Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #601
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Hahahaha wow, that is some INCREDIBLY cheesy fabric!! I love it! It looks very comfy, too. The gold trim looks especially nice. Great work, Tetsuya! Thanks for sharing it with us.

--

At long last, someone has begun unfolding the 3D model of Barnaby's suit for pepakura!! I can't remember if anyone else has been waiting for Bunny's pep files, but just in case, you can find what CrimsonAether has begun on The RPF forums. He's the same guy that unfolded Wild Tiger's suit. Right now he's only got the helmet unfolded, but he's working on the rest and is aiming to have it done sometime in November I think. I'm so excited! I wish I could print out the helmet now and try putting it together as a test run, but alas, our printer is out of ink and we're about to get rid of the printer anyway.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #602
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Hahahaha wow, that is some INCREDIBLY cheesy fabric!! I love it! It looks very comfy, too. The gold trim looks especially nice. Great work, Tetsuya! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Cool enough to wear to a convention?
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #603
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TETSUYA_CASSHER View Post
Cool enough to wear to a convention?
Of course! I don't see why not!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #604
TETSUYA_CASSHER
Zentai is fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
Of course! I don't see why not!
Thank you, it is really a comfy costume.
TETSUYA_CASSHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #605
Crimson_Aether
I have a lot to do :(

Hello Everyone!

I haven't been on this forum in forever, but I thought I'd pop in to see how this thread is doing. I've been hanging around theRPF for a lot of my costuming needs and found a very helpful Tiger & Bunny Thread. It helped me out a lot and made me want to dive into the process of pepakura. I don't know if you guys know this, but I made Some Wild Tiger pepakura files! At the moment, I am also in the process of unfolding Bunny's pepakura files, but it's going to take me some time to complete that.
Crimson_Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #606
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Aether View Post
Hello Everyone!

I haven't been on this forum in forever, but I thought I'd pop in to see how this thread is doing. I've been hanging around theRPF for a lot of my costuming needs and found a very helpful Tiger & Bunny Thread. It helped me out a lot and made me want to dive into the process of pepakura. I don't know if you guys know this, but I made Some Wild Tiger pepakura files! At the moment, I am also in the process of unfolding Bunny's pepakura files, but it's going to take me some time to complete that.
Hey, there's a familiar face! Welcome to the Cospaly.com T&B thread! I've actually linked to your pep unfold posts here since it seemed like very few in this thread were on RPF, haha. I don't think anyone's started using them yet though. This thread's been pretty quiet in general for a while.

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM   #607
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Man, this thread just totally dropped dead! Is anyone currently working on any T&B costumes? I myself have not made any headway on Barnaby for months, but I've also been waiting for things to stabilize before I can move forward. And now that jobs have been secured and begun as of this week, I should actually be able to take the next steps now. I'm thinking tomorrow I would like to go out and get cardstock so I can get started on pepakura work.

I would love to hear from others! Maybe we can get this thread kicking again.

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 01-30-2013, 01:24 AM   #608
Crimson_Aether
I have a lot to do :(

Glad to hear that things have stabilized for you and you're going to start on your costume

I myself haven't done much towards making anything new, but I am looking to repair my Wild Tiger costume so I can wear it to AOD in February. A few things ripped off and I wanted to redo my helmet because that also looks like crap. I have less than two weeks to do it, so I need to get on the ball. I'll post up some pics some time to share.

Upcoming projects:
Barnaby Brooks Jr. Hero Suit(Bunny)
Wild Tiger Hero Suit v.2
Ridley (Metroid Series)
Crimson_Aether is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #609
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

lol I don't know how long your title has been that way, but it made me laugh. Good luck with getting your repairs done in time! Cosplay crunch time is never a good time.

--

I was able to print out my little pauldron unfold to see if it would even work. It did! So that's good, but it's very small. I need to scale it to about 3x larger. Blah. At least it didn't take me long to put together, and now I know measurements in Pepakura Designer apparently mean nothing. XD

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:48 PM   #610
Magamish
Cosplay Virgin (oh mai!)

As I've said on the other T&B threads, I'll be cosplaying Barnaby and it'll be half handmade and half read purchased stuff (I couldn't stomach his jacket haha)
I'll be debuting for Anime Boston with my Kotetsu, and then Anime Next later on!

Hope to see more of you guys come out of the woodwork, I wanna group!
I could see my self as Ivan or Pao Lin in the future, just for a bit of diversity. <3
Magamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #611
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

...I'm hoping with the release of the new trailer for The Rising, perhaps some interest will return to Tiger & Bunny cosplay? XD (If you haven't seen it yet, watch it here!) They also came out with some new character designs, like a new Hero suit for Barnaby, and new casual clothes for both Barnaby and Kotetsu.

I wonder who will be the first to make Barnaby's new outfit (casual or hero suit)!

--

Just fyi, I'm STILL working on my Barnaby suit! I'm about 70% done with it. Since this site's been a pain in the butt for photo posting, I've only been uploading all of my progress to my Facebook page. If you're interested in seeing how it's coming along, feel free to take a look. I really hope to get this darned thing done soon. T_T

Since I didn't get my suit done in time for A-Kon, I threw together a thrift store costume for teenager/flashback!Barnaby to go with my boyfriend's Kotetsu. The only work I did was dying the jacket and painting the sneakers. I made Kotetsu's vest and painted the shoes. His wig looks like crap though because I styled it in about 20 minutes just before leaving for the convention, lol. OTL

Anyone else done anything recently by chance? *cricket chirps*

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 09-24-2013, 08:46 PM   #612
KnightJeran
Calling Major Tom

[stumbles into thread drunk] I FINALLY found this thread again. I watched this show a year or so ago, and I'm just now watching the dub, which is pretty decent imho, but I digress.

I plan to cosplay Kotetsu (as I've been planning for like a year), both casual and his hero suit. I'm most excited for his hero suit though, because it would be my first time doing something like that (armor and a full on suit). I've done armor pieces before, but not a full set. I'm surprised I don't see more cosplayers of this! I've never seen one IRL at all the cons I go to.

I'm definitely going to take my time on the hero suit though, because it's something I want to do right. Perhaps I can poke my friend into being my Bunny. Istillneedtoseethemovie >.>

I know that the links to pepakura unfolds were posted, but does anyone have them in not-.pdo files? Like perhaps pdf for us mac users?

Last edited by KnightJeran : 09-24-2013 at 10:33 PM.
KnightJeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2014, 09:07 AM   #613
minublado
Tobichan

Hello it has been awhile since I been on these forums, but what I am here to ask is if anyone could direct me in the direction of some patterns that might be helpful for doing a Fire Emblem(hero) costume.
minublado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2014, 10:00 PM   #614
Sasu-Xin

Quote:
Originally Posted by minublado View Post
Hello it has been awhile since I been on these forums, but what I am here to ask is if anyone could direct me in the direction of some patterns that might be helpful for doing a Fire Emblem(hero) costume.
Try looking up super hero costume patterns. I know Simplicity has TONS of costume patterns, try there. I think your best bet would be a Batman style pattern.
Unread 05-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #615
namineharley

ahh a Tiger & Bunny thread!
I'm really hoping I can cosplay Dragon Kid one day... Maybe Origiami Cyclone later on too! {Probably just his normal attire and not the hero suit!}
namineharley is offline   Reply With Quote