Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > New York Comic Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #181
ImagineerEm

I just found this thread!

I'm going Saturday as Captain America (Female). Taking my shield on MetroNorth is going to be very interesting!

I have a bit of detail work to finish up, but am very excited!
ImagineerEm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #182
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeikoRae View Post
Still nervous about my costume since I've never done a catsuit/unitard? before, but I got the okay to wear it so, Kate Bishop I shall be. Just need some gloves and then it will be complete. only going saturday and I'll have a lucky/pizza dog plush with me. See ya'll there!
BRO!

I'll be wearing Clint sometime after 4ish. I'll be sure to keep an eye on you, as I'll be running around to at least 7 before heading to that Midtown Comics after party.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #183
meinterrupted

Does anyone else here worry about what day to wear what cosplay? I can't decide which day would be best for which character!

But I think I've decided to do Peggy Carter on Saturday, since that's the costume I worked hardest on and am most proud of. (I think. Maybe Friday. Meep!)

Costumes: Miss America Chavez, Young Avengers
Peggy Carter, Captain America: TFA
Pin-up Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel
Fem!Steve Rogers, The Avengers 90% DONE
damsel!Valkyrie, Fearless Defenders (#12 cover) 75% DONE
Planned: Sif, Journey into Mystery | Red She-Hulk (Betty Ross), Red She-Hulk | Dahl, Riddick | | Giganta, DCAU
meinterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #184
littlemissnerdy

I only worry when I start getting press related emails. I run a convention website and get chances for interviews. I try to get everything on a non-cosplay day but that's getting harder to do! LOL
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #185
yacchan
Imperius Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinterrupted View Post
I'm planning on wearing Peggy Carter on Sunday, and I'l loooooove to get a pic with the SHIELD ladies!
The most belated reply ever! But we'd love to get photos. c: I'm not sure when exactly we'll be at the con on Sunday (probably arriving no later than 11am), but our only set plans are to track down Jim Steranko so I can get my needle gun signed.

Next Conventions
NYCC 2014

Check out the West Village Avengers on Facebook!
yacchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #186
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinterrupted View Post
Does anyone else here worry about what day to wear what cosplay? I can't decide which day would be best for which character!

But I think I've decided to do Peggy Carter on Saturday, since that's the costume I worked hardest on and am most proud of. (I think. Maybe Friday. Meep!)
With NYCC, I tend to keep my Thursday and Sundays light on costuming, as the con is lest crowded (well Thursday maybe) and I can shop/chat/etc. Friday is usually the day Marvel does something (Several ppl have confirmed the Marvel COSTOBER event is on Friday afternoon), and Saturday is super crowded, so it's costume day because balls to attempting to go into that Exhibitor's hall.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 10-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #187
littlemissnerdy

Squee! Both costumes have been shipped! One should get here today and the other tomorrow!

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #188
Shining Blaze

Do we have an official day confirmed or what?
Shining Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #189
littlemissnerdy

Confirmed for? As mentioned, I think Marvel is having their cosplay event at their booth/stage on Friday.

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
Unread 10-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #190
NeikoRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
BRO!

I'll be wearing Clint sometime after 4ish. I'll be sure to keep an eye on you, as I'll be running around to at least 7 before heading to that Midtown Comics after party.
heheh, hmm around 4 I'll either be waiting in line for the Shield pannel or trying to get stan lee's autpgraph, otherwise, I'll just be wandering around.- just look for purple lol.
Kinda sad I'll be missing Marvel's costume event (since its friday) but I really hope to see some of you guys throughout saturday!

It's almost here!
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #191
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Marvel's Costober Event is at 3pm at the Marvel booth. See y'all there!

Unread 10-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #192
MaiSheri
Eternal Procrastinator

Hope everyone had a great time at the con - I got a surprisingly positive response to my Pepper, but then I guess I was playing to the right audience with Comic Con XD. Unfortunately I didn't find the Sunday Marvel meet/shoot which was pretty disappointing. Did anyone here go? was it outside the badges-only area at registration? I think that's the only place I didn't look
As a side-note, I met the Iron Maiden and Lady America girls briefly and really wish I'd given them my email. Want to chat about how they made their dresses, especially since IM was wired for light AND sound *_*
Unread 10-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #193
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiSheri View Post
Hope everyone had a great time at the con - I got a surprisingly positive response to my Pepper, but then I guess I was playing to the right audience with Comic Con XD. Unfortunately I didn't find the Sunday Marvel meet/shoot which was pretty disappointing. Did anyone here go? was it outside the badges-only area at registration? I think that's the only place I didn't look
Hawkguy went over well, which was nice, and was probably helped by that Timeout NY article. Cyclops got some love when it was recognized, but I guess it's still considered "obscure" since he's only been rocking it for like 9 months. Which is a tad annoying since I dropped serious cash on it, but whatever, it's only costuming, I'll get over it.

My Saturday shoot went over pretty well, despite being a lot quicker and chatoic than I was expecting. Now to play the waiting game with Marvel. Upside, people want to do it again, so I can start looking forward to that in 2014.