Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 09-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
TheCosplayFox
What the hell?

how much weight is healthy to loose weekly?

I gained a ton of weight for multiple reasons and I've been work back to working out and eating a million times better. I used to eat all organic l vegan home made food then I started working more and k also changed my meds so I gained. Right now I'm at 150 and its been 5 days of excersise and I just lost 6lbsits prob water weight though right?

I just want to know for someone my size how much is to much to loose weekly ideally I'd like to get back to my regular weight of 114. How shoukd I pace myself?
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #2
lemuries

People tell me that I should lose no more than 2 lbs a week if I want to keep it off. I was able to do a half a pound a day for my wedding (55 lb total), but I was cold ALL THE TIME and had terrible foot cramps from malnutrition.

The first 6-8 lbs are primarily water, as you said. After that, you have to really earn those losses. I always get really excited during the first period ("wow, at this rate, I'll be done in just X months!"), and then the losses peter out and I really have to knuckle down and find my caloric sweet spot to get going again.

-Laurel
lemuries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #3
Arbite
Shut up and move!

Aim for a pound a week. A 500cal deficit will total 3500cal per week, which is roughly a pound of fat.
Arbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #4
konekoanni

1-2 lbs a week is perfectly reasonable, though if you are seriously overweight/obese then you can probably get away with losing a bit more at a time--people tell me that it's easier to lose fast when you've got a lot to lose, but it slows down as you get thinner (because you constantly have to adjust intake and so on; after all, the last five pounds are the hardest). Like Arbite said, a pound of fat is roughly 3500 calories, and a deficit of 500 is usually recommended, but if your current TDEE is very high, you may be able to cut more successfully (just remember to never go below 1200 calories a day unless you are a petite woman).

Good luck!

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 40% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - Anime Conji 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 15% - AX 2014

The Fashionable Cupcake
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #5
Antifreeze

Most would say that it is healthiest to lose 2lbs or 1kg a week. However, that is what your weight loss pattern should look like. You will not necessarily lose that much weight every week. However, when you average out the number of weeks and the amount of time you will lose that much weight.
Antifreeze is offline   Reply With Quote