Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 166 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #7291
Quinn The Spazz
Dr. Sexy, Vampire Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post
Looking great. You make an awesome Virgil ^_^
uwu thank you so much!
Yuu Kashima-Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun, Natsumura Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Drusilla-Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Cure Passion-Fresh Pretty Cure! Q-Skyfall, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #7292
Athena167

Hello

Hey, new to TB cosplay but not to TB, I'm a bit bummed out because I can't start sewing until hubby comes back from his deployment, so to keep me in spirit, I figured I would chat TB with y'all!!!
Athena167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #7293
crosschord
aka Identivity

Used to cosplay Isaak, like, 5 years ago, and a friend has now convinced me to cosplay Mary Spencer. Obviously this means I need to catch up on the manga.

Wish me luck on this, since I've never made anything this detailed before. Luckily, I have until Anime Expo to get it done.

I also make plushes and fandom pillows!
Visit Sew Delightful on Storenvy! Visit Sew Delightful on Etsy!

Upcoming Conventions!
Comikaze - November 2014 (Will be there for one day)
Anime Los Angeles - January 2015
Fanime - May 2015

Costumes in Progress!
CC - Code Geass
Asami - Legend of Korra
crosschord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #7294
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Guys, I finally buckled down and started hand beading my Cardinal Sforza corset. It's taken close to seven hours so far for one half of the corset, and I'm not even done with that side. I haven't done much hand beading in the past, so it's been a learning experience for me. I'm getting faster at it now though. I hope to have the corset done soon so I can work on making the rest of the costume and beading it. There's going to be so many beads on this thing!
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #7295
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I just thought I would share another picture of my corset for Cardinal Sforza in progress. I'm pretty happy with it so far, and I'm at about 30 hours of beading with two gold panels left to do.
Unread 09-18-2013, 05:22 AM   #7296
Nyxedi

Hey, hoping someone can help me. Does anyone have any reference images of TB White Queen Esther? I know there was a Thores photobucket account that had some, but it's been emptied. I can only find the image from the artbook and am hoping someone knows where I could find some.
Nyxedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #7297
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

@Quinn, you're welcome ^_^.

@Nyxedi, you can find a couple of the minitokyo image site. Not sure that they have the most recent as I haven't been on there in a while.

Adding yet another costume to my forever growing TB list (not bad considering I haven't cosplayed TB in a couple of years XD). I found parts of my Mirka Fortuna costume that I had thought I had lost in one of my house moves. Sadly, there is still many parts missing and some of it is damaged beyond repair. I decided that rather than throw it out I would recycle some of it to make her riding/travelling outfit. I'm looking forward to having some design fun as the lower half of her costume is never pictured.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #7298
VictorianMess

I'm going to be making Abel's outfit based off the manga and am curious about how you guys have made his cassock. Do you base it off a pattern or make one? Also how did you close the front? It appears to be closed by a zipper underneath the silver trim but my sewing machine hates zippers so I may have to come up with a more creative method. I would love some tips! Or if anyone can link me to which page anyone has talked about how they made his cassock. I'll search through myself but there are a lot of pages.

Thanks!

Trinity Blood (Seth)
Pandora Hearts (Sharon)
Frozen (Anna)
Don't Starve (Willow.)
VictorianMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #7299
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorianMess View Post
I'm going to be making Abel's outfit based off the manga and am curious about how you guys have made his cassock. Do you base it off a pattern or make one? Also how did you close the front? It appears to be closed by a zipper underneath the silver trim but my sewing machine hates zippers so I may have to come up with a more creative method. I would love some tips! Or if anyone can link me to which page anyone has talked about how they made his cassock. I'll search through myself but there are a lot of pages.

Thanks!
Hi VictorianMess. I made the pattern for the cassock. I found a coat pattern that was quite similar to a Priest's robe and used it as a base. I then designed it to match more Abel's design. There are Priest patterns out there that I know others have used to great success. I sadly can't remember the make otherwise I would link. I'm pretty sure one was from Buuterick.

For the front I used a zip. I did use hooks and eyes on my anime one but found that kept coming undone so I replaced it with a zip. Here's a link to my costume journal. It doesn't show any pictures of the cassock itself but you might find it of some use.

http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/costu...w/2820#journal
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Unread 10-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #7300
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

Butterick pattern is correct: B6844
And then you do have to make modifications depending on character and version from there.

I used snaps--actually a double row. I had an overlap and did one row with snap tape and then right under and on the edge of the bias trim placed some more to keep that closed. Other than a few pop opens on the lower-most snaps when doing silly things, it's stayed closed in 30+ wearings.

But I know several others who've very successfully done hidden zippers.

Good luck with whatever method you choose!!
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #7301
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Finally aquired a base pattern and fabric for Scheherazades QiPao. I'm beyond happy right now, little by little her cosplay is coming together. As much as I want to rush it, I'm going to be patient and work steady.X3

Next I want to buy her boots, so I can have that out the way at least. Also this fabric I got, I'm unsure if Iwant to use it a tester run or official. I'm mainly thinking of using it a serious/practice run through. So I can make sure I do this properly, since it's not expensive fabric I have to worry about. But when I buy her glove fabric, one can be sure that'll be an official one. So I'll have to watch itX"D

I'll those pictures up within this week or next hopefully. Also not sure I shared it, but I bought meh wig a while back. I love it so muchXD is it bad that Ialso want to buy a black wig so I can get as close as possible accuracy wise,for a shoot like this XD

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~2015 Lineup~

Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #7302
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

decided to make Esther's purple dress for the ACEN Masq. next year~ should be fun doing all the detail. so excited to get to use my embroidery machine finally! and i found some really pretty fabrics to use!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps53d1a071.jpg
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #7303
silver_wolf

Since a friend of mine just gave me an ungodly amount of grommets as an early Christmas gift, I'll apparently be tackling Sister Paula earlier then I thought I would. My question to you all would be: should her red/black outfit be made out of twill or velvet?

Also, would anyone happen to have more references of Sister Paula's outfit, aside from this one and this one, because all the links I've found on this thread are currently not working?

silver_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #7304
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I don't have any more references to share with you, but on your fabric question, I would go with twill or something else over velvet. I see a lot of Trinity Blood cosplayers use velvet, but I'm not a big fan of it for clergy type clothing (even if they are highly exaggerated versions of what priests and nuns actually wear).
Unread 11-24-2013, 01:27 AM   #7305
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
decided to make Esther's purple dress for the ACEN Masq. next year~ should be fun doing all the detail. so excited to get to use my embroidery machine finally! and i found some really pretty fabrics to use!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps53d1a071.jpg
Love that version of Esther. I can't wait to see yours ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver_wolf View Post
Since a friend of mine just gave me an ungodly amount of grommets as an early Christmas gift, I'll apparently be tackling Sister Paula earlier then I thought I would. My question to you all would be: should her red/black outfit be made out of twill or velvet?

Also, would anyone happen to have more references of Sister Paula's outfit, aside from this one and this one, because all the links I've found on this thread are currently not working?
I've personally gone with a poly/cotton velvet as that is my personal preference. Plus, I had the fabric already in stock. I've seen twill being used as well and it can look great. Definitely nothing that is too shiny as I don't think it would work as well for the overall look. I got all my Paula ref from Minitokyo. I've posted the link above in one of my earlier comments.