, with lenses where the pupil is covered, you have zero vision. The next best thing would be to look at some of the "Icy Blue" suggestions in the first few posts of this thread and then just go back and add in the eye glow effect after you take photos. If you have never handled contact lenses before, you should make an appointment to get fitted (even if you have 20/20 vision) especially if you are seriously considering the sclera lenses which cover much more of the eye than normal contact lenses. Wear-time and handling these lenses is different from normal ones. Good luck and happy shopping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceinIvory View Post
Hi guys! I'd love any input or advice given for this character idea I'm doing! I'm putting together a Monsters University cheerleader outfit, which will consist of light/royal blue cheer costume, with a funky looking grape-colored wig, light purple body paint, and some scaly makeup effects. I was initially looking at complete black-out, full-eye black contacts and then would add a second pair of fake eyes above it, kind of spider-like! But $100 for a single contact is a bit too expensive for me. I was wondering what you would suggest (doesn't have to be black or anything!) that would look really cool with this ensemble. Let me know!
Have you considered mini-sclera lenses? Marietta has some that are $40/ea. and these are powered.
Another option is black circle lenses to make your irises look bigger like these Geos (also available in powers).

That said, if you want to draw more attention to your eyes, you could go with purple's compliment and pick a gold/yellow lens. Other popular eye colors that anime/game characters have along with purple hair are red, blue, and purple so those may be other colors to consider. Since you are not sticking to strictly on-screen canon, you have more room to play and make a unique look for yourself. Sounds like a very cute costume in the works, good luck!

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:43 AM   #397
kitkat1250

I am looking to add contacts to my mad hatter cosplay that I do, I don't need contacts nor have i ever worn them and im not sure what brand to get. I was looking at reviews for a lot of different brands and they were 50 50 on wither not the look good of they are comfortable i need help...

this is the look im going for.

I have really dark eyes,

about that color.
kitkat1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #398
webmasterluxe

Hi guys, I am looking for Halloween contacts, can you tell me which is your favorite shop ? Cheers...
webmasterluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #399
webmasterluxe

I read that glow in the dark lenses are not safe, is it true ? Thanks.
Unread 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #400
the.footpad

Hey guys! I'm looking for a pair of contacts that look like this guy's eyes:

Mine are about the darkest shade of brown possible, lol
I don't know if this is the place to ask or not, but I figured I would!
Burial at Sea Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite: Burial at sea): 80% done
Corvo Attano (Dishonored): 100% done
Follow me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13
Follow me on Deviantart! http://sandercohen13.deviantart.com/
the.footpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #401
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat1250 View Post
I am looking to add contacts to my mad hatter cosplay that I do, I don't need contacts nor have i ever worn them and im not sure what brand to get.
First stop should be to an optometrist to get formally fitted for contact lenses. As has been said many times, even people with 20/20 need to know what their measurements are. While there you could ask about bright greenish yellow lenses that they can order. They may have lenses they can order for you quickly and cheaper than what you find on the internet. As Halloween is in the not-so-distant future, they will be getting a lot of "costume lens" fitting requests so they really will not be judgmental.

Otherwise, there are places selling "mad hatter" lenses like these, these, and these (a bit fancier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.footpad View Post
Hey guys! I'm looking for a pair of contacts that look like this guy's eyes: Mine are about the darkest shade of brown possible, lol
I don't know if this is the place to ask or not, but I figured I would!
Check the first few posts of the thread as there are some links there. A lot of people are using Princess Pinky Twilight Brown or DollyEye Brown lenses for "gold" eyed characters so maybe those will suit your needs?

CURRENT PROJECTS
Unread 08-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #402
the.footpad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion View Post

Check the first few posts of the thread as there are some links there. A lot of people are using Princess Pinky Twilight Brown or DollyEye Brown lenses for "gold" eyed characters so maybe those will suit your needs?
The Twilight brown ones look AWESOME and definitely look like they would work! Thanks for the help
Burial at Sea Booker DeWitt (Bioshock Infinite: Burial at sea): 80% done
Corvo Attano (Dishonored): 100% done
Follow me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/sandercohen13
Follow me on Deviantart! http://sandercohen13.deviantart.com/
the.footpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #403
afroguy
Groovy Individual

Hey, guys. I've been looking for level 3 Sharingan contacts, and I've found many places that sell them, but I don't know who I should order from, or if they're any good. Any advice?
afroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #404
Kelley
Devil of Details

Dumb question, but if Pinky Paradise does not have my prescription in the drop-down menu for one eye (but it does the other), does that mean they're out of stock or something else ?

I would also love to get those Twilight Brown lenses, but there's no -1.00 for right eye.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #405
webmasterluxe

My fav is still solution lens but they still don't have prescription i think ? http://www.solution-lens.com