Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #241
uniquecreator
Costume Designer

Hi I am unique creator. I have more than 20 years experience in designing and sewing Outfits. I love what I do and I am easy to work with. You can see some of my work on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/reba.collections

This is how I work: I require half of the full amount quoted for the pieces you wish commissioned in order to start the project. The balance of the amount is due at the end of the project, along with the shipping fee. The balance can be paid in full at the end of the project or by installments up to the point of paying off the full amount at the end of the project. When the project has been finished, I will email you final pictures and the balance and the shipping fee is due then. Once I receive the funds, I will mail out the outfit, accessories or props commissioned.

I need the following information:
Character
Reference Pictures
Deadline
Budget
Details about the project
Measurements

The Price quoted includes materials, workmanship, Paypal fees, etc.

Once you have sent me the half of the full amount deposit, then I set aside a space within my schedule for your project. That first half deposit is not refundable because this amount will go automatically goes towards materials and other starting fees.

I like to discuss the entire project in details before starting because once the pattern work has started, no major changes are allowed.

I normally email you pictures once the pieces look decent, almost finished or finished. This is because I have had the experience of showing work in progress and the customer not understanding work in progress process and therefore, slows me down, delays the work and then I have to rush at the end to still meet the deadline.

I am here to answer your questions, keep communication and make the commission process as easy as possible.

I hope to be able to help you with your next Cosplay Outfit, Accessories or Props.

Just PM me or email me at: rebacollections@hotmail.com

Thanks.
uniquecreator is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #242
StHoly

Hi I have got a question for commissioners..

I found this commissioner in Etsy. And I have her commission one partial costume and one fulll costume on Sep 12. She has been on and off in communication with me. I paid full (yea.. but etsy requires full payment).. She sent some part of the costume to me, but not all.. It was jus yesterday though. I emailed her about it. I'm wonderin if she could... possible not send me anything else anymore and claimed that she sent everything to me?

It 's too late for me to open any case now I wont be able to get any refunds..

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #243
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by StHoly View Post
Hi I have got a question for commissioners..

I found this commissioner in Etsy. And I have her commission one partial costume and one fulll costume on Sep 12. She has been on and off in communication with me. I paid full (yea.. but etsy requires full payment).. She sent some part of the costume to me, but not all.. It was jus yesterday though. I emailed her about it. I'm wonderin if she could... possible not send me anything else anymore and claimed that she sent everything to me?

It 's too late for me to open any case now I wont be able to get any refunds..
You should make this question it's own thread.

I truly don't mean to sound unhelpful. On the contrary you'll probably get more help that way. Some people who could offer you advice may be hesitant to do so here because it would derail this thread's intended purpose.

Next conventions: Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta
Currently working on (commission): "Companion Cube" [custom] Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove), Spidermom ver. 3 (Homestuck)
Cyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #244
BlacklightSora
JSECosplay

Hi! My name is Jon, or if you prefer, BL. Almost a year ago now, I began work on my very first homemade cosplay, as I felt that the mass-produced costumes for the character I wanted to portray were not as accurate to the source material as I wanted. I strive for near-100% accuracy in my cosplays.

So, I bought a sewing machine, came to this site and the rest was history. I managed to get my outfit ready just in time for ConnectiCon '13, and have since dabbled into props and toddler size costumes, and now that I'm in need of more funds, I've decided to try my hand at taking costume commissions. Check out my new Deviantart page with photos of my work here: jsecosplay.deviantart.com

Disclaimer: I am not an expert, so there may be minor flaws in the final product. Also, I'm no otaku. I don't watch any anime outside of ones I watched weekend mornings. I'm more of a superhero/video game fan. That being said, I reserve the right to deny commission requests due to a lack of knowledge of the source material and character/item in question.

If you would like a costume or prop, feel free to PM me your request, and if it's a costume, your sizes and material specifications, and I'll give you a quote accordingly. Keep in mind, the more expensive the materials, the more it'll cost. I require at least half of the estimate for the project up front, and work on your product will begin right away. Quotes in include material, paypal and shipping costs.

I'll be updating my page with more pictures of my work as it's completed. Be sure to share my page with your friends! Thank you for your time. I look forward to your potential business!

Last edited by BlacklightSora : 01-23-2014 at 01:18 PM.
BlacklightSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2014, 06:23 PM   #245
KuroBara
dog of the military

Hello! I've been cosplaying since 2001 but sewing since 1990 (I was 8, and needed a hair scrunchie to match every outfit...80's kids would understand). In the past 13 years I've made costumes for myself, my husband and friends from a huge variety of sources. I take a lot of pride in my craftsmanship, and have won several awards for craftsmanship at Otakon, Katsucon, and other east coast conventions. I'm currently open for wig, costume and accessory commissions. My full gallery is here , and here (my husband, I've made his costumes & styled wigs for years).

To request a commission quote please e-mail me at levelupcosplay@gmail.com with:

- Character reference images
- Items requested (whole costume, wig, jewelry, pieces of costume, etc.)
- Budget
- General measurements (Bust / Waist / Hips & Height) in inches (for costumes, not wigs!)
- Deadline
- Preferences & notes (fabric preferences, changes to costume design, etc.)

I'm open to all requests, but I'm not terribly experienced in full spandex outfits or full suits of armor. I love gijinkas, genderswapping, lolitas and other variations on characters.

My full policies can be found here, but in a nutshell it's paypal only, 50% or at least $50 upfront, payment plans welcome for large jobs. Currently I'm booking for May deadlines and later.

I'm happy to arrange fittings, I live in the NYC tri-state area and will be attending several east coast conventions this year.
Unread 05-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #246
odinnightowl

Hello there. I have been cosplaying for the past 2 years now but making random crafts for 10+ years and more into the wood side of things these last 2 years.I am here to offer my skills as a prop and accessory commissioner. While wood is my main thing i do make props and such from various other materials such as fabric cardboard wire paper mache etc. I can make your props in a reasonable time and at very reasonable prices. Simply message me your commission needs along with reference pictures and measurements along with any other materials/info you think i might need. Yes i can research your commission for you and that will simply add a small amount of time to the completion as i feel if i research it i will have to check with my customers to make sure what i have found is 100% to their likings. Yes I am a new face here but i am diligent and hard working with a military back ground to boot. All i can say is give me a try and i promise you will not leave dissatisfied.