Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
XxMai-chanxX
Momo

Exclamation Motivation and Abstinence

Hello, I'm hoping to lose weight for cosplay and to make myself feel better, but so far my efforts have been in vain. Although, I am very fit and athletic, I have a bit of a tummy that I'd like to get rid of. I exercise everyday because I have tennis practice currently at the moment and I also jump on the trampoline once I get home from school. My exercise regimen is ok, but I know that I should work-out with different regimens. For example, I do nothing for my core. However, I think that more of my problem is my diet. I am a huge sweets and carbs girl. I eat veggies, meat, and fruits for my main meals, but when I snack it's mostly sweets and carbs and unfortunately, once I see something or eat something, especially after my practice, I indulge.
I lost weight during the summer because I was more careful about what I ate or sometimes I forgot to eat until later, and ironically, school is when I gain more weight. Luckily, that's not the case this year and I'm maintaining my weight. Thank you for reading this!

Unread 10-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
CarrotEater

One thing I do is pre-make my meals so that when I want to eat, the healthiest option is already ready fr me so I don't snack when I'm cooking. If you snack after practice bring some fruit with you to eat after. I also find that not trying to be moderate works for me. If I don't have the first cookie, I know there won't be a third. I also try be constantly busy/doing something so that I don't boredom eat.
CarrotEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Antifreeze

Diet is everything when it comes to maintaining your health. We are all addicted to sugars and carbs, it is part of our history. I read in a book about a guy who trained a former crack addict and the addict said giving up sugar was harder than giving up crack.

The best way to deal with this problem is to get rid of everything you normally snack on. Just toss it in the garbage, or donate it to a charity, clean house so to speak. Then only buy healthy snacks.

Another question I have is are you eating enough? Even if you are fit, if you are starving yourself all the time you will still build fat as a survival mechanism. When I was younger I would eat one maybe two meals a day and snack on small snacks randomly. I did this up until I was an adult really. Once I started eating regular meals I actually started to lose weight.

Self-control is what it takes and patience. I am sure you can do it.
Antifreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
XxMai-chanxX
Momo

Sorry for the late reply. I eat enough. More than enough, actually. Lately, I've just been so stressed with school and things aren't going well with my parents, so I turn to food as a stress reliever.
Unread 11-09-2013, 04:28 AM   #5
TheFireGuy
That Crazy Firefighter

Like CarrotEater said, pre-made meals are an excellent option to avoid snacking while making meals. As far as the stress goes, avoid turning to food as your relief from it, instead, try going for a walk/jog to get away from the stress and help clear your mind or maybe go to a gym if you can. I work as a firefighter so I have a stressful job but the gym is my sanctuary when it comes to stress relief. There I can just crank the music and focus my mind on working out and by the time I'm finished with my workout I've typically forgotten what I was stressing over.

Another suggestion is check out the different workout plans and meal plans on http://www.bodybuilding.com. They have plenty of different work outs you can try for either muscle building or fat burning. They even catagorize it into different age groups and between male and female. Just find a workout that best suits you and stick to it.

If you would like, PM me and I'll try to help you out as best as I can.
TheFireGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
TheFireGuy
That Crazy Firefighter

I will definitely concur with CarrotEater about premade meals. They are very nice to have ready to go whenever you get hungry and a lot of the times they are good for on the go as well.

As for the stress, a few suggestions to try to get away from it other than eating is to get out of the house and go for a walk/jog or if you can, go to the gym. I work as a firefighter and that job alone is very stressful so when I go to the gym, I crank the music and zone into my workout mode. Upon completion of my workout, I've forgotten what ever it was I was stressing about.

If you would like, PM me and I can help you out as best I can.

"You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up."-Maj. Gen. Charles "Chuck" Yeager, USAF, Ret.
TheFireGuy is offline   Reply With Quote