Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #331
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I'd thought I'd ask this here. Doe any one know what events are happening on what day. The historical masquerade is the only one to have a time listed on the costume con 32 website.

I would assume that the Fantasy & Sci-Fi Masquerade fall on the Saturday then.
Friday night: Social, and Single Pattern contest.
Saturday night: Fantasy & Sci-Fi Masquerade
Sunday Day: Future Fashion Show
Sunday Night: Historical Masquerade

The International Costuming Convention is returning to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Shopping, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #332
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm still waiting for my shipping notice but I order (FINALLY! ) a suitable fabric for Regina. I can finally stop pulling my hair out about this.
http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/Ant...l-SWC5563.html

I'm going to paint some of the metallic flower with Lumiere Grape and Indigo to get her colour scheme right but the pattern is as close as one can get. Random note that the fabric they used for her dress was a limited designer run (sold at Mood Fabric) so I was never going to find it. >_<

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 10-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #333
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I'm honestly jealous of everyone's progress. I'm such a slacker!

I did a little retail therapy today and ended up buying the Pacific Rim Blu-Ray as well as Katy Perry's new album. I might be able to justify the former as cosplay reference if I can find a way to do Newt Geiszler's torso tattoos. (I mean, it fits the monster theme so hey...)

I haven't even listened to the KP album yet though. I've been staring at the photography in the album art to try and figure out how to do her makeup. Seriously, whoever does her eyebrows must be a goddamn sorcerer, because they are always immaculate. O_O

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #334
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Just got the 9.2 lb of Regina fabric came in the mail last night!!!! Carry it home from the post office was intense. lol

It's a black polyester, deep blue cotton and antique metallic silver nylon weave.

Originally I was going to paint the nylon weave but I'm testing out if I can hand sharpie (permanent marker) it instead to purple and blues and see if it colour fast for the cool wash.

Hand colouring this way work really well as it doesn't mask the fabric weave at all.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 10-31-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #335
piratealice

This seems like a really fun con! I'll have to check it out.
piratealice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #336
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Finally I have some time to work on Luna tomorrow. Hoping to have the skirt properly fitted, and the beading well underway on it, plus the neck trim finally done. Then I have to finish beading, do the fancy hem decor, hem the skirt, sew it to the bodice, put in the zipper, draft, cut, bead and sew the sash/belt, order lipstick and contacts, make the veil for the crown, AND style my wig.
...and I have to get started soon on Quorra 2.0 too. Mostly the hard part of that will be drafting new torso armour.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #337
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I think I just got a great and terrible idea for the Historical Masquerade.

exactly how outlandish are we allowed to get with the historical interpretation category?

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #338
Arokh Fithos
The Last Dragon of Art

Thumbs up The Big Time

Count me in.
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #339
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

Still slaving away over my black appliques. I completely finished 2 last night with sequins, czech beads, and rhinestones out of 9 the rest have a sequins on and now I'm sewing rows of czech beads on the rest of the areas but I'm getting worried that I won't have even czech beads for the rest of them as I used up 3/4 of one tube on the one applicate. And I have 4 tubes of czech beads. >_<

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 11-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #340
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I am hating the beading for Luna, and I don't even have much to do. I shouldn't have used stretch velvet for a first time beading project. Especially when a stabilizer wouldn't work at all with the design.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #341
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I'm average 1 applique beading per about 1 week to 1.5 weeks on these for completions. >_<

Here are 3 of the 9 finished ones compared to the mirror piece with only the sequins on.
http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/241073/

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 11-25-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Unread 11-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #342
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Man, I have gotten SO lazy over uploading progress photos, since I keep plugging in the wrong usb cable or losing it. And my camera sucks.
....but yah, looks like I'll be doing a lot of sewing work over Xmas break. Luna's supposed to be done for late February and as it stands, I'm approximately a month behind where I want to be because EVERYTHING has taken at least twice as long as it should. I'm HOPING I can spare enough time this week to finish the beading on the skirt.
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #343
Moofingham
Randomosity at 88mHz

... I just booked my hotel room. (Man, I'm lazy/been stupid busy - I meant to do that months ago...)

Suddenly upon doing that..... IT JUST GOT REAL. Nevermind getting my ticket years in advance - Something upon comitting to a crash pad, is making this con a reality.

And I've done.... barely anything.

I have most of the fabric for my Historical Interpretation, a half finished petticoat for the same, and made some pointed remarks on how I was going to steal the parrot feathers from work for another project. That's it.

...How many days left.....?

Umm.... nothing at the moment is being worked on.
All creative power diverted to FanExpo Artist's Alley table! Yay! Accessories and such!

Costume Con 32 was AMAZING!!!!
Moofingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #344
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

151 day!

I'm looking to share a room with someone as out of my con goer friends I usually share a room with I'm the only hardcore cosplayer so I'm the only one interested in going lol.

Anime North '15

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 11-26-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Unread 11-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #345
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yeek, Luna has hardly been worked on. Not helping is the fact that along with finals coming up, I seem to have come down with a cold/ear infection that makes sitting hunched over the table to bead very unpleasant, and it has to get done before I can move forward with the dress. Maybe tonight I can spare time to finish that darn collar trim, instead.... Regardless, looks like I'll be doing a LOT of work over Xmas break.

OTL, and I haven't even started my Quorra revamp yet. Should have done that a few weeks ago.

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 11-26-2013 at 07:19 AM.