Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Unread 10-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Hoshi26
Cosplay apprentice

Kanata no Kyokai cosplay

What? There's no Kanata no Kyokai cosplay thread yet? How unpleasant. I guess I'll remedy that now!

I am loving this show and am already planning to cosplay Mirai. I'm wondering how to make the collar for the school uniform everyone wears. Does someone have the name and/or a pattern for that kind of collar? Thanks!
Hoshi26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

I've also been interested in cosplayng from Kyoukai no Kanata!
At the moment, I'm leaning towards Hiro'omi, since he looks like the only one I could pull off, I like his design and personality and can completely empathise with the always feeling cold or getting sick thing. u_u
In progress:
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Rin Matsuoka - 75%|
| Yuu Kashima - 70%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |

Last edited by LluviaSarcasm : 10-18-2013 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typo
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

It's too early in the series for me to feel attached to anyone really, but I'm excited (and nervous for my wallet) to see who I fall in love with later on!

Geek Media Expo
Mami | Ymir | Satsuki (Override)
Shadocon
Zuko | Ymir | Mikoshiba
Yama-con
Dagger | Ymir | Sailor Mars

schmemy is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 01:30 AM   #4
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

I really love this series already! Mirai is such a cutie~
I kinda like Mitsuki cuz of how she's talking about gore/dead peeps in first episode.

As for the collar, the back of it looks like the normal sailor fuku collar. The front looks more like a normal collar but extended. If you can merge those two patterns together, you should be able to achieve the look. :>

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I'm really liking Mirai. She's just so cute but her character is so sad. The kind of character I love, haha. The only thing that's stopping me from going gungho about cosplaying her is that I really want to have the blood sword.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #6
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

omg! yes!! that blood sword would be awesome to have. I'm trying to figure out "how" as well~

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Unread 11-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #7
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krye View Post
omg! yes!! that blood sword would be awesome to have. I'm trying to figure out "how" as well~
Would resin be too heavy/delicate/expensive? That's the first thought I had but I've never worked with resin before, maybe sheets of plastic glued together?
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #8
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderingdreamr View Post
Would resin be too heavy/delicate/expensive? That's the first thought I had but I've never worked with resin before, maybe sheets of plastic glued together?
I was looking online and people said epoxy resin can be too brittle for such a huge piece. I remember someone mentioned clear pvc sheets. I have yet to look deeper into it~

Keep us posted if/when you start on it~ ^^

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #9
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I've been seeing this ALL over my tumblr dash..Looks wicked awesome. I will be waiting a little, but I might look into a way to make that blood sword. I think the clear plastic might be a good idea, the only problem is that even red, it won't look like it's blood..It'll just look like a red sword..I/m thinking using red (non clear) and then using DARKER red, one could make it have a blood looking "illusion" to it..But yea, other then making a mold and casting it, you won't get that blood look. You could, however, use a lighter weight plastic resin much like that of the mass produced cosplay swords on ebay (usually you will see this as the really expensive keyblades and such). That's the only other way I see..

However, that girl (I assume that's the Mirai girl you are all talking about, since googleing that name, that's the girl that shows up, with the cute semi medium hair and Moe as crap glasses) looks like the EXACT character I'd cosplay in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Damn....I watched like 5 minutes of episode one, for some reason got hooked....Then had to freaking stop myself because I'm wicked tired and won't be able to pay attention....I hate watching anime when I'm too tired to pay attention..Either way, I might watch all 5 episodes on animefreak on wednesday when I have time..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)

Last edited by JasonTerror : 11-05-2013 at 01:10 AM.
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #10
Throatriptron
Tsundere

I'm already planning a Mirai! I'm commissioning the blood sword, so the only thing I need to concern myself with is the outfit, however I wanted like an ACTUAL sweater like hers but it turns out sweaters like that are hard to find so....if anyone here finds one hook me up!

I've seen a couple of KnK cosplayers and they are all adorable omg.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #11
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatriptron View Post
I'm already planning a Mirai! I'm commissioning the blood sword, so the only thing I need to concern myself with is the outfit, however I wanted like an ACTUAL sweater like hers but it turns out sweaters like that are hard to find so....if anyone here finds one hook me up!

I've seen a couple of KnK cosplayers and they are all adorable omg.
I wouldn't even know WHAT to look for lol I've tried a few different searches and nothing came up..Not like that anyway..I think the only options are to make it (yea, that's not gonna happen here) or buy a cosplay one..
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:16 PM   #12
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
I wouldn't even know WHAT to look for lol I've tried a few different searches and nothing came up..Not like that anyway..I think the only options are to make it (yea, that's not gonna happen here) or buy a cosplay one..
Cosplay FU seems to have a pretty good Mirai cosplay (and they do sell the sweater) and I hear good things about them from MOST people (except about the wigs, which are apparently not their forte...).

So if I don't find a sweater I plan on getting it there as a last minute thing if I don't find anything by January.

Also! A company in Japan is making official Mirai Kuriyama glasses, all up to spec, that you can buy (for now, pre-order) through AmiAmi. Still deciding if I want to spend $90 on glasses though....it's $65 for the glasses and then about 20-30$ for shipping. u_u
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #13
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

I haven't used them, but if you think it's good and have heard good things, then I say go for it. Well AmiAmi has great stuff. They carry all (from what I know at least) super legit stuff. My friend buys there al the time. I might pick those up when i cosplay her. Are you doing her for Sakuracon? You mention if you can't find anything by Jan which is before con so it seems like you are trying to get it done soon.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Yeah, I'll be wearing it to SakuraCon. I'm setting Jan as my deadline to find a sweater from a store in the US (japanese clothes never, ever fit me properly, lol), but if I can't find it by then I want the company I order it from to have plenty of time, since I'll be sneding custom measurements. ^^;;

And yeah the glasses look great! It's a collab project between two companies and they did some glasses for Homura Akemi a while back and those were super cute and accurate! I took the measurements from the site and they seem like they'd be the perfect size and everything. If you have the cash to spend and decide to do her I'd definitely put in for a pair. It's a pain in the butt to find a good pair of red faux glasses in her style.
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Yea, that's what I was guessing..I understood the whole "store deadline" part, I was speaking in general you seem to want it done for SC, so..lol I'll want a pic of course..If you still plan on Charlotte I have to find you AGAIN (I won't be Kyoko anymore so I won't see you at the shoot if you go). I saw the Homura glasses. My friend was cosplaying her and was thinking about getting them, but now is selling that cosplay..Yea, if I had the money, I'd get those glasses for Mirai even if I DIDN'T cosplay her haha
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)