Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
MissLumetta

Sally, Nightmare Before Christmas

So i'm researching body paint and all I've come up with is to get the right shade is to mix colors. I SUCK at mixing colors because my mom likes to help and like to boast her way is right, and most of the time we both end up being wrong.
What is the best brand to get that is water proof, I don't want any heavy water based make up cause I already have very oil skin and that will be a challenge on its own. I want to get Ben Nye however I'm not sure what shade to get. Recommendations on brands and the color would be very appreciated.

Last edited by MissLumetta : 09-29-2013 at 03:08 PM.
MissLumetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
rayysmith
MUA with the big boobs.

Mixing color will honestly be your best bet. Using Ben Nye (your prefence) Magicolor, in white and blue. I'd say a 3:1 ratio would work well, apply it in thin coats to your skin. You can use a sponge and stipple it into your skin, but I'd recommend using your hands, that way you are able to blend into your skin better. using a bit of an oil free moisturizer and mixing a small amount will help prevent blotchiness. The most important part (due to your oily skin) is your translucent powder. Which one you use, is up to you. An affordable one is the E.L.F product. But Ben Nye makes an awesome one as well.
Don't be nervous about mixing! You'll do fine with some practice! and Sally's skin isn't too difficult.
(another amazing product to check out, is Krylon's aqua color)

Don't hesitate to message me for more Q&A's!
rayysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 03:07 AM   #3
Cosplay_Rose
Gold Rose Cosplay

Everything Rayysmith said is very good advice, but if you're dead-set on not mixing, sillyfarm.com has the largest variety of body paint colors I've ever found. You might have to poke around to find the right one though. I also recommend buth Kryolan and Ben Nye, and you'll need to get a sealing powder or spray.

Program Director at Kin-Yoobi Con
Cosplay_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote