Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hetalia: Axis Powers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 221 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #4006
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudae View Post
So, I'm planning on cosplaying Switzerland next to surprise a friend, but for the life of me, I can't find a place that has his outfit in the correct color or proportions of his uniform's color scheme...from a site that I trust. Rightfully so, one has to be cautious when ordering from certain sites, but jeez...So, if anyone could help out, it'd be much appreciated!
If you can't find an actual cosplay that is accurate enough, you could see if there are any military surplus stores in your area or find one online. You should be able to find the jacket and the pants there. You just want to be careful about adding any real ranking insignia and such to a military jacket.
If the jacket needs any extra detail that you can't find, you could see if another friend could help you attach them or send the jacket into somewhere to get those added.
Depending on whether or not you want to include his hat, you could likely find one at a thrift store or a fashion store.

I hope that helps a bit, good luck dear.

Unread 10-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #4007
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Now that I've finished sewing fem!France, I think I'm going to pick up an abandoned project of mine since I have nothing else to sew right now. It's fem!America as a flapper. I made the dress following a tutorial on youtube but I didn't like how to came out. I later picked up a flapper dress pattern during a sale, just in case I ever wanted to give it another try. Basically it's going to be made of blue satin, have red and white fringe (to be the stripes) and sequin white star appliques.

Since the original dress was a simple rectangle strapless style, I'm going to take it apart and try to reuse that material. The pattern is of a sleeveless style rather than strapless.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #4008
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

If anyone is looking for boots. I found these, they're pirate boots but they're pretty plain so they'd work for as military. Just thought I'd share in case anyone was looking for some.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #4009
StrawberryNinja
Happy Sunshine Evil

Is anyone working on Hetalia Day costumes right now? My city had 1 of the meetups this past weekend and I just finished enough of Turkey's Hetaween 11 costume (http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3444218/ if you have any suggestions to make it better, that'd be cool) to wear to the event. There's another one this week in the suburbs so I'm debating whether or not to do Cuba's bunny costume for that.

Cosplays I'm Working On:
Bianchi - Katekyo Hitman Reborn (Naka-kon 2014 and ACen 2014)
Halloween 2011 Turkey - Hetalia (Naka-kon 2014)
Wooper gijinka and/or kigurumi- Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Bouffalant gijinka - Pokemon (ACen 2014 maybe)
Chocolove - Shaman King (ACen 2014 or Anime Midwest 2014 maybe)
StrawberryNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #4010
Badchild1998

HI! So I just joined amd I'm starting on a Romania cosplay~

Posted via Topify using Android
Badchild1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:15 PM   #4011
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchild1998 View Post

Oh, hell yes! We need more Romania cosplayers in the fandom! Haven't seen one in some time! Best of luck to you in this endeavor!

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #4012
Badchild1998

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badchild1998 View Post

Thankyou! I'm really excited to finish it!

Oh, hell yes! We need more Romania cosplayers in the fandom! Haven't seen one in some time! Best of luck to you in this endeavor!
Posted via Topify on Android
Badchild1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #4013
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

I've finally decided and I think i'll go with Cosplay fu's Gakuen hetalia female uni. It is more expensive, but since I already paid an arm and a leg for shipping on procosplay for Sailor Venus, I get free shipping here. I think maybe i'll put together Gakuen Belgium for Anime North.
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #4014
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeochan View Post
I've finally decided and I think i'll go with Cosplay fu's Gakuen hetalia female uni. It is more expensive, but since I already paid an arm and a leg for shipping on procosplay for Sailor Venus, I get free shipping here. I think maybe i'll put together Gakuen Belgium for Anime North.
Good choice! I got my Canada outfit from them! It'll take about a month to arrive, though. But man! The quality's great! At least, mine's was. Just thought I'd tell you that. heehee Check out my actual cosplay pics to see how good they are.

TigerCon 2014

Halloween 2014
Unread 11-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #4015
zeochan
Bucky take the wheel

Quote:
Good choice! I got my Canada outfit from them! It'll take about a month to arrive, though. But man! The quality's great! At least, mine's was. Just thought I'd tell you that. heehee Check out my actual cosplay pics to see how good they are.
Well, i'm stilling looking into it, hehe. I really wanna cosplay that because that because I love the uni. And I still have lots of time, so hopefull I can get it sometime soon.
And you make a great Canada too!
zeochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2013, 06:47 PM   #4016
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

My flapper fem!America is nearly complete. I put the star appliques I had on there but I feel it needs more of them.

Unread 12-10-2013, 10:54 AM   #4017
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

...sigh...I'm at yet another loss. I want to really set off this cosplay I'm doing for Katsucon, but...I need boots for it. So, does anyone have any suggestions for a decent pair of boots I can use for H.R.E.?

TigerCon 2014

Halloween 2014
Unread 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #4018
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Quote:
...sigh...I'm at yet another loss. I want to really set off this cosplay I'm doing for Katsucon, but...I need boots for it. So, does anyone have any suggestions for a decent pair of boots I can use for H.R.E.?
I'm not quite sure what your budget or shoe size is but http://www.ebay.com/itm/Faux-Leather...-/171157485546 these look pretty close. They're women's though and only go up to the equivalent to a male's size 8.
Unread 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #4019
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyCiel View Post
I'm not quite sure what your budget or shoe size is but http://www.ebay.com/itm/Faux-Leather...-/171157485546 these look pretty close. They're women's though and only go up to the equivalent to a male's size 8.
Price isn't really a concern to me, but I wear like...a 13 in mens' regular shoes, so I've no clue what that would be in womens boot sizing. I probably should've said that earlier. I'm smarteded.

TigerCon 2014

Halloween 2014
Unread 12-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #4020
KennyCiel
Tiny cosplayer

Quote:
Price isn't really a concern to me, but I wear like...a 13 in mens' regular shoes, so I've no clue what that would be in womens boot sizing. I probably should've said that earlier. I'm smarteded.
You'd be between a 14-15 in womens' shoes, depending on the brand. You can check around ebay or amazon for knee high combat boots, those tend to be the closest to good Hetalia boots. I'll keep an eye out though, if I find any I'll let you know.