Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4006 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:26 AM   #75631
belligerent
Viking Metal

hella bored. Probably a bad idea to alleviate boredom by additional drinking. why is nobody ever entertaining skdfhksjdfkh
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark, Nephrite, Sha Gojyo
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Saionji Kyoichi, Tatewaki Kuno, Nakago
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #75632
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Oh sure co worker, I can work a couple extra hours, 14 hour shifts with little sleep are cool, are you gonna make it up to me? No?

Big surprise.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #75633
Yuni_and_Cirno
Chirumiru v2

Just finished a costume, though it isn't as well made as it could be.
I also need to do my homework, but I don't feel like it.

I can't wait until next thursday when I get on a plane to go to AWA.

Upcoming Cosplay
Lord Helix 80% for SC
Yuuka Kazami 90% for SC
Mary (Ib) On Hold
Recette (Recettear) - planning / On hold
Luna Lovegood (Harry Potter) - planning / On hold
Koakuma (Touhou Project) - planning / On hold

"You're just as sane as I am."
Yuni_and_Cirno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #75634
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oi. What am I getting myself into with stretch velvet...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #75635
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
Oh sure co worker, I can work a couple extra hours, 14 hour shifts with little sleep are cool, are you gonna make it up to me? No?

Big surprise.
Me @ Barnes and Noble.

It was fine for me to take everyone else's shifts but the scant few times I needed a shift taken no one would come forward.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #75636
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine View Post
All I can say is...

BALANCHINE GANG, RIDE OR DIE
I've never taken Balanchine! D:
One girl from my school got into SAB and originally wasn't going to go JUST because if she started doing Balanchine, it'd be hard to go back to RAD.

Needless to say though, she ended up going. I wish I had gotten to talk to her about it though....

I didn't see so many people from home before leaving because I went to intermediate classes instead of advanced even though I totally would have been allowed to....that was a mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Cecchetti is a very hard one to pick up if you're not doing it from a young age. My old dance school taught the adult classes in mostly RAD, but their graded/kid classes in Cecchetti. Probably because adults without ten+ years of dance behind them would never pick up everything in that method. My main difficulty in going from RAD to Vaganova is the weirder arm positions and the different numbering of them. I had no bloody idea what she was talking about at first when she said third position (meaning the fifth, and I went from second to fifth to an arabesque within five seconds....). The school I'm in now is all Vaganova ballet. Complete with Russian teachers.
Yeah, I can see that.
Also I really hate hearing "fifth middle" or "fifth high."

But yeah Russian teachers are the best. Although I wasn't too keen on mine when there were beginners in the class.

You guys are making me really miss home.
I really hate starting over........though ballroom has been fun.

Visit my Facebook page!
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #75637
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I just tried to see if I could hang eight and a half yards of 60" wide stretch velvet on my laundry rack.
..............nnnnnnnnnnnope. It failed hard. I am SO glad the dryer has an air-dry option, because that'll have to be what I use to dry it.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #75638
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

I just want to say, I am so glad, each and every day, that there is is option to remain facebook friends with someone yet keep their BS from showing up on your feed.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #75639
Lydialulu
lydialulu

Been making a website/blog for my cosplays all day! customization is too much fun :3

Margaery Tyrell (intro dress)

Elsa (Frozen) ?

Lydialulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #75640
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Sigh. I'm bored. I'm torn between opening that Isaac Asimov novel I bought last week, wasting more time on the laptop, or making a master construction list. (I really don't get what's with me buying books and often never reading them.... I bought Neuromancer well over a year ago and I've picked it up twice. I'm about a third done. And I have several manga still in their shrinkwrap from two years ago.)
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #75641
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

fuck bio lab write ups
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #75642
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Birthday went great! I got sunburned around my eyes though.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #75643
mmmeggg
I do as I please.

Got off work an hour early today. My next paycheck is gonna be around $150 so I'm majorly looking forward to that. Plus I'm getting $200 from my parents for my birthday in a week and a half, which is all going toward having my Mikasa cosplay commissioned plus the wig and boots. Hella stoked.
Friday: Battle Bunny Riven (League of Legends)
Saturday: Kraehe (Swan Lake variation) (Princess Tutu)
Sunday: Meg Masters (Supernatural)

Queen bitch.
Slytherin.
You can call me Meg.
I like RoosterTeeth, indie music and poetry, and American Spirit menthols.

Formerly Clementine.
mmmeggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #75644
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Craaaaaaaaap. I need to quite watching youtube MVs this late at night. It gets me into hyper con/cosplay mode and makes me want to fire up the sewing machine (at last... been putting it off a few weeks). But I have roommates who DON'T have Mondays off.
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #75645
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Recap of my 3 days back in America:
-Came back to a messy apartment, because Carrie's business partner decided to live at our place for a few days and not clean. YAYYYY!
- :F drive was dead in the PC. It was old, but working fine when we left. Also see my computer desk, which I managed to fix after a trip to the Home Depot.
- Tech Support for my mom, which is the worst.
-UGH football. Messy week for me fantasy wise.
-Back to work. UGH WORK. Let's overthrow the world's governments y'all.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote