Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 109 votes, 4.72 average.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #2626
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakaider View Post
I wouldn't call that matter as a "fact", but you are free, and it's your choice to believe that, if you want to.

You have the freedom of avoiding all travel to Japan & stay home if you wish, but for the rest of the people, as well as the rest of the the Olympic athletes, they also have the freedom to go to Japan in 2020, if they so wish. (It's your choice where you want to go, and it's their choice where they want to go.)

Personally, I remain skeptical of all those "All of Japan is radiated" stories. (If half of those "stories" are true, many of the manga & anime artists would start dropping like flies, and we would have a sudden serious shortage of anime & manga artists.)

I also have a good friend who doesn't live that far from Fukushima, and we keep in touch. (So far, he hasn't dropped dead yet from radiation poisoning or mutated into Godzilla.)
I don't believe so much that all of Japan is radiated as much as the amount of radation leaking is being under-reported.
I would also keep a good eye on your friend close to Fukushima because radiation is long term and many of the side effects of radiation poisoning don't occur until several years after ward especially if it is a low to moderate dose. 2 years is not enough time to see the whole effects of the radiation from a disaster like Fukushima.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2014 LA Anime Expo
2015 Anime LA

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Patterns Completed, Leather gauntlet cuffs and boot covers. Tunic Patterns Cut.
Hero's Shade: In the process of starting. 0% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #2627
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
I don't believe so much that all of Japan is radiated as much as the amount of radation leaking is being under-reported.
I would also keep a good eye on your friend close to Fukushima because radiation is long term and many of the side effects of radiation poisoning don't occur until several years after ward especially if it is a low to moderate dose. 2 years is not enough time to see the whole effects of the radiation from a disaster like Fukushima.
Well, I'll let you know when my friend turns into Godzilla or King Ghidorah. (But I won't say anything if he turns into a Kamen Rider.)

Last edited by Hakaider : 09-09-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Hakaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #2628
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Quote:
Well, I'll let you know when my friend turns into Godzilla or King Ghidorah. (But I won't say anything if he turns into a Kamen Rider.)
Oh if he does he's gotta do the poses and have some kick ass theme music.

Where I'm Heading Next!
Vox Reax Tour (August 16)
Miku Expo (October 11)

Wearing at Vox Reax Tour
Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan)

"With our powers combined we are cosplayers!"
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 01:21 AM   #2629
Angelic_Sabyne
SuperGal in Training!

Quote:
But what happens if he turns into a Pokemon instead? O.o

Facebook
Tumblr
Storenvy Shop

Upcoming 2014 Conventions

Anime Los Angeles
Anime Conji (?)
Fanime
Anime California (?)
Pacific Media Expo

'If at first you don't succeed, pull out the stitches, realign your fabric pieces, and sew it again.'
Angelic_Sabyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #2630
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
Oh if he does he's gotta do the poses and have some kick ass theme music.
If he does, I'll blast this music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_76uPUAgi4

And this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmt2V7yN45Y

Then I'll get him to do the 40th anniversary pose:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3BWYLWkEPU

Quote:
But what happens if he turns into a Pokemon instead? O.o
To quote Lord Darth Vader:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgZIYdFmZqc

Also, what's scary is that, the 1988 "Akira" anime movie, (Directed by directed by Katsuhiro Otomo, and written by Otomo and Izo Hashimoto) predicted correctly that the Olympics will be held in Tokyo in the year 2020.

http://kotaku.com/the-2020-tokyo-oly...-by-1276381444

On things of a different note, many of the DragonCon videos are now being posted onto YouTube, and I like these cosplay videos: (Sorry for gushing about it, but that con is like cosplay heaven, and my cosplay experience at AX didn't even come close. I really think the top management at AX should go over there & take a look at this con.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=tr6BxjrFBoE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNc9_qrDtag

And yes, some of their con hotel are already sold out for 2014. (It's THAT popular. It's soon going to become one of the biggest cosplay cons in North America. I've heard that their attendance level was somewhere between 57,000 to 68,000 for this year. )

http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=host_hotels_view

Last edited by Hakaider : 09-11-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #2631
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

Quote:
On things of a different note, many of the DragonCon videos are now being posted onto YouTube, and I like this one: (Sorry for gushing about it, but that con is like cosplay heaven, and my cosplay experience at AX didn't even come close. I really think the top management at AX should go over there & take a look at this con.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=tr6BxjrFBoE

And yes, some of their con hotel are already sold out for 2014. (It's THAT popular. It's soon going to become one of the biggest cosplay cons in North America. I've heard that their attendance level was somewhere between 57,000 to 68,000 for this year. )

http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=host_hotels_view
Dang it looks like so much fun, I will definitely have to attend it one year.

Where I'm Heading Next!
Vox Reax Tour (August 16)
Miku Expo (October 11)

Wearing at Vox Reax Tour
Hanji Zoe (Attack on Titan)

"With our powers combined we are cosplayers!"
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #2632
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
It seems like it is only going to be a matter of time before Dragoncon starts selling out like the San Diego Comic Con does now.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2014 LA Anime Expo
2015 Anime LA

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Patterns Completed, Leather gauntlet cuffs and boot covers. Tunic Patterns Cut.
Hero's Shade: In the process of starting. 0% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Jedi Link 3.0
Mewtwo
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #2633
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
It seems like it is only going to be a matter of time before Dragoncon starts selling out like the San Diego Comic Con does now.
I agree, but the difference between the two, is that Comic Con will be packed with bumper to bumper wall of people. Whereas at DragonCon, it'll be packed with a bumper to bumper wall of cosplayers.

Given the choice between the two, I would take the wall of cosplayers anyday. (And at Dragoncon, there's noone running around & trying to chase you down about peacebonding your prop.)

At certain times of the time of the day or night, the cosplayers at DragonCon would also outnumber the people in regular clothes.

Last edited by Hakaider : 09-10-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Unread 09-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #2634
Resident-chick
They canceled Ugly Betty

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on. I've been working on a blog, if you guys want, please go check it out uwu
Book of Life- La Muerte- 0%
Nightvale- Welcome to Nightvale- 0%
Resident-chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #2635
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
I agree, but the difference between the two, is that Comic Con will be packed with bumper to bumper wall of people. Whereas at DragonCon, it'll be packed with a bumper to bumper wall of cosplayers.

Given the choice between the two, I would take the wall of cosplayers anyday. (And at Dragoncon, there's noone running around & trying to chase you down about peacebonding your prop.)

At certain times of the time of the day or night, the cosplayers at DragonCon would also outnumber the people in regular clothes.
The thing with Dragon Con is that it's one of those cons where you have to dress up in order to have fun while at Comic Con, you can enjoy the entire con dressed up or not. A good chunk of the Comic Con attendees are people who just go to see celebs aka the fake geeks. While at Dragon Con, it's the hardcore bunch.

Today, I went walking and jogging up and down Harbor Island and even got to check out the Sheraton. The halls remind me of ALA where you have doors on both sides of the halls with events going on. I should have took a photo of the ballroom map because I could pretty much layout which room could be utilized for what purpose (That's if the SPJA rented out all halls and rooms).
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Wondercon - Did not attend
Anime Expo - Did not attend
San Diego Comic Con
Comikaze Expo
Long Beach Comic Con
Pacific Media Expo

Last edited by El_Duque : 09-12-2013 at 12:03 AM.
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:35 AM   #2636
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resident-chick View Post
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on. I've been working on a blog, if you guys want, please go check it out uwu
Nice blog! I just browsed through quickly, will give it a better look tomorrow when I'm not sleepy
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #2637
Hakaider
Sith Happens..

Quote:
The thing with Dragon Con is that it's one of those cons where you have to dress up in order to have fun while at Comic Con, you can enjoy the entire con dressed up or not. A good chunk of the Comic Con attendees are people who just go to see celebs aka the fake geeks. While at Dragon Con, it's the hardcore bunch.

Today, I went walking and jogging up and down Harbor Island and even got to check out the Sheraton. The halls remind me of ALA where you have doors on both sides of the halls with events going on. I should have took a photo of the ballroom map because I could pretty much layout which room could be utilized for what purpose (That's if the SPJA rented out all halls and rooms).
Ironically, I gotten some of my best autographs at DragonCon. It's where I gotten my autographs from William Shatner, (Star Trek's Captain Kirk) Leonard Nimoy, (Star Trek's Spock) Kate Mulgrew, (Star Trek's Captain Janeway) Karen Allen,(Who played Indiana Jones's girlfriend, Marion Ravenwood ) Patrick Stewart, (Star Trek's Capt Jean Luc Picard & Professor "X" from "X-Men") and Dirk Benedict. (The original "Star Buck" from BattleStar Galactica)

These were autographs that would have been next to impossible to obtain at Comic Con.

Some of the funniest panels that I've attended was the Leonard Nimoy & William Shatner panel at DragonCon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc5RapwXDL8

Stan Lee, and Tom Felton, (Who played Harry Potter's "Draco Malfoy") also came to DragonCon before.

I will say this though, DragonCon's dealer's room really sucks, and there's no elaborate displays or giant statues, big archways or movie props. (But people don't come to DC for the dealer's room.) Comic Con's tradeshow/Dealer's room is obviously one of the country's very best, and very few cons comes close to it.

Quote:
Welcome back, Resident-chick! (Nice blog by the way.)

Last edited by Hakaider : 09-12-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:15 AM   #2638
RichAndCreamy
Anime Conji Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post

I have the layout and room list right now but it is of course subject to change.

BUT I DO HAVE THIS SWEET TOUR OF THE VENUE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8EXfeTe0Ms

I'm @RichAndCreamy everywhere on the internets.
RichAndCreamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #2639
El_Duque
miyoshi82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichAndCreamy View Post
I have the layout and room list right now but it is of course subject to change.

Cool beans, it's like you read my mind. Excellent layout.
Twitter
2014 Possible Cons
Anime Conji - Done
Wondercon - Did not attend
Anime Expo - Did not attend
San Diego Comic Con
Comikaze Expo
Long Beach Comic Con
Pacific Media Expo
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #2640
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichAndCreamy View Post

Wow, nice layout...gorgeous hotel as well!
Sakura Con
Wonder Con
Anime Expo
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote