Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #121
bean93
Can I touch your haaaand?

...That 4th episode though.......... I can't believe how they are portraying cosplay to the world........... this is why my friends advised me to avoid reality TV shows, it's all liesssss TT^TT

Cosplay
Organization 13 2006 *retired, sold*
Tales of Vesperia - Yuri Lowell 2009, 10 *retired, sold*
Persona 4 - Yukiko Amagi 2011, 12
Persona 4 - Teddie (pageant) 2012, 13
Persona 4 - Gas Station Attendant 2013, 14
Persona 4 - Izanami - no - Okami (Goddess) 2014
Hataraku Maou Sama - Mayumi Kisaki 2014
Soul Eater - Liz Thompson 2014
bean93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #122
Nuku15

oh yea heroes of cosplay its on syfy every Tuesday and I i'm watching its awesome I love it ^^
Nuku15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #123
Kristen D
The Coming Thing

Eh, this show is a mixed bag of meh.

What I like:

Seeing the cosplayers pick their costumes and what little of it we see get made. And of course the finished product.

Getting to see cosplayers who aren't a part of the show, show off their hard work. I wish the show followed those people as they seem like they truly love what they do.

Now for what I don't like:

Veronica and Monica's BAD attitudes. ESPECIALLY Monica after what she said to Becky last episode. I was rather disgusted.

The entire "made up for drama" aspect of the show. "Will they or won't they finish the costume!" that was made years before the show came on. It feels extremely forced and it isn't necessary. You already have me watching the show, so show me COSPLAYING. Not made up drama.

The format of the show as a whole. I expected it to the be like Face Off. Yeah there is some drama but they mainly focus on building their stuff and SHOWING/EXPLAINING the process. Hell even Ink Masters does this. All we get with HOC is a 5 second look at what they are doing and then boom! The costume is finished.

I just think they picked some not so interesting or hell, NICE people to follow around. The only ones I like are Chloe (who I believe had the RIGHT attitude when it comes to cosplaying), Holly, Jessica (when she's having good days, the girl has skills) and Becky. Riki was a little bitchy and demanding toward her brother/husband (no clue they didn't make it clear which he was) and I didn't like that at all. They haven't shown enough of Jesse for me to get a good feel of him but he seems like a nice guy and he's a hell of a fabricator.

I also don't like the fact that they only focus on the competition aspect, when not a huge piece of the community even competes (from what I've gathered).

I guess I was expecting to see some really talented people show off their skills, get to see some cons and most importantly LEARN something about creating a costume and becoming the character. All I got was a bunch of bitching with some costumes thrown in. I feel like I'm watching Real Housewives of Cosplay.

One last thing, I have no problem with sexiness. I endorse it. ALL women (and men!) can be sexy in their own right, but for the love of Christ could someone PLEASE give YaYa a shirt every once in a while? Her melons are so...distracting and not in a good way. I will admit she's talented as far as making her costumes go. But I feel like she's using the community because she thinks a bunch of guys will buy anything from her because of the twins. I don't feel like she's a person who really loves what she does, I just get "I like money" off of her. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I saw so far.

Overall, it isn't a very good show and I wish they would have tried harder. There is a really cool docu on Youtube that follows some cosplayers around and I actually LEARNED something from it. Plus it was nice to see a woman who was full figured and shown in a positive light, instead of being put down like on this show. It made me feel good.

Sorry if that went on too long, I kinda unloaded ha.
Kristen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #124
NaughtsApproach

keep in mind it is not a show FOR cosplayers it is a show for people who not seen or heard of cosplay to let them know one aspect of it. I would advise going to Yaya Hans FB page and watching the video she just posted.

as cosplayers we know what it is about. and in the cosplay world Competitions is only one aspect of cosplay...it just so happens thats what they focused on. dont watch the show and say it is a horrible show because it doesnt show every one happy go lucky running around the con like you are...thats not what the focus is. the focus is competition cosplays and the hard work and stress that goes into them.

Western CO Cosplay group

:Website:
http://futagocosplay.wix.com/futagocosplay

:FaceBook page:
http://www.facebook.com/WeAreFutagoCosplay

Take a look at our pages!<3

OR My personal business page for any interest in Commissions
http://www.facebook.com/allisonsCustomCostumes
NaughtsApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #125
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtsApproach View Post
keep in mind it is not a show FOR cosplayers it is a show for people who not seen or heard of cosplay to let them know one aspect of it. I would advise going to Yaya Hans FB page and watching the video she just posted.

as cosplayers we know what it is about. and in the cosplay world Competitions is only one aspect of cosplay...it just so happens thats what they focused on. dont watch the show and say it is a horrible show because it doesnt show every one happy go lucky running around the con like you are...thats not what the focus is. the focus is competition cosplays and the hard work and stress that goes into them.
Sorry, I don't like fake shows.
Also, not everyone sees Yaya Han's videos. Lots of people think this show is all real. And take what these scripted people say seriously.
They can make an entertaining show without producing fake dramu and putting people in a bad light. (I feel sorry for all the cosplayers that got involved)
I would never show this show to anyone or recommened it.
I already explained to my mom that this show is reality TV and all scripted and I won't be showing it to her. (mostly because the show scripts nearly everyone to have an elitist attitude.. My mom knows that this isn't an elitist hobby and I wouldn't want to ruin her perception or scare her away from dressing up)

I plan to join cosplay competition in the near future. And even if I already was in it, I still wouldn't like this show. I don't like reality tv and I don't like the show. It's my opinion.. I don't wish the show to end, I just don't care for it at all.
If other people like reality TV, that is okay with me.
It just isn't my cup of tea.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #126
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
If other people like reality TV, that is okay with me.
It just isn't my cup of tea.
It is absolutely not okay. It's this mentality that has kept the airways flooded with that shit for the past decade. People should be made to be ashamed and feel stupid for liking obvious garbage. What we need is some good old fashioned guilt and embarrassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #127
Akune-chan

This show is still going on?

._.
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #128
ChibiDannimon

I hope this is the last we hear of this series and before it could be on DVD the files are corrupted and contain computer-killing viruses.

2014 Cosplays

Black Widow - The Avengers (Comic Book Version)
Sailor Galaxia - Sailor Stars
Rosa/Mei - Pokemon Black and White 2
Finn - Adventure Time
Ben Tennyson - Ben 10 Omniverse
Takato - Digimon 03
Rei Ryugazaki - Free!
ChibiDannimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #129
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Wink

There's only 6 episodes of this and this was the last one.

I think the Monika girl learned a very valuable lesson. "Think before you speak." Now, for YaYa, even though that I still think she's an elitist about the cosplay subject, I'm glad she's not going to let her reputation get in the way of her heart by having compassion for her friend Riki. Very proud of her as a fellow cosplayer

OMG, I felt so bad for that Becky girl I just recently started wearing contacts and I love them. I never fully understood why people kept saying, "don't sleep in your contacts." So, I'm really glad I got a good example of why not to do that Those Dr. Who cosplayers made me so mad First of all, whoever said "go home out-of-towners" were totally out of line. Second of all, those Dr. Who cosplayers needed to keep they're traps shut and they had no business. By them acting that way towards other cosplayers, whether local or out-of-town, THEY'RE THE FAKES and are also losers.

Overall, it wasn't really bad as people were making it out to be. I'm looking at this in an artist perspective, honestly. The cosplayers here weren't as bad, despite it being a reality TV show. I personally stay away from them, but this really caught my interest, in terms of my personal favorite hobby and fandom. All of the cosplays turned out awesome and inspiring If they ever did a new season, I wouldn't mind seeing a different cast than this one here, just to keep up the different types of people and cosplayers.

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:06 AM   #130
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

An article that one of the Whovians posted:
https://www.facebook.com/amy.r.schle...s/980934383139

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #131
KittyAngel
cute little kitty >^.^<

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
An article that one of the Whovians posted:
https://www.facebook.com/amy.r.schle...s/980934383139
Hey LinkPwnGanon, I would really like to read the article, but I'm one of the very very few people that actually doesn't have a Facebook and unfortunately you have to login in order to view it. Do you mind at least cutting it and pasting it on here or something so other people can read it. Thanks so much

DeviantArt.com
JapaneseBlossomKitty
KittyAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #132
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAngel View Post
Hey LinkPwnGanon, I would really like to read the article, but I'm one of the very very few people that actually doesn't have a Facebook and unfortunately you have to login in order to view it. Do you mind at least cutting it and pasting it on here or something so other people can read it. Thanks so much
sorry about that, here: http://wow-lawbringer.blogspot.ca/20...f-cosplay.html

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - AoT 85%
Dark Zelda - SSBB 30%
WoC!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Tinkerbell - Disney 5%
Ruby Rose 80% /Summer Rose - RWBY 90%[/color]

Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Miltiades Malachite - RWBY
Lisa Garland - Silent Hill
Anastasia(Once Upon A December Dress) - Anastasia
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #133
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I'm not completely caught up but I really don't like Yaya Han.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #134
DropsOfRain

Another, lesser-known blog post from another of the Doctor Who group.

http://yvesadele.tumblr.com/post/615...oes-of-cosplay

I personally have not watched the show, nor do I really have any interest of watching it. Everything I've read online seems to boil down to "it's another 'reality' show that does not accurately portray reality because viewings". I do wish we would have more substantial shows on television.
DropsOfRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #135
Mistress Noire
FEM4

As fem 4 id like to leave you a link to my blog which also has all the links to some of the posts the other fem doctors made

http://theworldofnoire.blogspot.com/...finale_18.html
Mistress Noire is offline   Reply With Quote