Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
ToxicMelodies
Nyan Nyan Neko Chan!

Lolita dresses... Which to choose?

Which looks best? Which should I get?

x the white dress x
x the black and red dress x

I'd also be wearing this wig.. Is it fine..?

And I want to wear contacts.. What color would be nice but not too crazy?

Last edited by ToxicMelodies : 09-14-2013 at 10:42 PM.
ToxicMelodies is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
konekoanni

Both dresses are lovely, but strapless can be difficult to work with. Neither are really ideal, but out of the two I think the white would be better--black and red is a pretty "ita" combination in most cases (even brand dresses that are black and red often look pretty silly). Don't forget that you'll need a blouse or cardigan to wear with the dress! I think a chiffon blouse or a knit bolero would be perfect, maybe something like this, this, or this.

For hair accessories, since it's a floral print, a flower crown or rose clips would be a nice simple beginner hairstyle. I would NOT wear the choker that comes with the dress. Pearl jewelry is classic and understated, unless you can find floral jewelry in the right colors to match. For your legs, lace tights are in style now so they should be easy to find, unless you want to invest in some good socks. Most "offbrand" socks have pretty bad lace, and brand-name socks aren't that expensive, so it might be a good idea to check the secondhand sales community for BABY or AP socks. Ivory OTKs would look nice! Shoes should be pretty self-explanatory--as long as you don't wear shoes a darker color than your blouse/cardigan, it will look fine.

The wig looks like it should be fine, and for contacts/circle lenses, any natural color will look fine as long as it's appropriate for your skin tone and natural eye color. With the blonde wig, I would try maybe a golden brown or violet (depending on what your natural eye color is).

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
ToxicMelodies
Nyan Nyan Neko Chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by konekoanni View Post
Both dresses are lovely, but strapless can be difficult to work with. Neither are really ideal, but out of the two I think the white would be better--black and red is a pretty "ita" combination in most cases (even brand dresses that are black and red often look pretty silly). Don't forget that you'll need a blouse or cardigan to wear with the dress! I think a chiffon blouse or a knit bolero would be perfect, maybe something like this, this, or this.

For hair accessories, since it's a floral print, a flower crown or rose clips would be a nice simple beginner hairstyle. I would NOT wear the choker that comes with the dress. Pearl jewelry is classic and understated, unless you can find floral jewelry in the right colors to match. For your legs, lace tights are in style now so they should be easy to find, unless you want to invest in some good socks. Most "offbrand" socks have pretty bad lace, and brand-name socks aren't that expensive, so it might be a good idea to check the secondhand sales community for BABY or AP socks. Ivory OTKs would look nice! Shoes should be pretty self-explanatory--as long as you don't wear shoes a darker color than your blouse/cardigan, it will look fine.

The wig looks like it should be fine, and for contacts/circle lenses, any natural color will look fine as long as it's appropriate for your skin tone and natural eye color. With the blonde wig, I would try maybe a golden brown or violet (depending on what your natural eye color is).
Alright thank you!, I was thinking about wearing this in cream over the dress and having these in the matte wine red, what do you think? Thank you for all of the suggestions, I'll definitely look more into the accessories and make-up to use and such!
ToxicMelodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #4
konekoanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicMelodies View Post
Alright thank you!, I was thinking about wearing this in cream over the dress and having these in the matte wine red, what do you think? Thank you for all of the suggestions, I'll definitely look more into the accessories and make-up to use and such!
The bolero and boots look great, good choices! You can get similar boots on Bodyline, if you don't want to wait for Qutieland. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, I'm always happy to help.

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Honesty, everything Konekoanni said is dead on here. I would look into bodyline as well, but for the love of cosplay, choose EMS shipping..It's more expennsive, but they refuse give a crap if you get your item or not if it's shipped Air Mail. They were very rude to me about it and told me they literally did not care if I didn't get my item because "If I wanted to make sure I got it i should have chose EMS, it's not their concern". But in a much less "american" way of saying it..Like, broken english, but the same basic sentence..
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote