I'm about to start on my own Yellow/Yang Xiao Long cosplay myself! So I can give out ideas of what I've been planning/thinking on tackling Yellow's outfit.
- either find a pattern or use my business suits and vest as reference. I found a pattern, but I'm still going to rely on my vest that I already preown as a reference. Just make sure to cut the vest with a low v-neck so show off some of that cleavage. And if you don't like to show too much, then go ahead and make the v-neck higher. :3
- As for the extra designs on it, since it's multicolored, just make it up as I go along. 8D;; So this is where I will have to get creative and modify the pattern/reference to the way the vest actually looks like.
- sleeves, I must not forget to make it wider than usual at the top to make the sleeves puffy when I sew it on.
- Fabric choices. I had two in mind. Either pleather/vinyl (HAHAHA) or suiting fabric. I chose suiting. But if suiting is too expensive, cotton works fine to me.
(I of course bought suiting fabric)
- SOOO my idea for this is I would just make it the way I am assuming it looks like and attach it to the belt. (the white part of the 'skirt' is pleated, so just don't forget to make it like that, I'm planning to use cotton, or cotton/polyester for this part and attach it on the belt too). And ta-dahhh, it should hang on my hips.
I hope this helped some! Good luck on your own Yellow cosplay! <33