Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #106
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

I wanted to update my review on the Iwatobi jackets from the fourth. When I was at the con, I got to check out the jackets the rest of my teammates had bought. Well, holy crap, they were perfect. They fit well, they were lined, the pockets zipped closed, and they were just amazing. So I decided to get a new one like theirs for myself! If anyone's interested, here's the listing. They're almost out of sizes, but you can message the seller to get one, too. For myself (33" bust, 27" waist, 36" hips) I bought a woman's large. The best part is the price. $40 with free shipping??? Yes please.

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)

Next con: Akai Con
Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2013, 05:19 PM   #107
heaven_firings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
I wanted to update my review on the Iwatobi jackets from the fourth. When I was at the con, I got to check out the jackets the rest of my teammates had bought. Well, holy crap, they were perfect. They fit well, they were lined, the pockets zipped closed, and they were just amazing. So I decided to get a new one like theirs for myself! If anyone's interested, here's the listing. They're almost out of sizes, but you can message the seller to get one, too. For myself (33" bust, 27" waist, 36" hips) I bought a woman's large. The best part is the price. $40 with free shipping??? Yes please.
What kind of material is that one? Like feel/quality/type. Because I see they have the Samezuka ones too and I'd really like to cosplay Seijuurou next year. But I'm not really sure I'm up to making something like that, especially if the cost isn't less than making it myself.
heaven_firings is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #108
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven_firings View Post
What kind of material is that one? Like feel/quality/type. Because I see they have the Samezuka ones too and I'd really like to cosplay Seijuurou next year. But I'm not really sure I'm up to making something like that, especially if the cost isn't less than making it myself.
I'm pretty sure they're polyester. It isn't a natural fiber, or a sweatshirt material, so that pretty much just leaves the plastic stuff. My new one hasn't arrived yet, so I can't confirm. But they're lined, and that makes them feel thicker and of a higher quality than if they were unlined, like my old one was. Even though they /aren't/ sweatshirt material (which is what I had initially wanted for this cosplay), I really do recommend them.

In Progress Cosplays
Override Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Episode 24 Credits Satsuki (Kill la Kill) | Sailor Mars (Sailor Moon)

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 10-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #109
Yujin

What pains me the most out of all these retail jackets is the angle of the blue line/the red symbol not being exactly right haha. OTL Ugh but one day I will be ordering one of them...T_T
Otakon '09, '13
Katsucon '11, '14 - prereg'd for '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:31 AM   #110
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
What pains me the most out of all these retail jackets is the angle of the blue line/the red symbol not being exactly right haha. OTL Ugh but one day I will be ordering one of them...T_T
I totally feel this, but I think, weirdly enough, the photos in the Ebay ad don't do it justice. Here's one of the only super clear photos I have of our jackets. Our Haru is wearing one of the ~$40 jackets that I just ordered. I think it looks much better on than it does in the ads, but you're right, they're not perfect. :c

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #111
Yujin

Yeah, with so many manufacturers out there, you'd think at least one of them would get it right, huh? XDD

The quality does look very nice though! And if worst comes to worst I would just strip the red symbol somehow and repaint it by hand lolol.
Otakon '09, '13
Katsucon '11, '14 - prereg'd for '14
OmegaCon '13
Yujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #112
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny

I've been thinking about cosplaying as Haru in his ending version but honestly I don't know where to start. XD

If anyone can give me tips on how to make certain parts of his ending outfit, much appreciated.
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]

Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]

Noize is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #113
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

I'm still waiting for my athletic jacket to be shipped. Taobaonow said the thing was "in-making" when I ordered it so that it would take awhile. It could possibly be a lolita dress I ordered with it, as it was a reserve order. I asked about it but they said they're still waiting to hear from the seller. Basically the whole thing is a test of patience.

My Nitori wig was also part of that order, so I probably won't be going forward with that cosplay until it's at least shipped.

Part of me wants to cosplay fem!Haru as I've seen several suits on Swim Outlet that are basically of the women's version of Haru's suit. That and I've seen some beautiful genderbent fanart of Haru.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #114
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

My taobao order finally came in so I now I have Nitori's wig and a Iwatobi jacket. I'm very pleased with Fantasy Sheep's jacket, so I'm hoping they do the Samezuka jacket as well. If not, I'll just order it from someplace else.

I'm not sure when I'm going to buy the maid outfit. My things came in just before the holiday season and I probably want to buy my gifts before investing in more cosplay.

Working on: Lolita!Annie Leonhardt (Attack on Titan) - Red Riding Hood!Alois Trancy (Black Butler) -Chinese!Sakura Kinomoto (Card Captor Sakura)
Unread 11-21-2013, 02:14 AM   #115
Akahana Hime
Proud OC Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
I'm super super excited because I'm going to cosplay Rei with a couple of friends who are being Nagisa and Rin. We're doing a genderbend group, which I'm usually iffy about because I'm not big on genderbends, but I found THE MOST AMAZING SPEEDO one piece bathing suit to use for Rei. So, I bought that, and some red glasses, and next is to just get the Iwatobi swim club jacket and the wig, which I plan on styling in a sort of over-the-shoulder loose braid. q_q I'M SO PUMPED OMG. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know <3
Umm hi there....I was wondering....well I want to get the same suit in black/ purple (Doing fem haruka/and or my Free! OC but....how does the suit fit? Is it worth the money? I am also looking for a nice suit to just have for swimming (Even better if it makes me think of Free!) Thank you for your assistance
Aka
Unread 11-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #116
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

^My swimsuit is tight when it's dry, as it should be for actual competitive swimming, but I sort of wish I'd gotten one a size or two bigger, since I don't actually need it to swim in. Check Speedo's size charts, know that when you get one that is exactly your size, it will be tight dry and stretch in water, and then make your judgement based on that. Good luck!

PS I bought mine new on Ebay for $25. It's worth an ebay browse-through, I think, if it shaves $50 off the price.

In Progress Cosplays

Rei | Souda | Bertholdt
Unread 11-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #117
Kitsunebi-chan
Sora Kitsune Cosplay

hey guys! i can say that ill be officially starting on Arabian Rin for Anime Matsuri!!

ive been looking at some reference pics and other cosplayers outfits to get some ideas how to do mine. i think i found a pattern for the pants but nothing for his jacket or head pice ( what is that called?) . and what fabric suggestions to do this in? im thinking of making it similar to my Sharrkan magi outfit as its pretty light in the pants and sturdy up top to make free movement and ease when wet.

other issue is the binding... im a C and have no success in doing open chest binding ( i think i keep doing it wrong?). and im not sure how i can nude out to my skin tone.

if anyone has anything like tips, tutorials etc for this cosplay, please send them this way!

Current Cosplay:
Sora from kingdom hearts 2 Celty from Durarara Kuro from blue exorcist
Otoya ittoki from Uta no prince sama yoruichi from bleach then i got some in the works

past cosplay:
kyuubi from naruto
Kitsunebi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #118
CardinalWinter

I'm in love with this anime. I've decided to do fem!Rin. It's a good thing I'm not planning to wear it until August because I've got a lot of planning to do. So many options!
CardinalWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:18 AM   #119
ryurei-chan
Utsukushi! *u*

Yay, a Free! thread! Hi guys!

So, I plan to be Fem! Rei at AnimeNEXT this year, but I need to find some things (or make them if I have to) in time for June:

- A swimsuit
- The jacket
- The glasses
- Red goggles

Anybody know where I can get them from? Nothing TOO expensive, preferably. c:
Saturday - hide (X Japan) (0%)
Sunday - ???

Last edited by ryurei-chan : 01-01-2014 at 11:21 AM.
ryurei-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #120
Shana05
Annie Leonhardt Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryurei-chan View Post
Yay, a Free! thread! Hi guys!

So, I plan to be Fem! Rei at AnimeNEXT this year, but I need to find some things (or make them if I have to) in time for June:

- A swimsuit
- The jacket
- The glasses
- Red goggles

Anybody know where I can get them from? Nothing TOO expensive, preferably. c:
This is the suit I'm getting for fem!Haru, for Rei get it in Black/Royal. I got my Iwatobi Jacket from Fantasy Sheep on taobao but it with shipping and shopping service fees, it wasn't cheap.