Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Unread 09-19-2013, 09:25 AM   #1
tsukeru

Only 5 add postings on marketplace?

Is there any way we can bump up the add postings per person? If I recalled, the old marketplace allowed more then 5 per person. I have a bunch of wigs I need to get rid of...
tsukeru is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #2
Ends Beginning
Onward Comrades!

IF they don't increase the amount what I did for multiple wigs was I made one listing for a few of them and in the description field I listed out the separate cost for each wig. You could try that.

Good Luck!

2014 Convention Schedule-
ConnectiCon -Hartford CT July 11-13
Another Anime Con - Manchester NH October 17-19

~Cosplay 2014 Progress~
Sinon (SAO:GGO) 30% done (Prop Hecate II and Wig finished)
Ends Beginning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Per the rules, I believe you're suppose to put them all in one listing anyway..that's what the rules said last time but no one really followed it..I did, but not many others..

However, I do find the 5 posts thing a little annoying.. what if you are a prop and wig commissioner, but also have cosplays, wigs, and props to sell. Then oh wait! They need something commissioned? Oh well, already have 5 posts, guess you won't get that ad up for needing something..kinda sucks and we should be allowed to make more.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
odinnightowl

honestly the best idea is to allow 1 post per topic that way you are free to post in each spot yes that may still be bad but it is better then 5 only total.
Unread 09-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Per the rules, I believe you're suppose to put them all in one listing anyway..that's what the rules said last time but no one really followed it..I did, but not many others..

However, I do find the 5 posts thing a little annoying.. what if you are a prop and wig commissioner, but also have cosplays, wigs, and props to sell. Then oh wait! They need something commissioned? Oh well, already have 5 posts, guess you won't get that ad up for needing something..kinda sucks and we should be allowed to make more.
Actually, that rule was made for the forums specifically, not the actual marketplace only due to people spamming the forums trying to sell things. The marketplace before the forums was this exact same set-up (though I, too, feel we were allowed more than 5 active ads) and had one "item" per ad (or that's how people chose to advertise then). After I re-read the rules, it doesn't specify in them whether to combine items or not -- I think that is up to the seller. This is also why they allowed 5 ads per person so people could sell multiple things. The downside about smushing everything in one ad is it is cluttered and hard to see...and only one photo shows as the main (title as well). So if you are selling multiple things, buyers really have to look at everything in one place (could be good or bad), or the just skip it completely. The plus side is more things can be offered in that one ad.

I'd like to be able to have more ads to sell things as well.

Last edited by angelbabycakes : 09-19-2013 at 04:01 PM.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #6
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

The old marketplace did indeed have a rule that multiple items were to be put in one posting, yet many people ignored this rule.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #7
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Yea, the old one did have that rule of multiple items in one ad only. Admin just never did anything about it. A lot of people were getting mad because their ad would be lost in like 5th page because people kept only putting one wig, or one cosplay per ad. I mean yea it happened in the forum too, but it was a huge issue with the old market. I specifically remember that rule because I followed it. And really this is a thread for the whole 5 ad rule thing now, so we shouldn't stray too far off that onto what the old rules were..But this 5 ad rule is really dumb..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #8
angelbabycakes
Scorchcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
The old marketplace did indeed have a rule that multiple items were to be put in one posting, yet many people ignored this rule.
Hmm. I don't remember it, lol. No one I can remember ever sold anything like that, just the forums is what I remember being that way. Crazy. I bought things all the time (never sold) and only one item was ever listed (with the exception of non-cosplay items and fabric). You'd think they'd mention it in these rules if it is supposed to be used that way. Seems more at the seller's discretion in this market place, or I am missing where it says to do so.

I am guessing the cap of 5 is to prevent spamming, but it would be great to have more.
angelbabycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #9
Hime no Toki
NiGHTmaren
Modoka Magica

Yes, it is for spam prevention. Thankfully it never seemed to be as much a problem on the marketplace than on the forums, but the rule is there regardless.

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Anime Weekend Atlanta (GA) - FandomCon (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
Hime no Toki is offline   Reply With Quote