Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 29 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #211
littlemissnerdy

At this point, she should be using someone like UPS/FedEx. If you ship via Ground it can sometimes even be cheaper than USPS and you get legit tracking.
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #212
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Lycoris is refusing to give me any details on what is going on. I don't know if she's gotten in contact with Mykaios yet. If she's going to post it might take some time since she's still currently out of town. I feel bad for her, all this is going on and when these costumes come in I'll have to try and do serious alterations due to her upcoming weight loss plans for her next cosplay.

If I can get any information from her I'll see if I can post. I'm hoping that she hasn't disappeared.

Upcoming Cosplays:

Blazblue: Mu-12 (Non Battle Mode)
Blazblue: Aname
Okami: Ammy (Gijinka)
Legend of Dragoon: Meru
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #213
HoudinisGirl

Gosh, I'm so sorry, Lycoris. What a huge disappointment.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #214
MaiCosplay

@Myakios Some cosplayers I know don't go to school and work at the same time and still have time to do cosplay commissions. Being that it's tremendously time consuming and weary. (E.g yaya han dropped her daytime job to focus on selling her brand.) As soon as you planned (or it came out of the blue whatever) to go back to school you should of immediately dropped any form of commissioning/advertising. That way you can focus rather on your school work instead of hindering your commissioning cred, by postponing deadlines, not having enough time to grab a camera and clickety clack clack a pic just like that and especially dragging along those like GodKingJedi, Shadowken and many others who just wanted their costumes that they paid for. -Smh-

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 11-09-2013 at 03:22 AM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #215
MaiCosplay

Imagine the judge saying "You're in here for failure to compose cosplay, I thought those were for fun"
I don't think so

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 11-25-2013 at 01:59 PM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #216
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiCosplay View Post
@Myakios Some cosplayers I know don't go to school and work at the same time and still have time to do cosplay commissions. Being that it's tremendously time consuming and weary. (E.g on focus on selling her brand.) As soon as you planned (or it came out of the blue whatever) to go back to school you should of immediately dropped any form of commissioning/advertising. That way you can focus rather on your school work instead of hindering your commissioning cred, by postponing deadlines, not having enough time to grab a camera and clickety clack clack a pic just like that and especially dragging along those like GodKingJedi, Shadowken and many others who just wanted their costumes that they paid for. -Smh-
As an example....I'm currently working with a commissioner who has, over just the past two, three weeks, already provided me with by far way more in-progress photos and updates than....well, I'll be honest, more than I think all of us here, who've been screwed over and let down by Mykaios, have seen collectively, combined, of all of our cosplays which she claimed she was working on. I'm not even kidding....! My experience with this new comissioner has been a blessed, wonderful thing - she's constantly communicative, always keeps me abreast of what she's doing and how she's doing it....always confers with me to make sure I'm okay with how it's coming along....and always, always, regular and steady in-progress photos!

This, of course, is precisely and perfectly how it should be from the get-go, with every commissioner - period, full stop. But in all honesty, it's something which has rather moved me to happy tears, I will confess - the simple, pure, thankful positivity of the experience I'm having with this new, far-and-away-worlds-better commissioner....because it's like I had, in a way, almost forgotten just how good it could be - indeed, by all rights, just how good and how smooth it darn well should be, right from the outset! (I also did not find this new commissioner through cosplay.com, make of that what one may)

I mention the above simply as only further proof positive of not only just how profoundly and genuinely good this new commissioner is....but, of course, inevitably also as further indicting proof of just how blatantly, obviously poor Mykaios is. It's a stunning comparison, to say the very least, I feel. And, oh, big surprise (not!) but - still no response from her with regards to the very simple way out I granted her that long while back.

Also, it's blatantly obvious that she'll continue breaking her own supposed "promises" (which hold no water whatsoever) and these "confirmed deadlines" she said she'd stick to (watch her attempt to start up with the excuse-making,yet again, and the attempt to blame the customers, to boot) ....and between one thing and another, again, all the hallmarks of a scam artist pure and simple. It's also, incidentally, theft.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #217
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Sorry to hear you didn't get your costume, Lycoris ..
So no update on her end..? No explanation? (not that it's needed.. It would only be an excuse)
This only proves everything she has posted in this thread thus far means nothing.
What about those multiple posts she made about the dates in which she would ship cosplay..? Looks like that didn't happen. Don't promise something if you can't actually do it. Doesn't she understand how important it is to stick to your word as a seller or a business woman in general? She is losing all of her credibility.. And that could easily now effect her everyday life now that the internet clime reports are out there.

I hope everyone eventually gets what they paid for. You all deserve it very much so.. And if I could, I would personally make you all your costumes.
I will now go back to my little hole. I will continue to watch this thread.
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #218
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

Lycoris is currently in Scotland on vacation for her birthday. She is having issues accessing the site seems to get an error page every time she tries to get on the forum. She is talking about sending me what she has to say and I'll post it on her behalf.

I'm glad her third costume Lycoris had planned this year she went with a different commissioner. That transactions was much smoother and she left a good review for the lady. While she didn't get any pictures of the costume until it was finished she was provided with continuous updates and even double checked all of her measurements. She notified us when she picked the fabric, bought the fabric, the pattern was done, then she received pictures and got it two days after Lycoris gave the okay on the pictures.

I will post what Ly has to say as soon as she gets it to me. Since it's currently 11pm over there? I probably won't be hearing from her until she gets up.

Upcoming Cosplays:

Last edited by Endrea : 10-08-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Unread 10-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #219
TheCosplayFox

after reading some of the recent posts I think it's not right that everyone is sort of chiming in on parts that they aren't even apart of. I feel as though Lycoris costume is her own business but that's just my opinion. don't get me wrong I understand why everyone is frustrated though.
TheCosplayFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #220
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCosplayFox View Post
after reading some of the recent posts I think it's not right that everyone is sort of chiming in on parts that they aren't even apart of. I feel as though Lycoris costume is her own business but that's just my opinion. don't get me wrong I understand why everyone is frustrated though.
The issues that Lycoris, as well, is quite clearly and distressingly experiencing, are only but further par for the prverbial course with regards to these matters - it is only further indictative and ever more a pertinent indictment. Since I, as the one who started this thread originally, have suffered the *very exact same* as Lycoris - as have and continue to multiple others - we are, indeed, I feel all intrinsically part of it, of the exact same dilemma - the exact same victims, pure and simple
Unread 10-09-2013, 07:48 PM   #221
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

FROM LYCORiS:

While it true that information was disclosed about my costumes to godkingJedi and SoulSiren I do wish that things wouldn't have been posted about it and waited for me to actually post something on my own costumes. Though I do understand why they would do something like that since this makes them worried about their own costumes. I am currently in Scotland until the end of the month and this is actually the last thing on my mind right now.

That being said I will go back to my vacation after this short post and I will disclose the rest of the information when I am ready to. Yes, it was true that my costume did not come in, this did disappoint me as every time I saw the message light on my hotel phone I became excited and I even checked the UPS office while I was there. I did send an email asking for the details on it being shipped, the day before the con I believe, and I did not hear from her until after my convention had passed. I can say that I rather have it not shipped than for it to arrive there while I was no longer at the hotel.

My weight loss is a true fact and I pray that I can get it alter by either Endrea or a professional (since Endrea will be going back to Canada by the end of the year). I will be with a personal trainer and on a medical plan since I will be preparing for a quadsuit (and you're talking about 20 pounds of costume there). When I get home I will be discussing things further with Mykaois when I get home, since it seems like every time my phone goes off it's something about this situation.

I do hope she comes through for everyone else and hope that things don't go deeper than they have already come to. I do have faith that my costumes will come in, and I am hanging in there. When the time comes I will be posting more information.

Upcoming Cosplays:

Unread 10-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #222
HoudinisGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCosplayFox View Post
Seriously? I think at this point we're allowed to chime in. The ONLY reason that this issue even came to light was because we all went public with our issues with Mykaios. If we had listened to all the people who, similar to what you are saying in the first sentence of your above post, insist that it should be kept "private" and not posted in forums, people would STILL be commissioning with Mykaios and she would STILL be taking money with no intentions of ever delivering the goods.

No, Lycoris's situation may not have much to do with me now, but I will say that everyone who has been scammed by Mykaios would probably be feeling much relieved if she, for once, actually delivered on a promised cosplay instead of once again failing to provide promised-and-paid-for services. At this point it's become pathetic. Let's face it, in all likelihood, NO ONE IS GOING TO GET THEIR COMMISSIONS FROM MYKAIOS. Especially not with people coming into this thread saying, "Oh, it's none of your business, you shouldn't be posting." This doesn't need to be kept quiet. This needs to be ripped wide open so people far and wide know exactly what's happening. Lycoris can keep her situation as private as she wants to, but I for one am grateful that we were kept abreast of the developments so that we're not harboring any false hope about the situation.

You know what IS my business? The $37 I paid to Mykaios for a scarf. It was just a scarf. I got the money back from my bank. But because the amount was so small, my bank didn't go after Mykaios to get it back. You know what that means? MYKAIOS TOOK MONEY FROM ME AND NEVER DELIVERED THE PROMISED GOODS. SHE GOT OFF $40 RICHER AND HAS NO INTENTIONS OF EVER PROVIDING THE SCARF I PAID FOR IN GOOD FAITH. That is the bottom line here. She stole from me. I got the money back from someone else, but she still stole money from me, just like she has stolen money from many other people posting in this thread.

I am of the opinion that recent posts have been fairly respectful. No name-calling, simply gentle prodding and the occasional reprimand. I'm impressed that people are being so mature about this. I certainly wouldn't be. Mykaios is lucky, damn lucky, that the amount I paid was so small and that my bank gave it back to me so quickly. You can be sure that if I were in the situation GodKing_Jedi is in, I would sic my lawyer on Mykaios so fast her head would be spinning.

What I'm saying may sound harsh, but I think it's absolutely ridiculous that anyone can come in here and say that showing solidarity for people who have been robbed, yes, ROBBED of their hard-earned money is wrong and "none of their business." I normally don't frequent cosplay.com, but I will be coming back here until the situation is resolved to make sure that GodKing_Jedi knows she's not alone. Trying to quiet victims is not the way to fix this situation. It's not going away. It's not going to get swept under the rug. Be happy that these people are being respectful and let them come here to garner what small reassurance and support they can.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #223
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

I don't think it's that Lycoris is trying to keep it private, I think it's mostly because she's on a trip that she has looked forward to for many years. I can understand her not wanting to deal with it while she's away. I think her saying "I will post about it when the time comes" refers to when she gets back and is able to post for herself. If I were to make it, it would seem pointless since it is not my commission.
The girl was in tears over this thing not coming and the fact that she has to wait for the first one she commissioned from this girl AFTER the list is cleared. I do honestly believe she's at the end of her rope and her vacation to her is not a time to deal with all of this. So I don't think she's trying to keep it private more of she just wants to enjoy her birthday trip. Plus she has referred to having some issues getting on the internet while she's been away.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #224
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

According to the list made by Mykaios herself publicly, I was supposed to have had my cosplay shipped by October 15th. That, and she claims it is already finished. That date has come and gone without a word from her. I am not shocked, but I am hugely disappointed. The crime report I made against her still stands.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #225
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Siren View Post
According to the list made by Mykaios herself publicly, I was supposed to have had my cosplay shipped by October 15th. That, and she claims it is already finished. That date has come and gone without a word from her. I am not shocked, but I am hugely disappointed. The crime report I made against her still stands.
Yeah, and I was actually just coming in here - having noted those dates in that list she gave herself, those dates which were supposedly being promised, and hence the fact that they had obviously come and gone, and so had anyone in fact received anything at all, as stipulated, as "promised" by her? - to comment on that, myself.... Again, like you, not even remotely shocked (though, of course, I acutely and keenly sympathize - you know just how much!) and it only further proves what I said earlier. She is a scam artist and thief.