Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 329 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #5041
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

Hahaha I would probably just die of second hand embarrassment.

They should have had someone pretend to lose an arm too, then tell you to never play with guns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #5042
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
They should have had someone pretend to lose an arm too, then tell you to never play with guns.
If only we had our own J. Walter Weatherman.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #5043
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Once again, people chalk it up to "killer animals" and not irresponsible idiots.... http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...ton-mayor.html

Not to mention, python behavior really doesn't match up to the details they've given. And it sickens me that a snake who, if it DID do it, just flat out gets euthanized for instinct. Not even one attempt to send it to a zoo or reptile rescue.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 08-07-2013 at 12:34 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #5044
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
active shooter training.
I'm pretty desensitized to guns since people I work with walk around with M-16's in the office like it's not a big deal. (It's not, it's part of their job).

Most of the ramp up in active shooter training has been as a direct result of stuff like Ft. Hood and other recent events. Although for the unarmed, it basically boils down to hide in locked rooms with the lights off and hope you don't get found by the shooter before he's found by the people you want him found by.

Quote:
And it sickens me that a snake who, if it DID do it, just flat out gets euthanized for instinct. Not even one attempt to send it to a zoo or reptile rescue.
...well, this thing was already at someplace purporting to be a zoo. Would it really be better off somewhere it's just about as likely to get out as it was there, where it'll also probably have access to just as many kids? People just shouldn't have these things if they're big enough to kill people. I don't know that there's a better solution to this other than just euthanizing it, since it's not like you can rehabilitate a snake somehow.

FWIW, I also think we spend far too much money keeping human murderers alive in the prison system when they could easily escape and cause more harm to society.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #5045
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I'm not arguing that very large snakes are a bad idea to privately own (hence why I said "irresponsible idiots", and fyi I love snakes), but on top of its behaviour being very fishy and it having supposedly shown no signs of trying to eat the kids after supposedly killing them on top of the rest of the abnormal behaviour that makes it sound like it wasn't the snake, instant euthanasia of it is too far. They could have at LEAST held off on killing it until they had concrete evidence that it was indeed the python, not assuming "Big snake in same room=MURDEROUS VICIOUS REPTILE!" And deciding to just kill it now and let the autopsy figure it out after the fact. I'm also not happy with the typical response of "all snakes are vile and dangerous, nobody should ever be allowed to own them". Which is pretty damn far from the truth.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #5046
belligerent
Viking Metal

That's the only article about the incident I've read, but the lack of information in that piece makes me think not much of the press has access to the details yet. For example, are these kids dead from crush injuries? Did they get eaten? Blood loss from snake bites? It doesn't say. If they found the snake wrapped around the kids, then I would say it's probably the snake, unless he saw them choking on something and was trying to give them the heimlich.

A lot of the other details in this case are pretty weird. Like who even is that guy who owns the snake and why were these two kids on a "sleepover" in the apartment above the place? This is either a really weird murder or the snake killed the kids. Maybe both things.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #5047
Bisected8
panificium delicatum sum

Barrister calls 13 year old girl "predatory".

FFS.

To do; Dark Link (70%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.

Last edited by Bisected8 : 08-07-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Bisected8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #5048
Kildread
I can fix it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Then a campus employee busted in wearing a balaclava and carrying a toy AK with the orange tip, and we were chided for not doing anything in response to the "attack".
I thought the entire Charlie Brooker episode was funny (as usual), it just never hit me it was something that was actively done in schools in the US.

Reality is really stranger than fiction O_o
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #5049
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
That's the only article about the incident I've read, but the lack of information in that piece makes me think not much of the press has access to the details yet. For example, are these kids dead from crush injuries? Did they get eaten? Blood loss from snake bites? It doesn't say. If they found the snake wrapped around the kids, then I would say it's probably the snake, unless he saw them choking on something and was trying to give them the heimlich.

A lot of the other details in this case are pretty weird. Like who even is that guy who owns the snake and why were these two kids on a "sleepover" in the apartment above the place? This is either a really weird murder or the snake killed the kids. Maybe both things.
It's not the only article on the incident, but no, the autopsy hasn't been released yet, and the kids were dead when they were found. But what they have released makes it a very strange case where I think the snake was planted as a coverup (like, how it would kill two and not even eat them when no snake would do that, and how the heck it could kill one without the other waking up upon hearing screams or being crawled on, etc. (It doesn't say if they were sharing a bed or such, though)).
Unread 08-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #5050
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I tried to post this earlier and then coscom stopped working for me. The exact same day that you posted this I read this other case of guard at a juvenile detention center repeatedly raped a 14-year-old inmate and the facility is saying she "asked for it."

SERIOUSLY?! These girls can't even legally consent to sex.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #5051
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I tried to post this earlier and then coscom stopped working for me. The exact same day that you posted this I read this other case of guard at a juvenile detention center repeatedly raped a 14-year-old inmate and the facility is saying she "asked for it."

SERIOUSLY?! These girls can't even legally consent to sex.
I need to stop trolling this thread.

It makes me angry in ways I didn't know I could be angry.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #5052
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

It's really fantastic that no one was killed by the gunman in the Georgia elementary school, and how the office worker he spoke to was able to talk him into surrendering, but does anyone else feel like if he went in and instructed a woman in the front office to call the police and news stations, he didn't really intend to kill anyone? I mean, whatever else was going on, usually people who really want to commit murder do not announce themselves ahead of time.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #5053
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
It's really fantastic that no one was killed by the gunman in the Georgia elementary school, and how the office worker he spoke to was able to talk him into surrendering, but does anyone else feel like if he went in and instructed a woman in the front office to call the police and news stations, he didn't really intend to kill anyone? I mean, whatever else was going on, usually people who really want to commit murder do not announce themselves ahead of time.
Ya' never know what's going on in folk's heads mannn.
I recall hearing about a young man who announced the date, time, location, and intended number of victims to a 4/chan/ forum prior to him going to his old school loaded to the 9's with guns. Some members on the board contacted the police who intercepted the gunman before anything could happen.

You could argue that deep down he wanted to be caught, that this was a 'cry for help' and he had intended to be apprehended from the beginning. Or you could argue that he was 'fame whoring' himself out to the media with the hope of getting famous when reporters dug up the fact he announced his intentions publicly. He could have just been an arrogant shit head who didn't think a bunch of anonymous trolls on 4/chan/ would a) believe him or b) care enough to call the police.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #5054
sam vimes
A real live wire

I'm ignoring everything political this weekend because I can't take all the dithering and hopelessness anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #5055
sam vimes
A real live wire

Bump because it should be bumped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote