Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 169 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 07-31-2013, 03:10 PM   #6751
MirniMausi
Just live more

Photos of my Myu-Serenity are online ^^ hope you like it! >w<

~Up Next~
Maybe: Yoko Minato/ Kamen Rider Marika (Kamen Rider Gaim)
MirniMausi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #6752
Tabby Catty
Professional Pirate

I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna make ToonMakers!Sailor Moon

I expect a lot of people attempting to cosplay the characters due to better references in the leaked panels earlier this year. It will be a quirky Halloween costume as well as a costume for NMACon and the second costume since my one year cosplay hiatus (though boy I improved with my sewing since then)

Here is one of my main references I'm going by. Note that in lieu of a back bow, she has two "hip rolls" in the color of her bow. Then there are her sleeves which aren't quite rolls, but more tiered. I have a feeling that I might have fun with this.
Unread 08-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #6753
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

http://hybryda.tumblr.com/post/59420127089 I don't plan posting it here... to much PS to bad base photo X"DD but what do You think of this kind of editing?

Next cosplay

Kid Loki | Batgirl | Nightcrawler | X-23
plans
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #6754
Diegator
User of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Robot View Post

Actually, come to think of it, now I remember why I haven't gotten around to Pluto: Dat staff. I love her staff and I would totally love to make one, but if there is one pitfall of living so far away from my parents it is the lack of access to a garage worth of tools and miscellaneous scraps of wood and other makeshift prop-making materials. Maybe I'll have to take a weekend home and just spend it cranking one out. I did get some excellent tips from a couple of Plutos at Acen, so hopefully I can turn that into a one-day staff.
dat staff, yes... any idea how you're planning on doing it? I've seen a lot of people make it successfully, but I have no idea how they went about it.
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #6755
Kristen D
The Coming Thing

Anybody know of any tutorial for Galaxia? I can't seem to find one.

Ibuki (Street Fighter) - Friday
Sailor Galaxia (Sailor Moon) - Saturday
S-Mart Ash (my husband) and She-Bitch (me) Army of Darkeness - Sunday
Kristen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:09 AM   #6756
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

i love sailor moon, im curently working on making sailor moon and chibi moon

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #6757
Kristen D
The Coming Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayase Shin View Post
i love sailor moon, im curently working on making sailor moon and chibi moon
That's really cool! I would like to do all of the senshi at some point but I don't think I can do Sailor Moon herself. Blond is not a good color on me at all. Now Neo Queen Serenity on the other hand...

Ibuki (Street Fighter) - Friday
Sailor Galaxia (Sailor Moon) - Saturday
S-Mart Ash (my husband) and She-Bitch (me) Army of Darkeness - Sunday
Kristen D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #6758
konekoanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen D View Post
That's really cool! I would like to do all of the senshi at some point but I don't think I can do Sailor Moon herself. Blond is not a good color on me at all. Now Neo Queen Serenity on the other hand...
I decided that instead of trying to do all the senshi myself, I wanted to get a group together and do everyone with all my friends! Planning is going really well, a couple of my friends are making great progress already, and we're going to have a wig meetup soon. It's nice since mine (Sailor Uranus) is already complete, I can spend a lot of time organizing and helping everyone else. It's going to be so awesome, I'm super excited!

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #6759
Mr. Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegator View Post
dat staff, yes... any idea how you're planning on doing it? I've seen a lot of people make it successfully, but I have no idea how they went about it.
Not totally sure, but I chatted with a couple of Plutos at Anime Central who both had excellent staffs and I would consider both options.

One of them was a broomstick with the circle parts added over it, while the other was individual pieces of wood put together. The catch is that the area above and below each rounded part on the shaft sinks in a little bit, do using a broomstick would require some carving mid-shaft to really do it right. On the other hand though, a broomstick is a single piece of wood and therefore quite stable, while individual pieces might be difficult to put together in a perfect line without getting a little warp in them, and would probably also need to be whittled on the ends of each piece, although that is much easier than evenly doing so in the middle of a broomstick.

I think ultimately though, I would go with option B. While getting them straight is a concern, I can always break them apart if need be and try it again, or just restart since wooden sticks like that are pretty cheap. Plus, the one I saw at Anime Central came out absolutely perfect, so I know there is at least one who came before me who got it to come out that way. (which, BTW, is SailorAnime on here, if you want to see it for yourself)

That, however, just covers the shaft. The key teeth on the shaft are obviously pretty easy; just craft a few small pieces of wood and glue them on. The top, however, I have no idea how to handle. There are a few different options, but I'm not sure how well too many of them will work since I have seen too many Pluto staffs that light up to not at least try to make it work, because it looks awesome. I was kind of thinking for that center part that I might be able to make some kind of a cone out of something to house the battery and then glue on something to the outside of it for the effect.

The heart on top is going to be the hardest for me. I am not much of an artist, but I feel like I would need to sculpt that out of something solid to go with how sturdy the rest of it is. Fortunately it is mostly independent of the rest of it though, so it can be figured out after the rest of it.
Mr. Robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 08:15 PM   #6760
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

I can't believe no one is talking about the kick butt new Sailor Moon musical! I am dying over the costumes, wigs, music everything. trying to decide how to convince my sister that she needs to be Prince Endymion for my Sailor moon with the holy sword, or something equally cool!
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 12:06 AM   #6761
Enkai
Spiffy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
I can't believe no one is talking about the kick butt new Sailor Moon musical! I am dying over the costumes, wigs, music everything. trying to decide how to convince my sister that she needs to be Prince Endymion for my Sailor moon with the holy sword, or something equally cool!
I'm SO in love with La Reconquista. I've been a myu fangirl for a while, but Beryl's armor from the flashback scene is amazing and I want to do it. (helps that I'm also a huge Beryl fangirl) I love the take on her usual dress too, for that matter.

Next Events
Minna no Anime Halloween Party
Anime Los Angeles 2013
Animation on Display 2013
Enkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:23 PM   #6762
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

I've been too lazy to upload photos here yet, but here's my Super Sailor Saturn. Refurbished S Saturn will look like that too, all I need to do is make the bust armor for that and done.

Only problem I see is the bust armor riding up, but I know how to solve that. I've just been having an oddly difficult time finding silver chain with S-type links of the right size and weight to sew to the back along the bottom hem. (A solution my sewing mentor taught me, it's a couture technique used in short jackets I believe.)
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #6763
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

So I watched the new Sailor Moon musical a few weeks ago, and I've got to say, Beryl's Silver Millenium battle outfit is definitely in my dream cosplay list!!! That outfit is so awesome, but I have no idea where I would even begin with it lol
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #6764
Diegator
User of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Robot View Post
Not totally sure, but I chatted with a couple of Plutos at Anime Central who both had excellent staffs and I would consider both options.

One of them was a broomstick with the circle parts added over it, while the other was individual pieces of wood put together. The catch is that the area above and below each rounded part on the shaft sinks in a little bit, do using a broomstick would require some carving mid-shaft to really do it right. On the other hand though, a broomstick is a single piece of wood and therefore quite stable, while individual pieces might be difficult to put together in a perfect line without getting a little warp in them, and would probably also need to be whittled on the ends of each piece, although that is much easier than evenly doing so in the middle of a broomstick.

I think ultimately though, I would go with option B. While getting them straight is a concern, I can always break them apart if need be and try it again, or just restart since wooden sticks like that are pretty cheap. Plus, the one I saw at Anime Central came out absolutely perfect, so I know there is at least one who came before me who got it to come out that way. (which, BTW, is SailorAnime on here, if you want to see it for yourself)

That, however, just covers the shaft. The key teeth on the shaft are obviously pretty easy; just craft a few small pieces of wood and glue them on. The top, however, I have no idea how to handle. There are a few different options, but I'm not sure how well too many of them will work since I have seen too many Pluto staffs that light up to not at least try to make it work, because it looks awesome. I was kind of thinking for that center part that I might be able to make some kind of a cone out of something to house the battery and then glue on something to the outside of it for the effect.

The heart on top is going to be the hardest for me. I am not much of an artist, but I feel like I would need to sculpt that out of something solid to go with how sturdy the rest of it is. Fortunately it is mostly independent of the rest of it though, so it can be figured out after the rest of it.
I like option B. I was thinking of a center threaded rod to give it stability. Let's see how it turns out!
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #6765
kojirojames2004
Have not decided for 2014

My Sailor Mercury costume arrived Monday (10/21), and I'm ready to debut it on Halloween.