Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 999 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #2761
ChidoriLove89

Name of Commissoner: RSP Cosplay/ Miranda

Character Commisioned: Kakashi Jounin Jacket

Pictures: I will upload soon

Timeline: I asked if it would be something they could do and gave her about a 2 month lead time. I expected it to be there on August 1st.

Describe you experience: Well she seemed really nice at first. Said that she could do it no problem and it would be $150 for the whole thing. That seemed fair, so I paid and requested updates and photos when she started. She advised that she would start soon, but had other commissions and cons to attend. A couple weeks later, I followed up and she said she was still busy and that when she starts it, it should only take a couple says. A couple more weeks go by, and I request an update. She said she was gone at cons all weekend, but should start soon. Around the end of July, she finally starts on my jacket and sends me some photos of the complete item. Lets just say...it was AWFUL! The color was wrong, the pockets were embarassing, plus it looks super big! I am only 145lbs and 5'5" 0.o I was just hopeing that maybe it will look better when I get it.

Well she missed my deadline since it didnt technically arrive till 2nd week of august. When I finally got it, I was literally shocked. There were 3 different colors od green thread used, uneven stiching, and it looked so bad. It didn't fit, the pockets were horrifying! I emailed her asap and told I was a bit upset on how the jacket turned out. I paid $150 and this is worse quality than Ebay bought. In fact, I own one and it was better than this hung of crap. I request a parital refund since she did put time into, she never got back to me and still to this day has not given me my money.

Please DO NOT use them! They do terribly quailty of work and if your unsatisfied, they do not reimburse and flat out ignore.

Final Grade: D-

[Convention Cosplay List for 2014
:
  • AOT Kakashi Hatake (Hidden Leaf Style)
  • Fran FF12 -- 10%
  • KosMos From Xenosaga

Last edited by ChidoriLove89 : 10-25-2013 at 01:26 PM.
ChidoriLove89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #2762
StHoly

Prop commission by chergnomebyl

Name of commissioner : Chergnomebyl
Website : I don't know any but she's or he's here in cosplay.com.
Prop commission: gunner yuna, guns

Pic :can be seen in their profile, will upload soon

Timeline: very fast and easy transaction!

Comments: love love love them! Thank you for making them under such tough budget! Sorry that you hurt your hand during tht time too.. Hope it's all better..

Easy and fast well before the deadline. Awesome commissioner! I paid half first for him to start then paid for another half and shipping after I see the picture posted in their profile. As expected, very nice job!! Will commission again if possible!
Thanks again!

Final grade :A+

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Esther Blanchett Empire Version Trinity Blood
Anime Matsuri 2014 (Houston)
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX

Last edited by StHoly : 10-24-2013 at 11:09 PM.
StHoly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #2763
StHoly

Cosplayhouse

Name of commissioner : Cosplayhouse
Prop commission: Tifa shoes

Pic : will upload soon

Timeline: very fast and easy transaction!

Comments: very nice PVC leather shoe! Nt so durable though which wasn't as expected but still good!! Love it!

Fast transaction, ordered being done in a timely manner!
Thanks again!

Final grade :A-

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #2764
StHoly

Name of commissioner : Cosplayhouse
Prop commission: Seymour wand

Pic : will upload soon

Timeline: nearly 2 months. I ordered on 25th August and got the item Oct 20th

Comments: love it but the wand came in pieces... they offered 15% refund though.. So I'll jus put some glue on it or something.. They also forgot the accessories on the wand but they did say they will send it to me. Communication wise, they are pretty good about it. Though it does take very long to make this prop..
Thanks again!

Final grade :B+ because of the pieces and missing accessories.. Other than that everything is good.

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #2765
StHoly

Sorry for the posts I made,I will also update the with pictures ASAP.
Jus a quick question, why are there no milanoo reviews here? I am jus wondering because I had transactions with them recently and they are good. Can I post them here?

OniCon X (Galveston)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVII AC
Ikki Con 2013 (Austin)
Summoner Yuna FFX
Tifa Lockhart FFVIIAC
Gunner Yuna FFX-2
Summoner Yuna FFX
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #2766
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by StHoly View Post
Sorry for the posts I made,I will also update the with pictures ASAP.
Jus a quick question, why are there no milanoo reviews here? I am jus wondering because I had transactions with them recently and they are good. Can I post them here?
That'd be in merchant reviews instead of commissioner reviews, and I'm surprised you've had good luck with them, because everyone else on coscom will say to run like hell from Milanoo what with horrible quality and inaccurate or counterfeit products, questionable business practices and stolen photos...
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #2767
littlemissnerdy

Name of Commissioner: Mrs31 (cosplay.com)

Character Commissioned: Circus Kate Bishop from Hawkeye #2

Pictures: http://s175.photobucket.com/user/dar...Kate%20Costume

Timeline: The timeline was very reasonable. She sent a photo of the fabric on September 21st and I had the costume October 7th. The costume was for NYCC.

Comments: Everything started out very well. She replied to an ad I had posted. I checked out her work which looked amazing and to be good quality. She was always quick to respond and answer any questions/concerns that I had. Then I received the item. It was poor quality and looked horrible on. Where the top and bottom meet (it's a unitard type design) was poor and didn't look straight at all. The top half was much too large (I had sent proper measurements). Once I started taking a closer look I came across seams that weren't the best, including a few holes. I emailed her the following day (I was really disappointed and wanted to calm down). She seemed just as upset and I sent photos like she requested. That was the LAST I heard from her and that was on October 8th. I've tried contacting her a few times to work something out but she has yet to respond. The last email I sent with on the 21st.

Grade: Obviously an F.
DeviantArt (Brand New): LittleMissHawkeye

2013 Conventions:
C2E2
SDCC
Baltimore Comic Con
NYCC
littlemissnerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #2768
ProGamer023

Name of Commissioner: D-Jenn / Shoshanna
Website/C.com gallery: http://www.shoshanna2003.etsy.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game: Rydia of Mist from Final Fantasy IV - I wanted the entire costume, except for the wig. Cape, arm warmers, skirt, leotard, boots and belt.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ydiaofmist.jpg
Timeline: The costume was started in August and I got it by my due date, which was October 25
Describe your Experience: D-Jenn is FANTASTIC! She is very skilled at her craft and creates beautiful, flawless work! She is excellent with communication and asks many questions to ensure that you receive exactly what you paid for. I have nothing negative to say - this was my first cosplay and she nailed it. I had so many compliments! THANKS D-JENN! I will definitely be commissioning her again in the future and I recommend her to anyone that wants excellent service and craftsmanship.
Final Grade: A+ ... if it were possible to give her a higher grade, I certainly would
ProGamer023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 09:38 PM   #2769
Rinoa_324

Name of Commissioner: Blueangel17
Character Commissioned: Rinoa Heartilly-Final Fantasy 8
Timeline: Commissioned her towards the end August, needed it till next year, got it exactly on November 1st.
Experience: Great commissioner, joy to work with! She answered emails right away, and responded to any of the questions I had. Also sent updates and pics of the cosplay outfit. Overall she's a great person to work with and will commission her again!
Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Rinoa_324 : 11-01-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Rinoa_324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #2770
AceOfCraze

Name of Commissioner: Graceasaur

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/240292

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Wilson Higgsbury from Don't Starve - Wig

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: I haven't received it

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Mid-June

Describe your Experience - I commissioned her in July to make a wig for a convention on the 24th October and I have received no wig nor any news about it. She said that she would contact me when the base wig arrived but I've heard nothing. I've messaged her multiple times on here and her email and got no reply. I spent around £52 pounds, I do believe. My friend ended up having to make the wig that she promised to make.

Pros - She was really friendly and easy to talk to.
Comments -I wouldn't have minded if she had messaged me with an explanation but she's just stopped coming on here.

Final Grade: F-

Majora's Mask Moon Child - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Human!The Smiler - Alton Towers Roller Coaster Gijinka
Medicine Seller - Mononoke

Last edited by AceOfCraze : 11-04-2013 at 09:22 AM.
AceOfCraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #2771
Rusaku

Name of commissioner : Chergnomebyl
Prop commission: Noctis' Sword from Final Fantasy XV

Pic :

Timeline: month of aug-oct

Comments: Absolutely beautifully done, made requests I asked of and is very easy to contact and keep in contact with. Sword is done with light material and very sturdy, impressive work for such a light prop, nearly surprised at how light it was yet solid.
Awesome work! thanks for all the stuff and hope your hand heals up fast =)

Final grade :A+

Otakon:
Loke - Fairy Tail
Haru Glory - Rave Master
Champion Green - Pokemon

Feel free to add me (just message me from where heh)https://www.facebook.com/ryan.rain.18
Rusaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #2772
PrincessGal

review of uniquecreator

Name of Commissioner: uniquecreator, Reba collections
Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/reba.collections?fref=ts
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): lili from tekken, bishoujo figurine version whole costume
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps2d5884c2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psc8ca8a3c.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psb5146b0a.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): about 8 months
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Very friendly commissioner, she tried to make the costume as accurate as possible which she succeeded in.
Always a quick response even when I asked multiple questions I never felt annoyed!
Very happy with the costume and works to your measurements you gave! I would buy again from her!
Final Grade: A+
PrincessGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #2773
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

Commissioner: Ayase Shin
Cosplay.com Account: http://www.cosplay.com/member/337846
Item Commissioned. Alakazam (pokemon plushie)

Ayase Shin was a pleasure to work with! She responded to emails quickly and kept me updated on the progress of my plushie through both email and on her Tumblr. She is also very decently priced. My original deadline was missed due to personal reasons, but she was quick to notify me of the situation and we quickly worked out another plan. I would definitely work with her again!

Grade: A+

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Cinncinnati Comic Con

Megaman/Bass Crossover (Megaman Battle Network)-0%
Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Black Widow (The Avengers)- 100%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 60%
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #2774
Feysera
I'd rather be Lois Lane.

Name of Commissioner: XhinYa Project
Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/XhinYaProject
Character commissioned and series/video game: Princess Amethyst from Sword of Sorcery, full costume + boots + accessories
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
What I asked for vs What I got (ignore the red boots)

Timeline:
  • First sent email on Jul 24. Requested deadline for costume is Nov 1. Received first reply a couple of hours later.
  • Received quotation on Jul 25.
  • Received fabric choices on Aug 19 (delay in communication due to national holiday in their country)
  • Received progress pics of accessories and armor parts on Sept 11.
  • Received progress pics of boots on Sept 29.
  • Received pics of completed costume + accessories on Oct 6. Pants had wrong details, which I told them so. They then went to fix it.
  • Received final pics on Oct 29.
  • Costume was shipped on Oct 30.
  • Costume arrived on Nov 5.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

The Good:

I chose XhinYa due to their positive reviews and impressive quality of work regarding armor parts. Their prices are affordable for a full costume that includes all the accessories, armor parts AND boots. I like that they are friendly, polite and easy to communicate. Whenever there is any delay in progress pictures or replies, they will email to explain why so. I appreciate that they ask quite a lot of questions because they appear so determined to get all the details right to my satisfaction. For example, the first time I received fabric colors, none of them were what I liked. They apologized, and sent another round of colors until I was contented with what I picked.

I am very pleased with their armor work and accessories; they are very very lovely! The rest, however...

The Bad:

My character is from a comic series, where is it common to have differences in costume details and coloring, depending on the artist and colorist. Thus, when I sent in my order, I stated very clearly which details and colors to follow in constructing my costume. They even acknowledged my instructions.

However, when I received the pics for the completed costume, I was shocked that the colors were so far off from the fabric colors they had asked me to pick from earlier. I asked about it, and they said that it is due to the lighting and camera. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, as you can see when I received the items, the colors are definitely VERY OFF from the version I wanted.

The boots were too big, so I checked my measurements sent to them again. I didn't make a mistake. What's weird is that I ordered another pair of boots from them for a different character using the same measurements, and THAT ONE FITTED. So it's definitely not an error on my part. (I sent an email to them about this, and all they said is they "were very sorry", while acknowledging "maybe they took the wrong feet's mold".)

Also, the original deadline given to them was Nov 1, but I received my things after that date. Luckily, in mid-Sept I had changed my con plans and wouldn't be needing the costume in Nov after all, but I didn't tell them that. I do feel it is unprofessional for them not to adhere to my original deadline.

Final Grade: B+
I'd recommend their affordable and lovely armor and prop work and would commission those from them again, but find someone else to sew your costume. Despite the wrong size, the boots are so fantastic quality, so just be wary if you're ordering boots. Give them ample time, and set your deadline a couple of weeks before the con/photoshoot you need your stuff for. Also, they are based in Indonesia, so depending on where you are, shipping can be costly.

Update:
(Nov 27th)
I am commissioning a sword from them and they're giving me a discount to make up for the mistakes in my previous commission. Changing final grade from B- to a B+ for service.

Last edited by Feysera : 11-28-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Feysera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #2775
Marbleyes
Wishful Dreamer

Name of Commissioner: Mon Cheri Designs (Kat Tehninja)
Website/C.com gallery: https://www.facebook.com/thunderkatcosplay
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Utena's Rose Bride Tiara
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...65168& type=3
Timeline (how long your order took to process): About two months but that was because I had a payment plan but after I sent her the second payment, she finished it in about two weeks! It was really fast!
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.:

She is beyond sweet. Her work is incredible and she works fast! She takes you step by step to make sure that the item is exactly how you want it to be. When the tiara was finished, I was blown away. It's everything and more! She's approachable and I'd love to get something else made from her in the future! I will definitely contact her again for future commissions!
Final Grade: A+++ She's truly an artist!
Rei from Neon Genesis Evangelion [Complete]
Vanessa from The Little Mermaid [Complete]

Future Cons
C2E2 [Saturday Only]
Anime Central 2014 [Saturday Only]
Anime Midwest 2014
Marbleyes is offline   Reply With Quote