Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3825 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #75616
Celestrina

1. Reminding my son he has to clean up before he has a sleepover at his best friend's house tonight while reminding myself what needs to be done before painting the dining room next week.

2. Looking for the jester's hat before we go to the renaissance faire tomorrow.
Celestrina is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #75617
belligerent
Viking Metal

It's not a great idea to post images of spiders whether they're real or not because people have legitimate phobias of them.

For example, my SO can't look at pictures of spiders unless they're the most cartoony of cartoony without experiencing panic attacks.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 12:43 PM   #75618
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
It's not a great idea to post images of spiders whether they're real or not because people have legitimate phobias of them.

For example, my SO can't look at pictures of spiders unless they're the most cartoony of cartoony without experiencing panic attacks.
I will end you so fast.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #75619
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Vaganova ballet is brutal. I miss RAD. And I feel bad for the woman I was behind/beside/in front of at the barre, she didn't know a THING (and had another beginner student in front of her, so not much to follow there). No turnout, no straight/pointed feet, no straight posture, arms everywhere, not even properly standing oriented to the barre. I can only hope she picked up a little more when she was behind me. It was just painful to look at.
I've taken a little bit of Vaganova and liked it, and love RAD. I just started at a Cecchetti school and think it's really weird.
I'm also somehow expected to know all of these combinations and it's just so weird. I don't like this style.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #75620
Clementine
I do as I please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
I've taken a little bit of Vaganova and liked it, and love RAD. I just started at a Cecchetti school and think it's really weird.
I'm also somehow expected to know all of these combinations and it's just so weird. I don't like this style.
All I can say is...

BALANCHINE GANG, RIDE OR DIE
Friday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Saturday: Satsuki Kiryuin (awakened Junketsu) (Kill La Kill)
Sunday: Kraehe (rehearsal outfit) (Princess Tutu)

Upcoming cosplays:
Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata) (30%)
Satsuki Kiryuin (Kill La Kill) (20%)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.
Clementine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #75621
Khorrupt

I took the ACT today, and well, I have mixed feelings about it.

Usually when I write essays, I like to appeal to my audience rather than actually be honest, but I didn't really know my audience for the ACT essay, and my topic was to discuss lawmaker's opposing views on whether products that could be potentially harmful to the public, like junk food or tanning beds, should be allowed to advertise.

Eh.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
~Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) - 0% complete
Khorrupt is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #75622
belligerent
Viking Metal

Quote:
I will end you so fast.
Either you or alcohol poisoning.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
Unread 09-21-2013, 04:09 PM   #75623
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Either you or alcohol poisoning.
Plot twist: I was the alcohol poisoning the whole time!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #75624
belligerent
Viking Metal

well FUCK..!!
Unread 09-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #75625
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Well, I've discovered that if I ever end up having surgery, I need to ask that I don't get any morphine.

Both my parents have had exactly the same adverse reaction to it, as of yesterday.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #75626
belligerent
Viking Metal

Just tell them to put it on the side for you and that way somebody else can have it.

(I hope your parents are okay!!!)
Unread 09-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #75627
fullbleed
Hello I'm Dr Cheeks

My friend is trying to kill herself again. If anyone lives in or near Connnecticut I urge you to contact me or my friend http://fffetusfatale.tumblr.com/post...s-in-or-around

Her name is Alicea, last name possibly Comfort, she lives in her car, by the docks, probably in Guildford near New Haven.

EDIT: if nothing just fucking signal boost that tumblr post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
Someone supply with a new descriptive label for Fullbleed. Hipster doesn't even cut it any more.

Last edited by fullbleed : 09-21-2013 at 06:47 PM.
fullbleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #75628
Bisected8
All glory to hypnoturtle!

Quote:
Just tell them to put it on the side for you and that way somebody else can have it.

(I hope your parents are okay!!!)
They're fine (my dad had the reaction a few years ago now), but my dad had to stay with my mum for about 9 hours until it wore off (basically it made her a bit paranoid).

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
Bisected8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #75629
farmerjonboy
Farmer Jon

Bombs go quack now .. that is all

Posted via Topify using Android
farmerjonboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #75630
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraxTsubasa View Post
Cecchetti is a very hard one to pick up if you're not doing it from a young age. My old dance school taught the adult classes in mostly RAD, but their graded/kid classes in Cecchetti. Probably because adults without ten+ years of dance behind them would never pick up everything in that method. My main difficulty in going from RAD to Vaganova is the weirder arm positions and the different numbering of them. I had no bloody idea what she was talking about at first when she said third position (meaning the fifth, and I went from second to fifth to an arabesque within five seconds....). The school I'm in now is all Vaganova ballet. Complete with Russian teachers.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 09-21-2013 at 09:59 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote