Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Katsucon

Unread 08-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
khoshekh

Welcome to Night Vale 2k14

So me and my friend were planning on cosplaying WtNV at Katsucon (we're gonna be genderbent Cecil and Kevin), and wanted to set up a few meets for it, since its getting pretty popular and we are really hoping that there are lots of people cosplaying it at Katsu (especially since we saw some at Otakon this weekend!).

SO, any time and place suggestions would be good, we want at least one meet, and then one of those cute midnight pajama draw parties! We were also thinking of having a sweater party because come on it's gonna be winter and who doesn't love sweaters, so that's good too??

I'm thinking we have a meet on Friday? Maybe another on Saturday if enough people are interested or if it's more convenient! And then obviously the draw party thing will be at midnight, but I don't know which day is better? And I don't know where we should have them either, so I'd really appreciate suggestions.

Thanks little friends. uvu <3
khoshekh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

I'm planning a Kevin and might have a Cecil with me. But its just "planned" so I haven't even started it yet. I would totally be interested in a shoot.
pc_alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
LaReineRousse

Ahhh this is so exciting, I love WtNV! I don't think I'll be cosplaying it this coming Katsu but I'd be totally willing to take pics of people at a meetup :] I'm no photographer but I'm not incompetent with a camera lol

AUSA '14
Katsucon '15

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS:

Simca from Air Gear {FINISHED}
Sayaka from AKB0048 {FINISHED}
Sae from AKB0048 {95% Complete}
Eri from Love Live! {5% Complete}
Ninjette from Empowered {5% Complete}
LaReineRousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #4
Hope4love
*Insert clever title here

I'm planning on being a Big Rico's Pizza worker.
Hope4love is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Nightgem

I went to the Otakon shoot and it was AWESOME so I'd definitely be up for another. Not sure if I'll be cosplaying Night Vale myself, but the people I'm sharing a room with will be!

fem!Sherlock Holmes (BBC)
fem!Samifer
fem!Bones

Past Cosplays

Ritsuka Aoyogi
Fem!England
Ed (Cowboy Bebop)
Castiel
Haruhi Fujioka
Peter Pan
Nightgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:05 PM   #6
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

I'm cosplaying Cecil on Sunday and I'm gonna have a plush glow cloud that lights up as a prop :3 My friend Chibi is gonna be my Perfect Carlos. I might be able to switch it to friday though, depending on my and my friends' cosplay schedules!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
I'm cosplaying Cecil on Sunday and I'm gonna have a plush glow cloud that lights up as a prop :3 My friend Chibi is gonna be my Perfect Carlos. I might be able to switch it to friday though, depending on my and my friends' cosplay schedules!
I would be down for a Friday or Sunday (perfered) shoot. I'm forecasting that all my other fandoms are gonna be Saturday shoot so I would REALLY like to avoid a Saturday shoot for NightVale.
Unread 10-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
AlanaOwlet

I'm planning on doing a genderswapped Cecil and I'd love to meet up for a shoot! No preference on the day, but I agree that most stuff seems to happen on Saturday so Friday might be a better option.
Deviantart

Katsucon 2014
Klan Klang - Macross Frontier
Misty (Goldeen outfit) - Pokemon
Genderswapped Cecil - Welcome to Night Vale
Clefairy Gijinka - Pokemon
Harvest Goddess - Harvest Moon
AlanaOwlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

I prefer Sunday but I know a lot of people are packing up and checking out. So maybe Friday would be better (if we did a friday shoot "after school hours" might be a good idea) Please post with your preferred time and day and we'll see what we can come up with.

Does anyone have a preferred location?
Unread 10-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #10
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

^Frankly I'm with you about Sunday since then I wouldn't have to confer with my friend and switch up my schedule, but eh :/ I'll see how it goes
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

My brain went into "Lets work on your cosplay till 2AM" mode last night.

@_@ Well Kevin is now 90% done. I will definitely be there as him.
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
LaReineRousse

Awww man...now you guys make me want to cosplay a fem!Cecil.... le sigh...and I agree that a Friday or Sunday shoot would be best. Personally I would prefer a Friday shoot although I could probably make either.

Anyone have any cool location ideas? I'm thinking we should pick somewhere that kinda fits the Night Vale theme but idk...

AUSA '14
Katsucon '15

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS:

Simca from Air Gear {FINISHED}
Sayaka from AKB0048 {FINISHED}
Sae from AKB0048 {95% Complete}
Eri from Love Live! {5% Complete}
Ninjette from Empowered {5% Complete}
LaReineRousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaReineRousse View Post
Awww man...now you guys make me want to cosplay a fem!Cecil.... le sigh...and I agree that a Friday or Sunday shoot would be best. Personally I would prefer a Friday shoot although I could probably make either.

Anyone have any cool location ideas? I'm thinking we should pick somewhere that kinda fits the Night Vale theme but idk...
Nothing set in stone yet. Mattering how many people show interest we might switch days.

If we do Sunday what time would you guys be up for? I know check out it 11(?) so would you prefer an after check out time shoot? Like a one last shoot before heading home kind of thing?

If we do a Friday shoot, I would really like it to be "after school" so probably 5-6ish.

We can also do 2 shoots if we get enough people and we can't decide the when. Just throwing out ideas for now. We can always change stuff.

Location: Yeah, I'm trying to think of a location that kind of "fits the theme" but can't think of anything. I think the white of the Gazebo area will look really good against the purples (for the Cecils). I say Gazebo or doors across from the gazebo. (if we do a Sunday shoot this area won't be as crowded)
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #14
pc_alchemist
Lolita Princess

Just gonna bump this v-v

So lets do Sunday at the Gazebo but what time would you think would be best?

I'm not staying in the hotel so I'm not sure what is a good time for those that are.

How about I put us down for 11:30am? Check out at 11am, put things in the car, and meet right after for one last shoot before you go home! And I don't suspect any costumes will be uncomfortable so you can just drive home in them right after

I will go ahead and put us down for that in the meet up thread. Time, place, and location are always subject to change by suggestion. Remember nothing is set in stone!
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #15
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

That time should work for me ^^

Now I just have to finish my tentacle vest...