Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #151
th3kru5her

If anyone is looking for filling calorie sparse foods, here's a list:

- Skinless Chicken Breast (No marinade! :3)
- Tuna & Mayonnaise (Trim mayo, 2 forkfuls per 100g of tuna)
- Broccoli (Seriously. This stuff is amazing. I eat 5lb of broccoli a week - at least)
- Egg whites! (I have 8 a day)

- Black coffee is your friend :| Srs. (Ew, but yes.)

Pro-tip: Don't snack. At all. Set out eating plans that space your meals roughly 4 hours apart. There's a lot of calories in "snacks" and this can derail your diet. You also eat more than you realize with snacking.
th3kru5her is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #152
Kikoem848

I have the same problem..

Unfortunately, I'm having the same problem. I'm 18 years old and weight about 145 lbs. I really really am aiming to be around 120 in the very least and have a tummy as well. I suppose it's understandable for my weight, but even when I was skinnier, I still had that tummy. No idea how to get rid of it and lose weight at the same time. Everybody is saying to excersize(sp?) and such but they weren't exactly specific in a solid routine that actually works.

I'm generally a lazy person, a gamer and an artist and such that doesn't exactly move around as much and so on. What I meant by being specific is like, what kinda excersizes, and how any reps and so on and so forth. I'm clueless.
Kikoem848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #153
LudiInvalidi
The Real Hero of Time

Hi! I'm 17 and weigh about 125. I would like to be down to between 110-115. I am pretty active but i would love to get toned up and get rid of a little bit of tummy I have and shape that up :3 if anyone has some good ideas for me. And I know that diet changes are usually a must but I eat only 2 times a day. 3 at the most because of my schedule. When I have time to snack it's usually on fruit and vegetables. So i don't think I would be able to change my diet. Thanks for any help you can offer ^.^

Finished Cosplays
Ash Ketchum
Upcoming/Working On
Haru - OHSHC |Not Started|
Link - Twilight Princess |Not Started|
Toan - Dark Cloud |Currently Working On|
LudiInvalidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 03:08 AM   #154
KickAssGirl

tummy tighten

check out my youtube channel for tummy tightening tips
www.youtube.com/elektraknight

keep in mind that diet plays a huge part in tummy results
KickAssGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #155
TenSuitConverse
Kawaii Kage

I'm 5'10" 140 lbs. I'm mainly wanting to tighten up my tummy muscles. There's a small pooch, but nothing major. I mainly want to get my ab muscles back from my dance days. Should I put in a diet (I'm away from home near 12 hours every day) or can Ido this through exercise alone? I'm planning on doing some old core exercises I used to do: crunches, obliques, bicycles, leg raises, planks, and anything else I remember. Any advice?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
TenSuitConverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #156
nikkiolie

Getting a flat stomach is 75% diet and 25% workout (rough numbers, main thing is that it is mainly diet). Doing a bunch of ab workouts only build muscle UNDER the fat and can make your stomach look bigger since the muscle will be getting bigger without losing the fat. If you just have a little pudge I suggest focusing on diet and eating cleanly. No soda, cut down your sodium intake, limit junk food, all that fun stuff.

Next cons:
Sakuracon '14
Kumoricon '14
Newcon '14
nikkiolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #157
Danteisagenius
Opportunity Calls

Okay, so I didn't read all eleven of the previous pages, so if someone else has already mentioned this, I apologize. I have the same problem, only, its not REALLY a problem, its just natural; my belly bulges a bit at the lower ab area despite having "lady-abs" and having been severely underweight (80-some lb I believe.) No matter how hard it may be to hear this, some of us are just shaped differently than others and there is nothing we can do to change that. Think of it as taking a large image of yourself and shrinking it down to 80% of its original size; you will still have the same bodily proportions, only shrunken to 80% of their original size. Sure you can gain more muscle through exercise and, if done right, watching what you eat, but you can't change how/where your body decides to fill itself out. I hope this makes sense. I mean, I don't like to hear the "your beautiful the way you are" feel-good stuff either, but the bottom line is that you shouldn't beat yourself up over your body image. I'm being a bit of a hypocrite by saying that, but seriously; being underweight is already bad enough for your health. Go for happy & healthy, not skinny and miserable. I'm no doctor (I do hope to be a Nutritionist someday though), and I am struggling with a similar issue, and GOSH I wish what we want is possible, but I know from experience that its not and its NOT worth it.

- sincerely, the Opportunist.

2014 Projects (Clickable):
-Yoichi Hiruma Genderbend (Eyeshield 21)
-Vergil Genderbend (Devil May Cry 3)

__________________________________________________ _____________
My Webpages:

Facebook (Where I actually update my photos...)
World Cosplay
CosCure
Danteisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #158
Goldaloha1

Start slow add 5 everyday but skip doing them every 4th day of the week when you get to a satisfactory number (I suggest stopping at 50) just continue this everyday except for the 4th day because you don't want to strain your muscles to much.
Goldaloha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #159
TwilightRoxas

Came across this thread and thought it couldn't hurt to get some opinions on this...

Due to severe illness and two surgeries on my tummy; I'm now quite underweight but also developing a bit of a tummy.
The surgery was back in January but it was pretty much as severe of a surgery as you could imagine on the tummy and so I was told not to strain it too heavily for at least a year or two.
This has left me in a bit of a predicament as for two reasons now my tummy has gotten quite a bit larger while the rest of me has remains overall pretty skinny; the surgery has resulted in some swelling but also as the illness and surgery is nutrition related it has resulted in a sudden weight gain but only within the tummy area.
Before the surgery it was literally impossible for me to gain weight, the hospital tried everything, I was age 18 and weighed 31kgs, now I've had the surgery and my body can process nutrients correctly but it's only adding weight to my tummy.

So I'd be interested to hear what you guys would recommend (I would ask my consultant or nutritionist but they're totally useless ._.)

A change in diet is an option, but I have to be careful that I don't stop gaining weight all together. I'll be honest and say I don't have the most healthy of diets, lets just say oven chips are a daily occurrence. But if they're are very specific foods that often cause tummy bloating then I could look into avoiding those.

When it comes to exercise I currently go from one extreme to the other; during the day I'm at work in a warehouse carrying boxes and walking around constantly, then I get home and I'll basically not leave my pc for the rest of the night.
I also have very limited choice when it comes to exercise as again I can't put too much strain on my tummy & due to the illness I was malnutritioned for around 5-10 years and so I have ridiculously weak muscles and bones.

I'd really like to work on this somehow as it's causing me to be quite self conscious when deciding which characters to cosplay.

I hope you guys like a challenge. :3
TwilightRoxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #160
RockBomber
RockBomber

First post!!!
Eat lean meat and make sure you have protein before and after you workout/exercise. Try to avoid high intake in carbs, sugars, and fat. Like everyone else said... main portion for losing weight is diet and for toning is exercising. Try to loose weight gradually and not too fast so you can tone while loosing weight. Crash diets don't work that well because when you start eating again you will just gain...
My advice! Eat less fat, carbs and sugars. Try to eat little meals throughout the day and make sure you eat breakfast. High intensity workouts work best. Sprinting, not jogging. Squat jumps or other jump type workouts. When lifting weights, make sure that you can lift it safely and that its not too easy. Your last rep should be very hard by the time you get to it. Crunches and situps to the least in making your stomach slim. It will strengthen your stomach which is also good.
RockBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM   #161
MaiCosplay

i conjured up this blog, I think it might be useful.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 02-23-2014 at 10:23 PM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2014, 04:27 AM   #162
Maddy Cool

Nothing to worry about, take a healthy diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid unhealthy cholesterol in form of fast food and drink a lot of water. You'll find yourself fit soon.
Maddy Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #163
alitwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy Cool View Post
Nothing to worry about, take a healthy diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid unhealthy cholesterol in form of fast food and drink a lot of water. You'll find yourself fit soon.
That seems very hopeful. Thanks for the tips!
alitwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2014, 07:55 PM   #164
ShezgottaSmilez

*sets up camp
ShezgottaSmilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2014, 03:59 PM   #165
Atobe333
Overlord

It could also be poor posture, I've found that doing yoga for my lower abs and hips has tightened up my tummy a bit. So I think some of my pooch problems was weak floppy muscles? I know some of it is most likely fat too but my stomach does feel firmer and flatter since doing some of the yoga moves for strengthening core
Atobe333 is offline   Reply With Quote