Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 09-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Kelley
Devil of Details

Review of those $6 Chinese Binders on eBay

Link

Sorry to herd you offsite, but it was a pain to make that review as it was and I can't bring myself to re-format it (and I would have just been linking the pictures from there, anyway).

I'm also giving away the Small binder to anyone willing to pay shipping. You would have to be REALLY small to use it. Your ribcage would need to be less than 28" for starters. If you think it might work for you, please let me know.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Having bought a Tri-Top my size and not being able to put it on at ALL and having to go up a size and still having issue getting them over the larger bone structure shoulder every time I'm very intrigued by this model because of the side band closure.

I'm ordering the XXL one and cross my fingers that it works. But you didn't mention what size Tri-Top you use in the review to show hoe much of a size shew there is?

Unplugged Expo
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North (Nehelenia)
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Kelley
Devil of Details

Ah, I had to re-write my captions so it looks like the size of the Tri-Top got forgotten when I had to re-write them.

The Tri-Top is a size Small. *edited review*

I've heard some people say that they pull the tri-top over their hips - I tried it and it was about as easy for me as over the head although I felt like I was stretching it a lot in comparison and I was worried it would get stuck. I usually put it on one arm first, so that the side is on my upper arm, then I put the other arm in and pull it down on that side so that the body goes over my shoulder - holding it there while I put my head in and pull down - at that point it's bunched up around my under arms and I un-bunch it and roll it down. If I'm not careful sometimes it can be too bunched up to do that.

The side closure on the Chinese binder is a bit of a struggle, but not too bad - since you have to keep the hooks hooked and you have to be pulling the binder awkwardly so the closure is more in front and also twisting yourself and arms to get at it. Since the binder is not stretchy you cannot hook it and then pull it over your head - it would never stretch enough (tried it). If the binder is too small, it can be painful to re-adjust the closure to the side after fastening it.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #4
MelodyK

Ack, your link is broke! (I know it wasn't always broke because I'd looked at it before... and now I come back and it's not there. ) Can you repost? I was thinking of buying one and was going to check on what you said about sizing...

Thanks!

Past & current cosplays: Death (Sandman), fem!Sam Winchester (Supernatural), Eleventh Doctor (Doctor Who), genderbent!Haruhi (TMOHS), Tamaki (Ouran), Castiel (Supernatural), L (Deathnote)

Cosplay dreams: Takuto (Fullmoon wo Sagashite), Break (Pandora Hearts), Watanuki Kimihiro (xxxHolic), Ciel Phantomhive (Black Butler), nearly everyone from Pandora Hearts and Tsubasa
MelodyK is offline   Reply With Quote