Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 49 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #436
silver-kyoko

My Applejack wig just came in today! Now it's all done.

Korra (Book 1 Ver.) - 20%
Link (Wind Waker ver.) - 30%

Events I'm going to

Summer Matsuri 2014

Another Anime Con 2014

Other Profiles

silver-kyoko is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #437
Feysera
I'd rather be Lois Lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilleathome View Post
Hey guys. I just started getting into My little Pony. My friend is making me a Canterlot wedding cosplay as she wanted someone to cosplay with her(Shes doing Queen Chrysalis). Since then Ive discovered a Pinky Pie Cancan/Burlesque episode and I really want to do this as Ive done a Burlesque Skirt before for my Ciel Cosplay. The only thing is Ive seen people call it both a can can dress AND a Burlesque dress and both are VERY Different. I Do think I could make it much prettier as a Burlesque cosplay than a Can can cosplay as I could do a gorgeous Burlesque Skirt with the top ruffle just on the back having feathers on it like hers is. and I dont want to make it overly sexual either(Plus im big im not walking around in underwear XD) So was thinking I could make cute black ruffled pantaloons(mid thigh short sized) and Probably an underbust corset. What do you guys think?

This is the cartoon reference

This is the kind of skirt I could make and have the top of it with purple feathers.

Kinda more like a semi vintage Burlesque type dancer mixed with more modern

And for the pantaloons it would be something like these but black maybe a little bit shorter(Mid knee instead of to the knee and id have a bustier)

Theres also the actual can can dancers but those unless you have your skirt hyked up all day just looks like a regular dress lol.

Suggestions really welcome! I think it would be a fun cute cosplay to do for next year that way id have a year to work on it since ive never made a corset. And I want something fun to work on and make from scratch for the costume contest
Personally, I prefer a Burlesque look, but that's due to my preference. c:
Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #438
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Cadance is coming along pretty well; I'm thinking she will be good for AB. But I'm now toying with the idea of also putting together a foalsitter Cadance cosplay. I especially want to do this after reading the latest MLP comic book. Sooo cute. Anyhow, I've been looking at all kinds of different 80's fashion, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do (just going to head to Savers). I just can't figure out what to do for her cutie mark. I made a necklace for Princess Cadance, but it's way too fancy for foalsitter Cadance. I was thinking some kind of jewelry but haven't decided what just yet.
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #439
Hello Goodbye

Soooo, I am going to have my horse cosplay Rainbow Dash for a Halloween costume horse show I have done costumes for horses before, so I have that under control, but I can't decide what I should be. Basically, at the horse show, the horse and rider both wear a costume, and everyone kind of parades around. You can lead your horse, but I would rather ride. I was thinking doing a human version of Tank the tortoise. Or maybe even human Apple Jack, but the scale might be kind of weird (at least for those unfamiliar with the Poison Joke episode ...)

Anyone have any ideas? The other thing is that I have to be wearing a riding helmet, so anything with a wig is non ideal. Normally I tuck all my hair up under my helmet in a hair net, but I can leave it down depending on what I go as (I'm blonde). Thanks!
Tamaki Suoh-Ouran Highschool Host Club (Complete!)
Haru-Tsuritama (Complete!)
Minami (Avatar!)- Baka and Test (10% Complete)
Other Ideas: Crona (Soul Eater),Lavi (D. Gray Man),Ginko (Mushi-shi), Finny (Black Butler), Kyo (Fruits Basket), Sue (Clover)
Hello Goodbye is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #440
Swiftstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello Goodbye View Post
Soooo, I am going to have my horse cosplay Rainbow Dash for a Halloween costume horse show ....
I think thank would be fun especially since i'm pretty sure his design includes a helment for when he's 'flying :3

So my own conundrum:

My sister and I want to do ballgowns/magical girl dresses for Twilight and Fluttershy and the design i have for twilight is totally 100% doable i know how to tackle that

fluttershy on the other hand.
i'm thinking it's a green top portion and a pink underskirt but the underskirts shape is the part that has me stuck.
see I want it to go in a little like well, a tulip xD
and have no idea how to handle that
obviously I could forgo that design element with a petticoat or mini hoop skrt but my sister really likes it that way.
help?
Unread 09-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #441
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalbakaness View Post
Cadance is coming along pretty well; I'm thinking she will be good for AB. But I'm now toying with the idea of also putting together a foalsitter Cadance cosplay. I especially want to do this after reading the latest MLP comic book. Sooo cute. Anyhow, I've been looking at all kinds of different 80's fashion, and I think I have a pretty good idea of what to do (just going to head to Savers). I just can't figure out what to do for her cutie mark. I made a necklace for Princess Cadance, but it's way too fancy for foalsitter Cadance. I was thinking some kind of jewelry but haven't decided what just yet.
Given you're doing a foalsitter, I would imagine that she would wear something as simple as possible and forego jewelry so she can better chase after a foal.

Why not put the cutie mark on a Tshirt or on the back pocket of a pair of pants?

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Tigress : 09-30-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Stupid auto correct on my phone.
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 06:54 AM   #442
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
Given you're doing foalsitter, I would imagine that she would wear something as simple as possible and forego jewelry so she can better change after a foal.

Why no put the cutie mark on a Tshirt or on the back pocket of a pair of pants?
That could work, but I wanted to go for a very 80's look. But maybe that will be the simplest way to go seeing as I'm planning to use it as my "easy" cosplay for the con.
Unread 09-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #443
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Quote:
That could work, but I wanted to go for a very 80's look. But maybe that will be the simplest way to go seeing as I'm planning to use it as my "easy" cosplay for the con.
80s? Maybe do a side ponytail for the wig? Tanktop with oversized, cut-off Tshirt (with cutie mark front and center) and pulled over one shoulder? Plaid skirt and leggings? Chunky socks and sneakers?

Or you can go with the look from "I Was a Teenage Babysitter"?

Just throwing ideas out there. :3

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #444
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
80s? Maybe do a side ponytail for the wig? Tanktop with oversized, cut-off Tshirt (with cutie mark front and center) and pulled over one shoulder? Plaid skirt and leggings? Chunky socks and sneakers?

Or you can go with the look from "I Was a Teenage Babysitter"?

Just throwing ideas out there. :3
Ha, you basically described what I was planning. The cutie mark on the shirt might be the way to go, though I may try to incorporate it into some form of a hair accessory or what-not. Will have to see as it progresses (if it progresses).
Maybe when the next comic comes out I will get more ideas ^^
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #445
Braeburn-Apple

Always nice to find other fans here! I'm currently working on a Braeburn cosplay, but I'm having trouble finding a good yellow shirt and boots.
Unread 09-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #446
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeburn-Apple View Post
Always nice to find other fans here! I'm currently working on a Braeburn cosplay, but I'm having trouble finding a good yellow shirt and boots.
Awesome! Can't wait to see how he comes out! ^^
Unread 09-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #447
Braeburn-Apple

Quote:
Awesome! Can't wait to see how he comes out! ^^
Thanks! Already took my first pic here: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3438910/
Unread 10-01-2013, 10:43 AM   #448
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Until I can get a Pinkie Pie wig for my niece, she has been cosplaying as Fluttershy and she owns this pretty yellow dress so we decided to use it and I made her wings (didn't have time to make her ears for the gathering) But I was wondering if you can help me think of different was of making this outfit better? My niece was thinking about adding flowers to the wig.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3436613/

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #449
TigerLily1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post
Until I can get a Pinkie Pie wig for my niece, she has been cosplaying as Fluttershy and she owns this pretty yellow dress so we decided to use it and I made her wings (didn't have time to make her ears for the gathering) But I was wondering if you can help me think of different was of making this outfit better? My niece was thinking about adding flowers to the wig.

Maybe make an Angel for her to carry around in a backset with flowers
Sakura Con 2015

Cosplays
Erza
Fem! Natsu
Fem! Laxus
Fem! Gajeel
TigerLily1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #450
SleepingDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkPwnsGanon View Post

First YOUR NIECE IS ADORABLE!

Now on to the wig. I'm guessing that is an adult sized wig? It's a little overwhelming her face. I think she's onto something with the flowers. Personally I would try a yellow ribbon or yellow headband put a few flowers on it then dot a few throughout the braid for some color pop. Then it wouldn't be so much hair and break up the color so her face is the focal point. An up her cuteness levels!