Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 08-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
Japandanerd

Witchblade(anime) Masane AmahaTutorial?

I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS. I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a tutorial/what supplies to use but I am getting NO WHERE. I am so flustered. I also will NOT be showing my butt(but half of my boobs is fine, yes I know, it's strange...but just deal with it xD) so I am thinking of using spandex shorts for it but it might make it look really weird. However here are some pictures that I have found (they are really bad pictures because I can never find the back area so if you have any, please show me!) Also I am new to this site *mostly, I've been on here before to look at the stuff but whatever.*

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/258/9/1/amaha_masane_cosplay_by_shy_cruz_by_ec20livinganim e-d5es1um.jpg

http://stuffpoint.com/witchblade/ima...-wb-form-2.jpg

What I REALLY need help on is the armor. Like how would I go about choosing the materials and it being not too costly. I was originally thinking of using worbla or wonderflex however that is EXTREMELY expensive so yeah... also fabric is really expensive as well. I kind of *jokingly* told my friend "Hey! Why don't we just paint it onto my body?!" lol x.x yeah no xD but PLEASE help... I was hoping it could be done in time for Swampcon *or possibly Halloween* which is in January the 12th-13th (I think) I already have a friend who is helping me with the wig. But if not then Hopefully Metrocon. I am trying to get better at making cosplays since one day I want to go pro... so please please help Q~Q I will love you forever and ever!!!! It could also maybe help someone in the future trying to cosplay Masane
Japandanerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #2
lonelyblossom

you can buy craft foam by the foot and use it to make the armor. it's cheap and easy to work with; just heat it up and mold it to your body shape. then use one of the various ways to prime it (gesso/glue/mod podge) and paint it. then you can attach it all to some fabric when you wear it so it'll be more comfortable. since it's light, you can probably attach it to your body with body tape
lonelyblossom is offline   Reply With Quote