Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

Rise of the Guardians 2014

Hello! I would be honored to help organize things for 2014 for you Guardians! Guardians of Childhood characters EQUALLY WELCOME!

I debuted my Pitch cosplay last year at Katsucon and one year later it's amazing how much this fandom has come to mean to me! (Not to mention improvements I've made to the makeup over the cons of 2013) I hope to have a Nightlight cosplay done for this Katsucon, I plan to be Pitch on Saturday regardless.

I'm planning on a ROTG music video, I need willing cosplayers to film, plus some filming help for shots I have to be in. See details at post #14!

Friday:
Shoot: 7:30 PM - Lower Fountains Area

Saturday:
Day Shoot: 2:00 PM Gazebo Area
Night Shoot: 7:30 PM Lower Fountains Area (Will be taking lots of video at this one)

ROTG PJ Party: 10:30 PM, In front of Chesapeake Rooms on floor 2 (lower arrow in that linked image).

'Floor 2' is right where you walk into the con center from the atrium (that area where the Gazebo is). If for some reason we have to move, look down the halls on this level somewhere in the con center, we won't be hard to find, we will be sitting in a circle.

PJ party's are something I have done about 5 times before with ROTG (and TF2) peoples! It's a great way to hang out and get to know fellow fans as you really sit down and chill. Costumes are optional, lazy versions encouraged, I don't even care if you come in other cosplays from whatever, but the focus of the event is if you love ROTG / Guardians of Childhood ! I like to bring coloring pages and snacks and a board game or two, you are welcome to bring similar (everyone LOVES snacks!). We play things like Truth or Dare, Telephone, and chat about fandom things or read book excerpts. Here are some photos from past PJ parties: http://lithefider.tumblr.com/tagged/rotg_PJ_party

Current Otakon Cosplay Lineup:
FRIDAY - (maybe Nightmare Stag and) BLU Spy (TF2)
SATURDAY - Good Cop Bad Cop (Lego Movie)
SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Anthrocon (July 4), Otakon (Aug 8), AnimeUSA (October 8)

Last edited by lithe-fider : 01-22-2014 at 01:55 PM.
lithe-fider is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Wolf&Needles

Hello, my friend and I will return to katsu once again as Jack and Tooth. We were there at otakon and went to your pj party (which was so much fun, btw). We will try to make any shoots we can and maybe at one we will show up like this : http://teensophie-draws.tumblr.com/post/53556706916
Wolf&Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf&Needles View Post
Hello, my friend and I will return to katsu once again as Jack and Tooth. We were there at otakon and went to your pj party (which was so much fun, btw). We will try to make any shoots we can and maybe at one we will show up like this : http://teensophie-draws.tumblr.com/post/53556706916
Hello again! You were that Tooth yes? I hope you saw the photos on my blog, so many nice shots of ya'll! I had a BLAST being silly-but-slightly-in-character Pitch (and throwing star marshmallows at everyone). If you make those outfits you linked....wow that'll be lovely!

I hope we get a fun turnout at Katsucon. Still gotta think of a nice place to meet....last year my TF2 PJ party had to move last minute cause the Jewish Youth convention was using those hallways. Definitely gotta pick somewhere in the MAIN center this time to be sure. Know anywhere good at Katsu (anyone)?

Teensophiedraws was even THERE at the Otakon party btw...and I didn't know it was her! I didn't find out till after and I geeked to her like 'I love your art and I am so happy to have your coloring book page you left now LOL'.

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
FatalCrimson123

I have just seen this movie and I fell in love and made me wanna do a female jack one day however idl when ill be able to do it.
FatalCrimson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #5
evenstar1
heart of darkness

I'm hoping to have book Tooth by Katsucon and will have a Nightlight with me and book Pitch most likely.
Alone:Saint Seiya: Lost Canvas
Nezumi:No. 6
Nagisa:Free!
Xemnas:Kingdom Hearts
Sebastian:Kuroshitsuji
evenstar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

evenstar1 - I was hoping to have a Nightlight done myself! Still just planning it but I hope to do him justice. At the very least I'll be Pitch again on Saturday. I like to see anything from the books as it's more unusual, and I love the look of Book Tooth with her 'harem pants' and Indian look.

I hope to see a Katherine too at some point (never seen one). Of course my favorite to see is Sandy's, cute sassy old man!

FatalCrimson123
- Femme versions are always interesting to see, as people do them all kinds of ways! I hope you can finish yours at some point

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 10-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #7
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

Giving a bump to let people know I'm still here and super pumped for this con!

I've been putting together more plans for my Nightlight and thinking about supplies. Gonna need to buy more cheap batter operated diode lights yup. http://lithefider.tumblr.com/post/62...splay-planning

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 12-14-2013, 09:50 PM   #8
pineapplecstacy

Hoping this one is still up for Katsu~ (I saw that it hasn't had any posts since October so, yep)
I'm planning on bringing Bunnymund fursuit again! and improved! (literally the only con I can wear'm too) I might just have a Jack Frost with me and more EasterEggs this year!(Or Valentines again)

I just would prefer a day that isnt Friday, cause I always get to the con late on Fridays....unless-its-late-night-like-last-year-and-snowing-again-and-everyone-just-decides-to-cuddle.

[[Also I may or may not be willing to find all the pictures again after the con, that just all depends really, and I dont know if it helped anyone out any last time]]
pineapplecstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
smashleysmash

I'm hosting the Big Four photo shoot on Friday at 3. Anyone from Rise is more than welcome to join.
smashleysmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
Aphoticfaerie

I have a friend whose bringing a Jack Frost. Is there a facebook event for this gathering by any chance?

Aphoticfaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
xoMally
I like turtles.

I was at the ROTG shoot last year as Jack! Bout a billion of those tho XD. I will be returning as Jack on Friday!
xoMally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #12
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

HI EVERYONE I am alive I swear. Just been so BUSY! Drew this late last night for Christmas: http://lithefider.tumblr.com/post/71...airings-i-like

I know we still need to pick locations and times, I'll just pick some today as no one else was giving suggestions. Sorry for the delay.

I was going to pick a shoot Friday night and one on Saturday so you can make it to least one if one of the days is not good for you.

Also seems we have a Big Four Shoot too hosted by -

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashleysmash View Post
I'm hosting the Big Four photo shoot on Friday at 3. Anyone from Rise is more than welcome to join.
Dunno if I can make it to that one as I'll be in something else earlier on Friday, link your thread in here too if you'd like so people can go check that out too!

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #13
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

There I made it easy and made the night shoot the same time Friday and Saturday. I submitted the times to the main photoshoot times/locations thread.

Still need a good location for us to all sit and chill Saturday night for the PJ party! Suggestions welcome as I do not know the nooks and crannies of Katsu well as the last 2 years I was selling in Artist Alley there and did not have a lot of time to wander around.

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:
Unread 12-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #14
lithe-fider
Mistress of DoubleHelix

OH by the way -

I am planning on doing a music video.

Tumblr post to reblog: http://lithefider.tumblr.com/post/71...otg-wanna-help

I have been meaning to do some serious cosplay music videos. I've been taking random con video and editing them to music forever (stuff like this, or this...), and I'm really good at editing, but I'd like to take some specific footage with just one fandom, as in made specific for parts of a pre-chosen song.

And now that I have a nice HD DSLR camera and made a fig rig, I really can actually take DECENT footage.

Any of you ROTG cosplayers who are not shy to be in it and will listen to a bit of direction are welcome to. I also especially NEED Sandy's and Jacks would would do Blackice or Blacksand-y shots with me. (I'm happy to film other pairings too!! But these are favs of mine and want most in the video)

I plan to do shooting after the ROTG shoots (mostly after the night ones), and in the afternoon when it is dusk on Saturday (more details as Katsucon comes closer).

Also if you got a friend who can film well (steady hands / artistic eye and isn't afraid to look silly) to help with the shots I have to be in (I'm cosplaying Pitch on Saturday), please please send them my way or bring them with you to the photoshoots / whenever we meet up.

Message me on tumblr or post on the cosplay.com thread. Heck if you are really into this idea we can exchange cel phone #'s so we can find each other at the con and set up some little shooting times. (I am serious about this).

The song I am planning on using is Krewella "I live for the Night" . That or Krewella's "Alive" cause I like both for what I am imagining, I'll have to see what is working out better. That or I can take footage for both a footage will be similar overall. I totally plan to have a mini speaker with my ipod to help people sync to certain parts too. (I'd originally wanted to do Rihanna's "Disturbia" but it'd require too much of myself in it as it is Pitch-centric and I don't have a dedicated filmographr )

I require some dancing yes, most of it is not super specific though so I am open to your awesome dancing ability. There are also some non dancing parts too so if you can't dance THAT IS OKAY.

And because I am trying to not get in trouble for copyright stuff on youtube, when I post it on youtube it will be without music, but I will link to a direct download off my webspace of the full video with the music (SO THEN YOU CAN OWN the final video too, yay!).

SUNDAY - Will (Hannibal)
Upcoming cons in 2014:

Last edited by lithe-fider : 12-26-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Unread 12-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #15
PLURnation333
Sampson the BAMFson

I'll be there for at least one or two of the photoshoots as Jack Frost. I'm also gonna come to the PJ party
Anna -- Frozen
Older Hiccup -- HTTYD 2

Previous Conventions:
Katsucon(x8) ; AUSA(x3) ; AMA(x2) ; Otakon(x1)
PLURnation333 is offline   Reply With Quote