Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime USA

Unread 09-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #61
belligerent
Viking Metal

You're not required to cosplay at all. This is cosplay.com, though, so most of us are into the cosplay aspect of conventions.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #62
DespairedPheonix
Elilicious

You're never *required* to wear a costume ^.^ There will be plenty of people out of costume looking around, as well
In the works: Dark Mousy, DNAngel | InuYasha, InuYasha

Facebook
| Deviantart
DespairedPheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #63
Sandninjer
Not a Ninja

Thanks again. Maybe I might come in dressed like a ninja just for Friday night, wear most of my Ninjutsu uniform just without the uwa-gi so I'm not displaying my patches in public, only problem would be finding another top at home to replace it. I guess it'd make sense to try and participate the whole time. I'll figure it out and whatever costume I decide I'll put up here for anyone that cares.
Sandninjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #64
Demyx
Cerulean Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandninjer View Post
Thanks for the info. I'm driving down from Delaware after work on Friday and probably won't make it there until around 9pm at the earliest. In the past, have AUSA cons been active late night (10pm+)?

Also, is it absolutely mandatory that you have to be dressed up in an actual anime character costume to walk in? I'd like to look around on Friday night but probably won't have time to dress up.
The con should definitely still be active well into the night, like I said it usually shuts down around 2am for most cons xD You can wear whateeeever you want, whether it's street clothes, a full costume, pieces of costumes, or whatever crazy nonsense you come up with. No one will judge you for it, lol, and in fact you'll be surprised by the sheer number of people you see doing just that and wearing whatever they please. The only time it matters if you're in costume is like say if you were to enter for actual Craftsmanship judging in a contest or something, otherwise you're totally fine.
  • Kuroko ( Kuroko no Basuke )
  • Nurse Medusa ( Soul Eater ) [ tentative ]
Demyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #65
Sandninjer
Not a Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demyx View Post
The con should definitely still be active well into the night, like I said it usually shuts down around 2am for most cons xD You can wear whateeeever you want, whether it's street clothes, a full costume, pieces of costumes, or whatever crazy nonsense you come up with. No one will judge you for it, lol, and in fact you'll be surprised by the sheer number of people you see doing just that and wearing whatever they please. The only time it matters if you're in costume is like say if you were to enter for actual Craftsmanship judging in a contest or something, otherwise you're totally fine.
Cool, well like I said I have absolutely no idea on what to expect so all the feedback here is much appreciated. Not sure I'll remember anyone when I get there considering I just joined the forum, but if you guys see a ninja on Friday night or a Kenshin Himura on Saturday, it might be me, so see you all then.
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #66
sazumebachi

My Cosplays
Thursday Pinkie Pie MLP
Friday's Cosplays Yuki Cross and Formal Trish (for the ball)
Saturday's Cosplays Akane Tendo and Trish from DMC (in the evening)
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #67
Sandninjer
Not a Ninja

Mentioned I'd provide an update when I finalize my costume. I've already mentioned I'll be Kenshin Himura on Saturday but when I get there late Friday night, I'll be wearing my actual ninja/ninjutsu uniform (minus the uwa-gi/the top) to keep it simple and quick since I'll get there late.
Unread 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #68
youngnozomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivelyIvy View Post
Not quite sure on the order yet, but ill be bringing:
Great Fairy LOZ
Malon LOZ
Yuuko Xxxholic
Yay! Another Clamp cosplayer!
I'm being Yukimura Sanada from Gate 7. Will probably have a sign to my back saying either "Ditzy" or "Klutz" and pretend I'm not aware of it.
I am bringing Pascal from Tales of Graces f, but I'm not sure if I'll actually wear it. Since I didn't have time to make the pouches.
Yusuke Urameshi from Yu Yu Hakusho

Cosplays I want to redo:
Alice from Tales of Sympohonia 2
Yukimura Sanada from Gate 7
youngnozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #69
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

I originally wasn't gonna go to this con, but I got a flight down to DC, so now I'm going lol
I'll be Captain Jack Sparrow as usual :P

Why is the rum gone?

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote