Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 09-15-2013, 10:30 PM   #1
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Thumbs up ShinkaStudiosCosplay

Name of Commissioner: Shinka Studios Cosplay

I normally take on prop-making myself, but when I saw this etsy site offering what appeared to be very high quality interface headsets (or plugsuit hairclips) from Evangelion, I decided to go ahead and let someone else do the work! I placed an order for a pair for my Asuka cosplay, and was told it would be about five to seven business days before it was mailed out. A week later and the package still hadn't been marked as shipped. I sent the seller a message, and he got back to me right away, saying that his shop was being moved and he was in the process of getting everything back together again. My con was still several weeks away, so I stayed patient.

A couple days later, and the order had been marked as shipped. I waited for another week or so, and when I still hadn't received the package, I sent the seller another message. Again, he was very quick to respond. It turned out that the housing he was staying in for an internship offered a mail service, but that it had been backed up since he'd dropped off the package, and hadn't bothered to notify any of the residents! He told me that he was incredibly sorry, and that he would deliver the package personally to the post office.

Within the next couple hours I had received a tracking number, been upgraded free of charge to 2-day priority mail, and within a day and a half, I had my hairclips! The seller told me that if there were any problems with the product after sitting downstairs for a week that he would send me a new pair asap, but luckily these clips are beautifully made and very durable. They secure into my wig with little metal combs screwed into the back, and were very easy to style around. The construction is flawless, with no bumps in the paint, and they seriously look like high-grade plastic casts. I'm very happy with them, and even though the shipping took a while, I understand that unforeseen problems can get in the way sometimes. There are many other types of props available in his Etsy shop, and I can only assume they are just as well made!

Pros: Amazing customer service, great communication, great construction of product, friendly

Cons: None really, I understand why it took so long!

Final Grade: A

Geek Media Expo
Mami | Satsuki (Override) | Satsuki (Nudist Beach) | Bertholdt
Shadocon
Satsuki (Nudist Beach) | Ymir | Seijuro
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir

schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote