Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 09-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
CrookedCompass

Greetings, Coscom.

Hello all, you can call me Crooked. Or Compass. Feel free to be inventive. Anyway, I've been a cosplayer for a few years now... I think it's been about ten years, off and on, starting in the early 2000s. After putting off making a decision on whether or not I wanted to join Coscom, I caved and did it. And waited in agony for about a week to get my activation email. Guess that's my punishment for being indecisive, huh? I'm looking forward to sharing costumes, photos, and comments in exchange for much of the same. The tutorials and advice will no doubt come in handy, of course, but...

I fully expect to be put in total awe (and to some shame) by the tremendous kindness, wit, and skill of the Coscom community. No pressure.
CrookedCompass is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
SirWonderusMary
Join the Flock~

Why, hello! Welcome to the forums fellow cosplayer! Also, we'll try our best to exceed your expectations but in return? You need to impress us with your knowledge, and your love for this hobby we have in common. The community thus far has impressed me over the years with their threads, cosplayers also going all the way to say hi to someone they've seen in the forums (it has happened twice thus far), and just the responses they have given to people who really need advice on something whether it is cosplay related or about real-life.

Just put on your seat-belt and enjoy your stay at the forums where you expect the unexpected. ^^
-Metro-con 2015
-AWA 2015

Cosplay List:
-Joker (Black Butler)
-Jack Vessalius (Pandora Hearts)
-Julius Monrey (Alice in the Country of Hearts)
-Aura Blackquill (Ace Attorney)
-Inuyasha

SirWonderusMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
CrookedCompass

Hello, thank you for the warm welcome! In return for your generosity, I will certainly try to seem very smart, but no smarter than I actually am. Probably a little less so I can seem surprisingly intelligent at a later time. Without fooling anyone, mind you. But of course I love to cosplay and I'll be happy to share that fact for many years to come (as the budget allows).

I'm glad there's a place online where cosplayers can gather and be the family I've come to know them as. Advice for real-life or costume construction, I've only met the most helpful sort at cons. Expecting the delightfully unexpected, here I come.

But I see you have a good list going in in your signature-- Good luck on all your cosplays! From the ones I know, it seems like you've got great taste. They should be fun.
CrookedCompass is offline   Reply With Quote