Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #196
GodKing_Jedi

I would like to reiterate my sincerest and most genuine feeling and belief that DropsOfRain (along with others who offered their input, etc., since it was very much asked for and sought and appreciated by me, as the victimized customer who started this thread to begin with) has neither said nor done anything amiss, and certainly nothing for which he should be feeling sorry or regretful to the point where he would no longer wish or feel comfortable speaking up on what is, after all, a most grievously serious matter. I have looked at where the commissioner forum rules are laid out, and I have searched through many past threads as well, and nowhere have I seen any mention made that if someone doesn’t have any personal involvement or isn’t directly, personally affected by the matter at hand, then they can’t or shouldn’t be commenting on it. I have, certainly, seen many upon many past threads where comments and feedback have been offered freely, openly and countless times over by others who are not directly involved in the matter at hand (who don’t have the proverbial “horse in the race”, as it were, if I may use that turn of phrase), but who are moved to speak to it nonetheless. So....

I would sincerely ask, then, of DropsOfRain and of everyone else who has spoken up on these matters – if I may be so bold as to say, spoken up for me as one of the victimized customers, and for my rights therein – please continue offering me your feedback and comments....I ask for it, I entreat you for it, and I am truly and humbly appreciative of it. Were it not for you and, hence, were it not for others speaking up in this way, I would feel truly alone – and like I didn’t have any recourse whatsoever. (I know, of course, that such is not the case, but that is due in large part to the feedback I have received and that others have spoken up, to that end.)

I would, I fear, have come to feel all too unfortunately beaten-down and defeated, were it not for what I have heard back. I ask and implore you to please continue speaking up, and I welcome and appreciate – and also, need – your feedback and commentary on these matters. It has enabled me to know that I am not alone, and that has already helped more than I could find words to express. It has also ensured that I know what steps to next pursue, and what recourse I do in fact possess.

Now, then, as further particular update: I E-mailed the commissioner essentially what I posted here last night, laying out precisely and exactingly what I, as the customer, request – nothing less than that, given what I specifically laid out in the post and in the subsequent E-mail – and, really, the only way in which it can be ensured that further escalation of these matters will not be deemed necessary. I have received no response and, accordingly, will be beginning to take those steps which I very much wished I would not have to. But this cannot continue.

I am also extremely interested, as I am sure everyone else is herein, to know more of what has happened with Ketania’s situation; I feel simply dreadful for her, and if she is alright with it I would very much like her to keep us closely apprised. Certainly, I feel that is merited.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #197
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Please Know Godking_Jedi, that we are all supporting you. And I hope you and everyone will get this resolved. It's horrible that you were driven in to a corner like this and had to post this post at all. Please don't ever think that you are alone at all, all of you guy do not deserve this treatment.

I think it's absolutely of utmost importance, that we do keep the posts to a minimum though. I'll just post every 3 days or something. Even if no one posts we are all watching you and I'm sure most people would love to help you.

What she doing is hurting the cosplay community, damaging the relationship between cosplayers and commissioners and should be stopped before anything worse happens.
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #198
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

Are there any recent updates? It's been about a week now.

Camp Anime - September 2013
Connecticon - July 2014

My dA: http://owlity.deviantart.com/
Aloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #199
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloof View Post
Are there any recent updates? It's been about a week now.
She never responded to my E-mail in which I told her point-blank that I wanted her to cease all work on Loki immediately - that I did not care about the "painting and attaching" of the armour, which she claimed were supposedly all that remained to be done and the rest of it was thus supposedly "complete" (!!!) – I told her I wanted it sent to me now, as-is, effective immediately, otherwise I would be taking further action to rectify these matters. (particularly since, despite what she attempts to claim in her list, I never told her anywhere, at any point, that the "Thor 2" movie premiere was in fact the deadline for completion and receipt of the cosplay. I never stated such to her, so she made that decision all on her own without any consultation with the customer, which is also incredibly eggregious) We all know well what further action to which I refer.

I did not hear anything back from her, despite the fact that I am the paying, long-put-upon customer, etc., etc. – so quite clearly she does not care in the slightest about customer satisfaction – not that she ever did, it’s obvious – and even now she cares little to truly make things right. She is not even attempting to do the right thing. Yesterday she posted a little update on her FB page stating: “Shipping this week are Donnel and Journey. Next week, once I get my work schedule for the week, are Alexander and Shadow Lugia”. This statement, I will point out, directly contravenes what she posted earlier when she said, on September 9th: “Within the next seven days (today is September 9th), these commissions will be shipped:
-Journey Red variant
-Donnel from Fire Emblem”

You see the difference between then and now, of course, and the rather indicting difference at that. Then, it was “within the next seven days, these commissions will be shipped”; now, it’s “shipping this week”. It perhaps may seem a subtle difference to some, but I immediately picked up on it and I think it is very telling, very indicative indeed. What it tells me quite plainly is that Mykaios is attempting, yet again, to “shift the goalposts” in these matters – as she has done before ad nauseam. Because, again, she has demonstrated no real willingness whatsoever to accommodate the fully justified requests and demands of customers – she refuses to cooperate – and that refusal is very much being noted and taken into account with regards to the actions I am now pursuing.

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 09-18-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #200
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan <3

That's the same thing that happened to me with my wig commission. It got delayed, and then finally, I got it in the mail. It took several months, but I got it.

I feel sorry for you and others who have been waiting months and months. It's just simply not acceptable to hear these excuses again and again. There is absolutely no reason for it whatsoever.

Camp Anime - September 2013
Connecticon - July 2014

My dA: http://owlity.deviantart.com/
Aloof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #201
Kuroku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKing_Jedi View Post
She never responded to my E-mail in which I told her point-blank that I wanted her to cease all work on Loki immediately - that I did not care about the "painting and attaching" of the armour, which she claimed were supposedly all that remained to be done and the rest of it was thus supposedly "complete" (!!!) – I told her I wanted it sent to me now, as-is, effective immediately, otherwise I would be taking further action to rectify these matters. (particularly since, despite what she attempts to claim in her list, I never told her anywhere, at any point, that the "Thor 2" movie premiere was in fact the deadline for completion and receipt of the cosplay. I never stated such to her, so she made that decision all on her own without any consultation with the customer, which is also incredibly eggregious) We all know well what further action to which I refer.

I did not hear anything back from her, despite the fact that I am the paying, long-put-upon customer, etc., etc. – so quite clearly she does not care in the slightest about customer satisfaction – not that she ever did, it’s obvious – and even now she cares little to truly make things right. She is not even attempting to do the right thing. Yesterday she posted a little update on her FB page stating: “Shipping this week are Donnel and Journey. Next week, once I get my work schedule for the week, are Alexander and Shadow Lugia”. This statement, I will point out, directly contravenes what she posted earlier when she said, on September 9th: “Within the next seven days (today is September 9th), these commissions will be shipped:
-Journey Red variant

You see the difference between then and now, of course, and the rather indicting difference at that. Then, it was “within the next seven days, these commissions will be shipped”; now, it’s “shipping this week”. It perhaps may seem a subtle difference to some, but I immediately picked up on it and I think it is very telling, very indicative indeed. What it tells me quite plainly is that Mykaios is attempting, yet again, to “shift the goalposts” in these matters – as she has done before ad nauseam. Because, again, she has demonstrated no real willingness whatsoever to accommodate the fully justified requests and demands of customers – she refuses to cooperate – and that refusal is very much being noted and taken into account with regards to the actions I am now pursuing.
WHAT?!? OAO That's horrible! Does she not care the fact that she has already at least one crime report against her? You even offered a way out for her and she doesn't take it? Even the pride excuse doesn't cut it anymore. I would much rather fail a commission (and returning their items) then to be label a stammer and blacklisted.

And the "Shipping this week" comment, didn't she always done this? I will ship this within this [date]" At that date: "Oh, I'm shipping it this week"

Even if she did not have the e-mails, she did check the thread to respond to everyone so She would have seen your message about that too.
Kuroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #202
Skyefrost
Not Always Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKing_Jedi View Post

-Journey Red variant

(my sister was logged in so I accidentally answered on her account. )

That's horrible! You gave her the easy way out and she doesn't take it? Does she not know how much of a scammer she looks right now? And she keeps claiming that she isn't one.

"I'm going to be shipping them this week" = more of her delay tactics that she had been using for a while now. It's very inexcusable the way she's acting really.

Did she ever apologized? I have a feeling that all she ever said was,"Look, I know I mess up, {insert excuse here}"

*give you hug*
Skyefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:16 PM   #203
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

Spoke to her today,

Said that I will be getting one of my costumes shipped on Wednesday or Thursday. Getting it shipped to my hotel since I'm leaving Thursday morning.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #204
Wolfmeisterrr

Anyone receive anything yet?
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #205
Shadowken

Nope. Still no word on my costume. I updated her that i was moving and that's it. But that shouldn't stop her from making it.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:45 PM   #206
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

*sorry Endrea stayed logged on the computer*

Last edited by Endrea : 09-26-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #207
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

We're leaving for the hotel, I notified the hotel that I should he getting a package.

*Con list*
AWA - 2014
Momo Con - 2014
Dragon*Con - 2014
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:10 AM   #208
Wolfmeisterrr

anyone receive their items?
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #209
GodKing_Jedi

I spoke with Lycoris earlier today (she's going to post her own lengthy experiences) - but no, she didn't receive her cosplay at all, in time for her event this past weekend....despite, of course, all of Mykaios' earlier attempted claims and supposed "assurances" to the contrary (though those were never worth anything) and despite also that "schedule" she was supposedly going to keep to. Yet again, she did not, and now poor Lycoris has also bern equally misled, lied to and betrayed....and my heart just *aches* for her, as well. Yet again, however, I think - with this it is now made only ever more blatantly plain, the nature of the individual with whom we are dealing. Scam artist, pure and simple...one can reach no other conclusion but that. The rank dishonesty, disingenuousness, continued deception, false promises ad nauseam....it all just boggles the mind, truly!....
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #210
Kuroku

I get the feeling that she's going to put the "it must have been lost in the delivery process" excuse again, despite her acknowledging that she should be putting "insurance" on the deliveries. Or something about the shipping provider.

Still I'm not surprised and as of right now I'm pretty much swayed to stay away from this commissioner. There's just too much faults to list, too many chances given, and even further chances forced to be given, and she still doesn't deliver the service that is promised.

Just, wow.

Last edited by Kuroku : 11-06-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Kuroku is offline   Reply With Quote