Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 10-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #16
valcarrie

I just finally figured out how to post pics and am still having trouble! smh. :P I can't see them when I click "preview". And is there a limit? I'd hoped to post at least 4, but I hope the ones I have so far show up. I hope it works!

Here is me in 2009, before I started training and then in 2012, and a recent shot. 999649_618669454811485_578189095_n.jpg

992979_618137324864698_1703498906_n.jpg
valcarrie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #17
Bovice

The definition will come easy, just focus on the your target size for now; Muscle is much easier to maintain than it is to build, so when you're happy with your results, it'll be easy enough to cut down while maintaining your muscle mass.

Keep up the great work
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #18
Bovice

Quote:
Originally Posted by valcarrie View Post
I just finally figured out how to post pics and am still having trouble! smh. :P I can't see them when I click "preview". And is there a limit? I'd hoped to post at least 4, but I hope the ones I have so far show up. I hope it works!

Here is me in 2009, before I started training and then in 2012, and a recent shot. Attachment 41031

Attachment 41032
whoa whoa didn't see this; posted still thinking we were on page 1; that is friggin awesome. Btw I wish men looked that define at 10% bodyfat

As far as my recent accomplishment. I made a post on facebook saying that if my status got 30 likes, I'd run a 9 day marathon of my obstacle course (which I usually run only 2-3x a week) and that if it got 50 likes, I'd do a double one of the days.

It got 50+ likes, and it was tough, but I managed to do all 10 runs, throwing in a second day where I did a double for 11 runs in 9 days. Just finished the last run this morning but may do one more to make it twelve.

ossil Park is an obstacle course I run; .6 miles per lap.

Jog half a lap for warmup and walk the other half.

2 laps with all obstacles (14 obstacles/lap) then jog 2 laps at a faster pace (stopping only for the 2-3 bonus obstacles)

Excluding warmup 4 laps (obstacle laps + jogged laps) averages to 44-46 mins; with yesterday being a personal best at 42.5 mins, and this morning breaking yesterday's personal best at 39 mins.

There are many stations, but with 4/10 of the stations being pull up bars (well one is a set of monkey bars); averaging 97 pull ups(or variants of) per run, 1067 pull ups over the course of the marathon
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #19
Antifreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bovice View Post
whoa whoa didn't see this; posted still thinking we were on page 1; that is friggin awesome. Btw I wish men looked that define at 10% bodyfat
I agree, with you there, but females naturally carry more fat than us males so, it is understandable that we have to work a little harder.
Antifreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
konekoanni

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiolie View Post
I am getting bigger arms! I am slowly getting my body to where I want it to be. I would like to see obvious definition without flexing but this is a good start.
Me too! I've been doing a bodyweight routine three or four times a week and swimming twice a week, and my upper arms and back/shoulders are starting to have definition. It's really encouraging to actually see some progress--after losing the initial weight, it's been so slow building muscle that sometimes I lose sight of how much I've actually gained.

Maybe I'll try and post pictures tonight when I get off work.

Kiryuin Satsuki [Kill la Kill] 100% - AX 2014
Classic Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon S] 100% - AX 2014
Nuriko [Fushigi Yuugi] 35% - AX 2014
Super Sailor Uranus [Sailor Moon SuperS] 60% - PMX 2014

ACP | blog | facebook | deviantART | tumblr | worldcosplay

Last edited by konekoanni : 10-07-2013 at 11:43 AM.
konekoanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #21
Ravena
Ravena

Been weightlifting for a year, on and off, am not consistent enough in the kitchen, (I can take about a month of sweet potato, broccoli and chicken etc then start craving pizza).

Yesterday I finally graduated to full dead-hang pullups, 'cause I got tired of being the one using the assisted machine or doing chin-ups. Small step but it's got me excited!

Love the definition in my back from deadlifts too - it was a great feeling when I finally moved up to 45's (about 4 months ago).

@Diodone: Man that is INCREDIBLE progress, holy cow - awesome.
Ravena is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2013, 01:40 AM   #22
Cyanna
Yarrrrn Pirate

15 miles last Saturday. That's the farthest I've gone so far. Every other week or every third week until January is going to be a new distance record. Working towards my first full marathon in January.

I started running the summer of 2010. I had to do week 1 of C25K for three weeks before I felt like I was ready to progress. THAT's how far I've come.

Next conventions: Otakon, Anime Weekend Atlanta
Currently working on (commission): "Companion Cube" [custom] Mabel Pines (Gravity Falls)
Currently working on (personal): Fem!Pacha (The Emperor's New Groove), Spidermom ver. 3 (Homestuck)
Cyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #23
Antifreeze

Cyanna, that is quite a long distance to run. I can barely make it a mile. >.> then again me and running do not see eye to eye. ^_^ Keep up the good work.
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #24
Ilafatyu
That guy

I did 50 pushups/v ups and only puked a little. :D

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Soren (Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn) - 3%
Vaati (LoZ Minish Cap) - 2%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
alpha_helix
beer + costumes

Since I'm coming back from a minor injury (which, at one point I was afraid was something much worse).

I can now, once again, get through a 1.5 hr Irish dance class without being in excruciating pain. I also have much better control and placement, so I'm not kicking myself in the shins like I always used to.

Also my feet are so strong now that pointe doesn't hurt my toes anymore. My arches still get sore, but that's because they're working hard.
youtube channel! Facebook Page
alpha_helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #26
fullmetal294

I do a lot of mud runs those are always pretty tough, going for the tough mudder later this month
fullmetal294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #27
Antifreeze

I managed to survive my Crossfit Gym's internal competition. I am pretty happy completing every workout handed to me with the insane time limits.
Unread 10-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #28
ITNerd2005

@Valcarrie omg! :x
ITNerd2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #29
WonJohnSoup
Cosplay Photographer

Oh whoa, Valcarrie, GREAT JOB hahaha oh man, this thread is so motivating.

Today I finally felt safe enough from an achilles injury 6 months ago to head back into my 1 mile time trial. Put up a 6:21 today, 9 seconds off from my PR of 6:12. I had way too much left in the tank though so it makes me wonder if I could've matched it.

Then I went to the gym still in my short shorts (2 inch inseam) and did a bunch of squat variations and other explosive leg stuff. BECAUSE SUB-6, I'VE GOT YOU LOCKED ON.

Upcoming Conventions:

Comikaze 2014 Will be holding panels on Posing for Cosplay Photography! Contact for limited photoshoot bookings.
Blizzcon Contact for bookings!
WonJohnSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
Joethehappydog
Uncalled for Man!

I've been suffering severe overtraining syndrome for the past 9 months, and my physiotherapist says that I only need to abstain from serious lifting for about 5 more weeks, and then I can just start lifting again. Sure was tough sitting those 9 months out! Defenitely an achievement if you're an addict like me I'm thinking of doing allpro's simple beginner routine to kind of get the hang of it and then I'll make a few schedules of my own. Change intensity on a mino/mesocyclar basis and mostly stick with basic exercises. After that I think I'll do some heavy lifting/hypertrophy stuff. My goal is to go back to my previous stats (95 kg with 14% bodyfat) and BEYOND!

My deviantArt: JoeyBizToast

お尻の筋肉を締め、ええ!

Working on:
-Nier (NieR Gestalt)
-Bigby Wolf (The Wolf Among Us)
Joethehappydog is offline   Reply With Quote